• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

LLoyds PPI from Jan 2003

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLoyds PPI from Jan 2003

Hi All,

I have received a old loan statement from Lloyds Bank which shows a one off PPI payment of £1174.85 on a £5000 loan.

Is there a chance that I could reclaim the amount + interest even after 10 years+

Thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: LLoyds PPI from Jan 2003

yes if you think it was mis-sold. have a read around and download the FOS ppi questionnaire.

I am about to do a reclaim on at least 2 old Llyods loans from 2002 - just waiting for SAR to come back - one definitely has ppi, fairly sure one other has.

go for it - you have nothing to lose. Lloyds have been sending out reclaim packs to customrers over last 18 months - I have 3 forms but am building my own case - would not rely on them.
    Last edited by pressandgo; 13th April 2014, 10:45:AM. Reason: add

Comment

Well done, Pressandgo, do not rely on them and build your own case. Good luck.
      DJM, if it was mis-sold, you should definitely go after them and reclaim.
      if you were not told that it was optional or in your circumstances it was not suitable, you have a case.
      Anyway, as Pressandgo said, you have nothing to lose.
      all the best.
      V

Comment

Hi DJM, Pressandgo

good luck with building your cases. Not that I believe reclaiming PPI is ever easy but it appears to be less difficult with loans rather than credit cards because of the reason below:

" If you were sold a 'single premium' policy - where the whole cost of the loan is paid for up front with money that is also borrowed at the same interest rate as the loan - you should at least be able to get a refund by cancelling the PPI. If you cancelled or repaid the loan early, but were unable to cancel the PPI, then you can claim for a refund."

I have taken this from the internet, simply because it is worded better than I could......however this advice has come from the regulators. So just change a few words, add to your mis sale reasons, hopefully this will help you with your cases.

best regards

:beagle:

Comment

Yes definately!
          Some of mine were from the mid 90's and still succeeded (Lloyds) x :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Yes, Di, L'pool, you are right 100%. Reclaiming PPI with loans usually goes much easier than with credit cards.
            Xxx

Comment

just looked at the loan statement and the PPI amount was the same for £5k loan so you can work out how much of each months repayment was for PPI - 19.35% can then work out refund amount. Llyods have been done for mis-selling so should have strong case - but please state you would not have bought PPI or they will reduce the redress.

Comment

Hi All,

Thank you for the information. I was unsure whether there was a time limit to reclaiming PPI.

I will start to put together the complaint letter to Lloyds and see where we get with them.

Comment

Good for you, DJM!
                  best of luck!
                  we shall wait for your good news.
                  V

Comment

When putting the letter together would I have to calculate the total amount including interest over three years? Can I add anything else to the amount i.e. interest I would have earned on the figure had the monies not been paid out?

My calculator has a basic program for calculating loan amounts.

£1174.85 x 14.01% x 36months = £1428.84 total

Is this what I can try and claim?

Comment

No - need to use one of the spreadsheets that calculate the interest from the payment date - usually 8%. You input the amount paid montly and the date paid and it works out the interest due to the claim date. Think one is on this site.

Comment

Hi there

You can write a letter or even complete the ppi complaint form as shown on lloyds website below, there are also details of the address etc, always keep copies in case you need to refer to it again and post by signed for recorded delivery if your able to.

No need to let them know the amounts to reclaim, as they will work this out and send you a calculated breakdown, good luck x

http://www.lloydsbank.com/payment-pr...complaints.asp

However, there is no harm in doing your own calcs in order to know what to expect back, and this should be every monthly ppi premium you have paid to settlement or cancellation, plus the relevant interest on top.

Comment

Forms completed and will send off tomorrow

Cheers for all your help

Comment

Good luck! x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X