• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advice with bristow and sutor bailiffs for council tax

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice with bristow and sutor bailiffs for council tax

I have council tax arrears a lot of them roughly £4000, on what i believe is 4 liability orders, bristow and sutor have been trying to collect on one account for some time and in november they eventually allowed me to pay £50pm for 3 months only and after january would not except this but i could not afford to pay any more.

on saturday the 12th april i received a letter via RM stating they are collecting on all 4 of the accounts now and gave me options of paying in full or 10 weekly payments of £404 (which i can't afford) and first payment to to arrive by 17th april, they also included 2 notice of enforcements giving me till 21st april 5pm to come to an arrangement

i wrote back to them telling them i can't afford the payments and i have left the family home due to personal reason ( I'm suffering depression and was effecting my children so my x partner who owns the house has moved back and now lives with the children and i have moved back to my moms, i have not told them all the details) my x partner has offered to pay them £250pm for me till i get myself sorted,they have not wrote back but I'm guessing they will say no

well last night my x contacted me to say that a bailiff had visited and pushed a notification of enforcement agent visit thru the door adding another £235 to the debt, shud they have visited me when there letter stated pay by the 17th and it was only the 16th? also the letter says contact us if you don't accept the arrangement or complete question i wrote to them as no questionnaire was attached.

can some one advise what i should do i don't want them visiting me at my mothers address but I'm frightened they will keep visiting my x partners home and take his or my daughter cars, i want to get better and get of the mess but i feel I'm fighting a battle i will never resolve as they don't want to help and keep adding £235 a time will just keep increasing the debt

thanks
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X