• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please Help- Final Charging order- what can I do

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help- Final Charging order- what can I do

I'll start at the beginning. A few years we went through a bad patch with my husband been made redundant twice in 18 months. He ended up been unable to pay a credit card debt and a charging order was placed on our home. We have since split up and I am in the marital home with our 2 children aged 13 and 14. I have been getting letters from the creditor- ME111 ltd? telling me they would be taking me to court for this debt. My ex was getting the same letters to my house and when he came to visit the kids I gave him his post but it would appear he's not read the post or chosen to ignore it. Anyway, I contacted them a few weeks ago following a letter they sent advising me of a court date and I replied stating I would not be attending as the debt wasn't mine. Today I have got home to a final charging order stating the debt of £6,600 needs paying along with their costs of £3100 totaling £9700 in the next 28 days otherwise my house would be put up for sale and I would have to hand it over. This has completely shook me and I have no idea where to turn or what to do. Can they do this to me when this isn't my debt? All advice on what to do next greatfully received please
    Tags: None

Re: Please Help- Fianl Charging order- what can I do

please need some replies asap

Comment

anybody help me please?

Comment

Is the debt in your husbands name only or where you on the CC jointly?

Comment

The credit card was in his name only. But then somehow I'm involved because of this charging order and im named as second defendant on the papers I received yesterday

Comment

Is the property in joint names?

Comment

yes it is

Comment

Hiya,

Have you spoken with your ex husband about this since receiving the letters about the charging order?

Was the credit card in joint names?

Can you post up a copy of the judgment order and charging order letter you have received please.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I have spoken with my ex and he is more than happy to let them sell my home. That's what he's been wanting since we split up. I never kept any previous correspondence- I've just got this letter from the court yesterday about me having to sell. How do I post it on here? I have no access to a scanner x

Comment

charming.

You can take a pic with a phone and upload it (email to me if you can't edit off your personal details - admin@legalbeagles.info ) or just type out the main bits.

Do you have the judgment order ? If not, do you recalled was that a default judgment, payable forthwith - presumably if he hadn't responded to any court paperwork it would be.

I've never heard of ME111 - who was the credit card held with ?

Have you been through a divorce and have any financial orders in place or formal arrangements regarding the family home ?

Also have you had letters directly from the land registry regarding the charge ?
                    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I will send you pics by email.

I have kept nothing relating to this debt- other than the court form received yesterday. Because it wasn't my debt I stupidly didn't look into any of this and ignored it- telling him to sort it!! We are not divorced and no financial orders etc are on the family home. I vaguely remember getting something from land registry a couple of years ago

Comment

When abouts was the original judgment made ?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

November 2010

Comment

Ame has had to go out for a while so don't worry you are not being ignored, get the info she's asked for to her asap.
                            Just easier if we have as much info as possible and dates if possible too, then we can get a full picture.

Comment

I have sent the letter by email. I am just so scared and I really don't know what to do

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X