• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.
  • If you need direct help with your employment issue you can contact us at admin@legalbeaglesgroup.com for further assistance. This will give you access to “off-forum” support on a one-to- one basis from an experienced employment law expert for which we would welcome that you make a donation to help towards their time spent assisting on your matter. You can do this by clicking on the donate button in the box below.

Made Redundent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Made Redundent

I have been working for a shop selling clothes, for the past 8yrs
    I worked with one other who started 1 yrs ago, a manager and an assistant manager, we work on shifts having 2 days off a week where cover is divided between us. For along time i worked on Mondays alone but recently that changed due to increased customer demand.
    We have been hitting bonus for the past 3 months.
    So, they made me redundent with 3 months pay stateing that my job was no longer available due to internal changes being made.
    2 weeks later I find out that they employed a part timer and is now fully employed to do exactly what i have been doing for the past 8 yrs.
    This next bit is hearsay, I also heared 1 day after leaving that the manager who is in a relationship with the owner and the assistant managers son (18) had said to the owner that no one likes me, what,,, my friend in IT was not happy about that nor was my counterpart in clothing so I feel this is personal discrimination by my manager and her son (assistant manager)
    The offer of 3 months pay is a good offer and i accepted it prior to finding out about the new person being employed to do my job, but i feel I have been pushed out due to personal reasons.
    Where do i go with this now?
    Richard
    Tags: None

Re: Made Redundent

I agree that the way you have been forced into redundancy seems wrong, but if you were to pursue this further what would you be looking to gain/achieve?

Do you have an outcome in mind that would satisfy you?
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Originally posted by Tools View Post
      I agree that the way you have been forced into redundancy seems wrong, but if you were to pursue this further what would you be looking to gain/achieve?

Do you have an outcome in mind that would satisfy you?
      Thank you for your reply

Its more than a monitry value now, its not allowing them to get away with treating me like this, and also to make them know that I know they are wrong and cant do this to others in the future. Its about protecting ones future, feeling satisfied that I can go on knowing Im not hated in my place of work, and that I did do a good job There.
      They can not walk over people this way, Yes I would like to see them punished, they hurt me, made me feel usless and low, I need to hold my head up, get satisfied in closure, and feel good that I am a nice person.

Comment

Employment law is brutal, cold and calculating. Unfortunately it does not care much about your feelings. It is all about evidence. You appear to have been unlawfully made redundant wrongly but can you prove it? If you can prove it and you can afford the fees then take them to an ET on this basis but as difficult as it is, try not to make it a personal vendetta because you will not be able to think clearly. Focus on the provable facts and evidence of your case. if you have no provable facts or evidence then you have no case and you need to try and move on.
        Nothing I say should be taken as qualified expert advice. I am not an expert in anything.

If you decide to act on anything I have posted you agree not to hold me liable in any way.

If you are unsure then you need to take proper advice from someone who is an expert.

Comment

If you took the employer to tribunal, even if you won you might not get more than the 3 months' pay, so it might not be worth it, unless there are reasons why it would be hard for you to get another job in 3 months.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
          See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
          X