• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Hit and run thank you Asda!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hit and run thank you Asda!

I would remind ASDA and their insurers that the Civil Procedures Rules 1998 apply and that if they continue to be obstructive and unco-operative, this will not help their case. Certainly, at this early stage, ASDA and their insurers are non-complaint with CPR.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Have to wonder if it was an Asda van why they are being so obstructive

Comment

Bluebottle thank you very much for that I'll look up the CPR.

Wales01man The way they are being so obstructive is the most annoying part, especially when I was worried that the guy driving might be sacked and expressly asked that he wasn't. That's the bit that really needles me, times are too tough for people to lose jobs and I thought I was doing the right thing. However, it seems doing the right thing is not on Asda's adgenda

Comment

Im struggling to understand why the Asda vehicle has not been inspected by the Police? Surely it would carry clear evidence of impact if it ripped your bumper off? No doubt there would be paint scrapes etc and this would categorically prove whether their vehicle inflicted the damage?
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
            Im struggling to understand why the Asda vehicle has not been inspected by the Police? Surely it would carry clear evidence of impact if it ripped your bumper off? No doubt there would be paint scrapes etc and this would categorically prove whether their vehicle inflicted the damage?
            It's too much work for them, Cel. It's easier - and more profitable - for them to dish out FPNs like confetti. There has recently been criticism of police forces chasing targets as it has shown that statistics are being manipulated, crimes are not being investigated or victims are being fobbed off with a crime reference number or, as the OP has found, you are told to sort it out yourself.

What is more worrying, not just amongst retired officers, like myself, but also serving officers, is that frontline officers are being set arrest targets that are resulting in arrests that are clearly unlawful or where it has been shown that officers have caused or engineered situations to justify an arrest.

Whoever it was who came up with the misguided idea to bring in target-driven policing needs tying to the back of a police launch and dragging up and down The Hamoaze (part of the River Tamar) a few times at full throttle.

Jadesdaddy,

If the police continue to be unhelpful, I would escalate the matter to their Professional Standards Department. Failing them addressing why they have not followed up your report, the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) should be approached. This may sound OTT, but it's not. The question that has to be asked is, "If they are ignoring a Fail to Stop Road Traffic Collision, what else are they ignoring?" Think about it.
            Last edited by bluebottle; 16th April 2014, 18:47:PM. Reason: Too many tabs open at the same time!

Comment

Again Bluebottle thank you very much you are being very very helpful in all of this. Would you suggest that I return to my local police station and state that if they will not investigate this matter that I will escalate the complaint to the IPCC?

Just to add insult to injury the Asda transport manager that I was in contact with seems to have blocked my number from his phone so that I can no longer contact him!

Celestine you are quite right about the paint as there are definite traces of both green and white paint on my car!

Comment

Did you speak to a civilian when you reported the matter to the police? Some of them can be very good, but others can be obstructive, rude and offish. I would ask to speak to a warranted/sworn police officer if you go into a police station.

Most police forces have a Collisions Unit which deals with such incidents. Give them a call and find out if the ASDA driver reported the incident within 24 hours of it occurring, as required by law. You have complied with your obligations under the Road Traffic Act by reporting the incident within 24 hours of it occurring.

Check with the Collisions Unit, find out if the driver did, in fact, report the incident, and then go over the head of the Transport Manager to the CEO of ASDA. Sometimes, you have to go to the top to get things done.

Comment

*UPDATE*

probably still a long way from getting any kind of satisfaction, but it seems that my constant harassment of Asda is now beginning to get us a little closer to the truth of what has been going on, which it seems is absolutely nothing!

Firstly i was wrong to say that their transport manager had blocked my calls, it was actually my phone not working properly. However, since I contacted him yesterday their insurance company have left me a voice mail today. They seem to have a renewed attitude towards me. Where as before they were extremely unhelpful, they have now informed me that the van that was in the area when my car was hit has been located,, the van will be inspected today and the driver will be interviewed. They said that the worst case scenario is that the driver will deny hitting my car, and that if this is the case they will then contact the guy that heard the collision and take a statement from him. I have also been asked not to contact Asda directly about the incident but only themselves. It's not much but it's a start.

I do wonder if Asda are now starting to worry about adverse publicity. I was a liittle naughty last night and tweeted them an image of their logo with some text I had added underneath that advertised their new hit and run service!

Comment

Originally posted by jadesdaddy View Post
                    I do wonder if Asda are now starting to worry about adverse publicity. I was a liittle naughty last night and tweeted them an image of their logo with some text I had added underneath that advertised their new hit and run service!
                    msl:

Comment

Not naughty at all....they hate bad publicity. We've tweeted it too
                      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I got the notification of the re-tweet LOL and thank you all so very much for that, made sure that I'm following you too.

As I mentioned earlier Asda do not want me to contact any of their staff, and their insurance company seem to have done a 180 degree turn. When I spoke to them on Monday they were really quite dismissive of me, but in the voice mail they left today their tone has changed, suddenly the van has been located and the driver was to be interviewed. It has occurred to me that this procedure should have been started on Monday, not almost a week after the incident. I'll keep you guys updated as things happen.

Thanks for everything so far, it really helps just having someone support you.

Comment

Originally posted by Celestine View Post
                          Not naughty at all....they hate bad publicity. We've tweeted it too
                          No harm in rubbing it in, is there? :grin:

But you are right, Cel. Big firms, like ASDA, hate their - allegedly - squeaky-clean image being tarnished by adverse publicity. Just think of what might have happened if you hadn't campaigned as hard as you did over the Libel Reform Bill. The resulting protections people now have against bullying by large corporations and libel tourism is down to a lot of hard work on your part and something of which you should feel rightly proud.

Comment

Woke up to what I considered to be a strange text message this morning. As i pointed out yesterday Asda don't want me to contact their staff (presume they mean their transport manager as he is the only one I've contacted)

It was a text message from their transport manager which reads: "Morning Kenny as you are aware I am unable to help you process the claim, however if your having problems call this number"

The number is for Asda customer services. Not quite sure what that means.

Comment

Damage limitation? Going through customer services will probably get you something in the way of a Voucher or similar to try and buy your silence knowing that the Insurers are looking into this they will expect it to be sorted and are probably feeling guilty for not doing whats right in the first place.

Comment

Kenny, if you don't mind me saying, I'd take the swear word off your mock up ASDA advert (its why I didn't retweet it)
                                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X