• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

b w legal , stat demands in scotland, and the fca - complaint

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b w legal , stat demands in scotland, and the fca - complaint

With a number of recent statutory demands being served by b w legal (or walker love on their behalf) for Lowell, and their ignorance over the returned denial slips continuing to threaten sequestration petitions, I wonder whether a complaint should be made to the FCA.

I'm sure we only see a tiny proportion of cases on here, and others may not realise that the letter following return of the denial slip is simply b*ll*cks. Once the denial has been returned then they cannot proceed with a petition for sequestration , although they can take court action.

To me it seems they are hoping people will be scared by the threat of bankruptcy and just pay up, not realising they simply don't have the right.

If the four/five cases on here all wrote complaints to the fca it might have some effect? We could draft a complaint using the new consumer credit sourcebook rules ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: b w legal , stat demands and the fca - complaint

CoNC.

Proportionality

CONC 7.3.14

01/04/2014

FCA

(1) A firm must not take disproportionate action against a
    customer in arrears or default.

[Note: paragraphs 7.14 (box) of ILG and 3.7t of DCG]

(2) In
    accordance with (1) a firm must not, in particular, apply to court for an order
    for sale or submit a bankruptcy petition, without first having fully explored
    any more proportionate options.

[Note: paragraph 7.14 (box) of ILG]

CONC 7.3.15

01/04/2014

FCA

A firm should not make undue, excessive or otherwise unfair
    use of statutory demands (within the meaning of section 268 of the Insolvency
    Act 1986) when seeking to recover a debt from a customer.

[Note: paragraphs 7.10 of ILG and 3.7n of DCG]
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Re: b w legal , stat demands and the fca - complaint

CONC 7.11 Disclosures relating to "authority" or "status"

CONC 7.11.1

01/04/2014

FCA

When contacting customers, a firm must not misrepresent its authority or its legal
      position with regards to the debt or debt recovery process.

CONC 7.11.6

01/04/2014

FCA

A firm must1 not suggest or state that action can or will be
      taken when legally it cannot be taken

CONC 7.11.7

01/04/2014

FCA

Examples of where a firm is likely to contravene CONC 7.11.6 R include where a firm or a person acting on its behalf:
      (1) states or implies that
      bankruptcy or sequestration proceedings may be initiated when the balance of the
      outstanding debt is too low to qualify for such proceedings;
      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Re: b w legal , stat demands in scotland, and the fca - complaint

It really is time when this shower of shysters were hit where it hurts. A kick in the wallets.

I know Cel has punished them but its a mere drop in the ocean. They are parasites breeding on peoples misfortunes.

Comment

Re: b w legal , stat demands in scotland, and the fca - complaint

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          With a number of recent statutory demands being served by b w legal (or walker love on their behalf) for Lowell, and their ignorance over the returned denial slips continuing to threaten sequestration petitions, I wonder whether a complaint should be made to the FCA.

I'm sure we only see a tiny proportion of cases on here, and others may not realise that the letter following return of the denial slip is simply b*ll*cks. Once the denial has been returned then they cannot proceed with a petition for sequestration , although they can take court action.

To me it seems they are hoping people will be scared by the threat of bankruptcy and just pay up, not realising they simply don't have the right.

If the four/five cases on here all wrote complaints to the fca it might have some effect? We could draft a complaint using the new consumer credit sourcebook rules ?

I would be happy to send in a complaint once mine has been dealt with!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X