• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiff Letter

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiff Letter

Hi folks,

Firstly I have done research myself as much as I can currently. I have took in so much off this forum, I just have a final question if that's OK. Basically we lived in a flat for 8 months we were both students at the time and fallen under Liverpool Council, after we moved to another flat it was part of Cheshire and that is who we began to pay. Yesterday I got a further enforcement letter yet I haven't had any previously and they have obviously been going to the old address! They say I owe £860 Liability Order Dated 13/06/2013. We moved out of the flat June 2011 and the information I have at the moment is a tenancy agreement of the flat we moved to showing dates it commenced which coincides with when we left the other flat, bank statements to show rent payments including a flat deposit going back in at the end, girlfriends council tax exemption, and mine is on the way. I also requested a summary of council tax paid whilst I was at the flat I moved to afterwards. Would the bank statements and tenancy be enough in the meantime to prove when I moved out?

I have no idea when this letter goes to the next stage and people start coming round, and I understand council tax arrears is classed as distress or something so have different rights to the bailiff? I just want to hold the case before this goes out of hand anymore and I get whacked with a £230 visit charge.

Any help would be appreciated, thank you very much.
    Last edited by Jack91; 17th April 2014, 22:15:PM. Reason: Typo
    Tags: None

Re: Bailiff Letter

Best thing to do is get your previous landlord to confirm in writing the date that you left the flat for which you are deemed to be responsible for Council Tax.

Do get in touch with the enforcement agency that sent you the letter and the Council issuing the warrant, in writing sent first class recorded delivery, and explain to them about your Council Tax exemption and the date that you moved out from the other flat.

The more documentation you have to prove that you did not live there and you were not liable for CT the better.
    The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

Re: Bailiff Letter

Cheers Vere just done that this morning just need to wait now whilst they sort it out, fingers crossed thank you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X