• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Re: minicredit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: minicredit

hi
    got a simular problem
    i have been with a debt management company making regular repayments every month through the debt management company for over 18 months now
    we took a loan out at the start with mini credit for £300.00
    but days after i had a heart attack which while in hospital the found out i needed major heart surgury there and then
    so with all that was happening with me we got behind and asked them to if we could make repayments and get the intrest frozen , they agreed all seemed ok till we put all our debts to the debt management company , then mini credit passed the outstanding balance to opos wich at that time was now £760.95 that was on 06/12/2013
    remmember we have been paying a minimum of £20.00 per month since that date
    so yesterdays email we recived on bank holiday sunday telling us the outstanding balance was overdue and now standing at £2,245.47 somebody was still adding intrest [ mini credit or opos ]
    so it means for every £20.00 we repay each month they are adding a further £50.00 in intrest so i am never going to be debt free
    any help welcomed [ how to get this to court to get a judge to order on it ]
    or how to get this debt back to what the debt balace was before they kept adding this intrest
    cheers
    Tags: None

Hi and welcome to Legal Beagles.
    Did you get anything in writing about the interest being frozen from Minicredit and did the DMP say the interest was frozen?
    Have you statements from the DMP?
    This would show how the balance got to £760.95

Then there is the question as to how the Balance of £76o.95 got to a staggering £2,245.47 in 4 months.

Are you paying a fee to the DMP?

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
      Hi and welcome to Legal Beagles.
      Did you get anything in writing about the interest being frozen from Minicredit and did the DMP say the interest was frozen?
      Have you statements from the DMP?
      This would show how the balance got to £760.95

Then there is the question as to how the Balance of £76o.95 got to a staggering £2,245.47 in 4 months.

Are you paying a fee to the DMP?
      hi again
      thanks for your quick responce
      regarding statement i get them when they decide to send them
      the last statement shows the balance at £760.95 that was dec 2013
      and yes i pay them around £30.00 per month
      i have just had a reply email back from opos [ mini credit ]
      they say that the outstanding balance that they took over from mini credit was £2,245.47
      so i emailed back to ask why i have a letter dated dec 2013 stateing my outstanding balance is £760.95
      up to now they have not returned my email
      cheers

Comment

There are free DMPs http://www.stepchange.org/

http://www.payplan.com/

https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/

The £30 a month you are paying them could be paying off your debts.
        Last edited by enaid; 21st April 2014, 15:03:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
          There are free DMPs http://www.stepchange.org/

http://www.payplan.com/

https://nedcab.cabmoney.org.uk/

The £30 a month you are paying them could be paying off your debts.
          yes i know that
          i was with another d.m. before that was free but they did a runner with all there clients money
          and the court put this debt management company in charge

Comment

Do you know how much in total you have repaid since taking the £300 loan out originally?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Which company did a runner? There have been a few lately. And by the court passing it over, do you mean that the winding up/adminitrators of the old company passed the case files to another DMP provider?

(For example, when Apex Credit Management went AWOL their client s got sent to Cleardebt)

You can choose where to go. You don't have to accept where they sent you if it is a similar case to that.

Regard the interest and charges etc that have been added, it may be worth complaining to the FOS.

Some people have managed to get dramatic amounts wiped off doing that, if the company has not showed the appropriate forbearance in suspending interest and charges.

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
                Which company did a runner? There have been a few lately. And by the court passing it over, do you mean that the winding up/adminitrators of the old company passed the case files to another DMP provider?

(For example, when Apex Credit Management went AWOL their client s got sent to Cleardebt)

You can choose where to go. You don't have to accept where they sent you if it is a similar case to that.

Regard the interest and charges etc that have been added, it may be worth complaining to the FOS.

Some people have managed to get dramatic amounts wiped off doing that, if the company has not showed the appropriate forbearance in suspending interest and charges.
                im not sure of the name of the dm company that did the runner i would have to go back into my old bank account files
                to find the name
                all i know is we got a letter from nottingham courts intrducing that clark richards were tajing over all the accounts that the old company held
                there charges are a little cheaper than the old firm
                i have contacted fos to ask about intrest charges and how it can get to so much in 4 months
                so i can see i will be very busy over the next two or three days on the phone [ ha ha ]
                let you know the outcome of the next couple of days

Comment

hi
                  i have been busy going through my bank account online history
                  and found the name of the debt management company that did the runner with all the customers money
                  they were called
                  debt help direct ltd [ DEBT HELP WHAT A JOKE ]

Comment

Think that will be these then

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....-firms-4685887

Comment

So basically, minicredit had frozen interest and charges and were allowing you to make repayments, THEN you joined a dmp with these conmen, and they didn't make the payments, so minicredit started up interest and charges again and sent the debt to opos. Was any recompense given to customers of those dmc's for the balls up they made of people debts and credit ratings?

Are the new dmp company any good? Doesn't sound like it if the debts shot up to 2.5k.

I'd, personally, stop paying and tell them to take you to court. But anyway ... A good letter detailing what happened and asking formally for a full breakdown of the debt with a SAR to minicredit and opos is in order I think.
                      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Bit off topic, but would you still have a copy of the letter ..... ''all i know is we got a letter from nottingham courts intrducing that clark richards were tajing over all the accounts that the old company held'' ?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

http://www.clarkrichards.co.uk/debt-management/

banned form cag for touting

You would make one single monthly/weekly/fortnightly payment to ourselves and we would then distribute the amounts agreed direct to your creditors. We would send you a monthly statement by post or email outlining exactly what we were paying each of your creditors, so that you can keep a track of what you still owe.

http://www.insolvencydirect.bis.gov.uk/piudb/viewpiucasedetails.asp?companyname=Debt%20Help%20D irect%20Limited

The Official Receiver understands that work conducted by Cheshire Police before his appointment resulted in a
                          number of customers being transferred to an unconnected company called Clark Richards Ltd, who have continued to provide services.

Can find nothing about any compensation or really any advice other than to carry on with a new DMP, disgusting as it may have put lots of people further in debt due to interest and charges mounting up.
                          Last edited by enaid; 22nd April 2014, 07:28:AM.

Comment

I think you should get any info you have copied and write to FOS explaing about your DMP (Debt Help) didn't make payments. Then the new DMP didn't honour any arrangement made about stopping charges and interest so the debt went to £760.95 by the end Dec 2013.
                            The debt was passed to Opus (which is part of Minicredit) and as of yesterday the debt has escalated to £2245.27.
                            http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/faq/complain.html

Email Minicredit and tell them of your complaint
                            https://www.minicredit.co.uk/comp_procedure

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X