• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Defaulted card disappears!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defaulted card disappears!

Hello folks,

I defaulted my halifax card in april 2009. I have been paying little by little directly to halifax. I have not paid in the last 2 months.

I checked my credit file last night and was suprised the whole halifax credit card record is no more there.

What could have happened?

Cheers
    Tags: None

Re: Defaulted card disappears!

Anyone please?

Comment

If it were April 2008 I'd say it had just dropped off your credit file, but as your at five years since default not six then I don't know. Usually if a debt is sold on, which it may have been if you have broken your payment arrangement, it stays on the file.... have you heard anything from Halifax since you stopped making payments? Have you got any new reports from another company for similar amount as was owing?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I'm intrigued.
        My wife defaulted on her Halifax credit card in 2009 and the account was passed to Robinson Way, then on to Capquest(?). I have been repaying £35 p/m since then (interest frozen).

Last week I told my wife to call Halifax and request a settlement figure as I was going to pay the debt off. However, no one can find the account. Halifax said they cannot access the account and Robinson Way and CapQuest say they cannot find the account at all...

The debt is listed on my wife's credit report. I have cancelled payment in the hope of receiving a letter from whoever is handling the account and then I can pay them off. I was wondering....do debts just disappear or fall through the virtual cracks?

Comment

Originally posted by andylaw View Post
          I'm intrigued.
          My wife defaulted on her Halifax credit card in 2009 and the account was passed to Robinson Way, then on to Capquest(?). I have been repaying £35 p/m since then (interest frozen).

Last week I told my wife to call Halifax and request a settlement figure as I was going to pay the debt off. However, no one can find the account. Halifax said they cannot access the account and Robinson Way and CapQuest say they cannot find the account at all...

The debt is listed on my wife's credit report. I have cancelled payment in the hope of receiving a letter from whoever is handling the account and then I can pay them off. I was wondering....do debts just disappear or fall through the virtual cracks?
          More likely to have been sold on again! Who shows as the owner of the debt on the credit file?
          RW and Capquest: Were they " acting on behalf of Halifax only to " manage/collect the debt?
          If already sold to RW or Capquest Halifax has no further interest in the account.

Comment

That was my thinking too, Nemesis. (Sold/passed on again).
            Halifax is listed on the credit file - i'm not entirely sure whether the debt was sold or being handled by RW & Capquest.
            Halifax stated they could see the account but could not access the details.

I think its a case of sitting tight and waiting for the letter that is bound to arrive now that I have stopped paying the debt.

A lot of trouble to repay a debt in full....you almost get the feeling they don't want their money :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Scotland?

Comment

That was my thinking too, Nemesis. (Sold/passed on again).
                Halifax is listed on the credit file - i'm not entirely sure whether the debt was sold or being handled by RW & Capquest.
                Halifax stated they could see the account but could not access the details.

I think its a case of sitting tight and waiting for the letter that is bound to arrive now that I have stopped paying the debt.

A lot of trouble to repay a debt in full....you almost get the feeling they don't want their money :tinysmile_grin_t:
                Halifax does certainly seem to have that attitude I agree.
                Out of interest which credit reference agency are you checking? If it's Noddle it may well not be up to date.

Comment

Do very occasionally disappear due to a 'glitch', but as said the far more likely explanation is it being sold on.

Comment

Nemesis, we use experian and noddle. Noddle is out of date, payments wise (although the balance is right), but both have Halifax as the company listed.

Nibbler, that's my thinking....i'm fairly sure its been sold and we've not been notified. They'll no doubt reveal themselves once they stop receiving payments :tinysmile_grin_t:

Comment

Nemesis, we use experian and noddle. Noddle is out of date, payments wise (although the balance is right), but both have Halifax as the company listed.

Nibbler, that's my thinking....i'm fairly sure its been sold and we've not been notified. They'll no doubt reveal themselves once they stop receiving payments :tinysmile_grin_t:
                      Looks more and more like a sale IMO.

Comment

Hello,

I just got a notice of assignment last week

Comment

Originally posted by Angelica View Post
                          Hello,

I just got a notice of assignment last week
                          Hello Angelica,

Which company has acquired the debt.

nem

Comment

Original debt : Halifax

Bought by Arrow Global ltd

Capquest Debt recovery is now handling it.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Angelica View Post
                              Original debt : Halifax

Bought by Arrow Global ltd

Capquest Debt recovery is now handling it.

Cheers
                              Ok get a CCA request off to Crapquest for a copy of the Halifax credit card agreement, template in the green box at the top of the " court claim" forum.

There's a £1 statutory fee to pay use a postal order marked " for statutory fee only" and use signed for post so you can check delivery date and signature.
                              Is there any threat of legal action yet.

nem

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X