• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

debt collector charges

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• debt collector charges

Hi there,

I was issued a statutory demand which I paid in full.

The debt collection company has now sent me a letter asking for an additional £2998 in costs and are still threatening insolvency. Is this lawfull?

The original statutory demand related to a loan from a friend in 2007. there was no signed credit agreement and the debt collection company are acting on behalf.

I have spent the day ringing round and no-one seems able to advise me on this matter.

All help gratefully received.

Chrissie K
    Tags: None

Re: debt collector charges

When did you pay the stat demand and did you pay the full amount given on it? How much was it for, and did you pay direct to the debt collection company?

Would you be able to post a copy of the letter you have received.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      When did you pay the stat demand and did you pay the full amount given on it? How much was it for, and did you pay direct to the debt collection company?

Would you be able to post a copy of the letter you have received.

Hi Amethyst,

I was issued the stat demand yesterday (22/4/14) it was for £8900 and I paid them a cheque for £8300. they asked for the cheque to be paid to the original debtor ( it was a personal/informal loan from a business associate and there was no credit agreement) so they are only acting on behalf of someone, they have not bought the debt.

Comment

Need to know who applied the charges and what they are for exactly?

Comment

The debt recovery company sent a letter asking for £2999 after the statutory demand had been paid. They said it was to cover their clients costs.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X