• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Chased for a debt I don't owe, despite winning County court claim.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chased for a debt I don't owe, despite winning County court claim.

Hi everyone

I bought a computer from Freemans Catalogue, Item was faulty and returned. I still have the couriers collection receipt. Freemans chased me to pay.

I won a county court claim I think I 2010 against them. After producing the documentation and also bringing out the old contract which was neither signed by me nor them.

They are still chasing me for the debt and now its gone from £700 to £2000. What can i do, as I believe now they are harassing me.
    Tags: None

Re: Chased for a debt I don't owe, despite winning County court claim.

You bought goods from Freemans. These were defective and were returned. You have the Collection Note.
    Freemans wanted payment, even though the goods were returned (they were presumably on some form of credit).

What was the County Court claim? Do you still have all the paperwork from that?

Who exactly is harassing you? And how?

Comment

I am being chased by EOS on behalf of Atlantik

The courier collected and left collection notes. Freemans most likely didnt update the systems as returned. They wanted purchase price plus interest.

I still have the county court claim forms plus collection receipt from courier stating date and time of collection. No CCj was registered against me.

I even have a credit contract unsigned by myself and them. i believe this was unenforceable anyway.

The account with freemans was opened in 2003; after filling in a slip in a magazine.

Thank you for enquiring.

Comment

So the County Court claim was issued by Freemans, against you, for the computer? They lost - what did the court say, and do you still have all the paperwork?

How are they contacting you (mail, telephone, doorstep)? What are they saying and doing?

Comment

I actually never heard back from the court. So i have no paperwork on what basis it failed. I am presuming because no CCJ was registered on my credit history that i won. I have not heard anything from Freemans or their agent since the county court claim, till now.

All i have is a photocopy of the initial CC claim.

Comment

You never attended the hearing?

Comment

There was no hearing. All done in the post.

Comment

Write to EOS to tell them their claim is unfounded, that no debt exists, and enclose a photocopy of the collection note.

Bit concerning that there was no closure on the county court claim - possibly, if you still have the paperwork, you could telephone the court and give them the case number so they can check the status of the claim and whether it ever went to a judgment.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Freemans likely sold the non debt on

Comment

I would be checking my Credit File to see if there is anything untoward on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      Bit concerning that there was no closure on the county court claim - possibly, if you still have the paperwork, you could telephone the court and give them the case number so they can check the status of the claim and whether it ever went to a judgement.
                      There is no CCJ registered, this is going back 4-5 years now. but i do notice they did register a EOS did register a default a a couple of years later. What should i do?

Thank you

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X