• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

OPUS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPUS

Hi...

Advice from you experts please???:tongue2:
    Just received a demand from 1st legal today for £5100 pounds. It's a looooong story. Started in Feb 2012 when I noticed a credit card statement I was paying off albeit slowly from OPUS was not dropping as fast as I thought it would... Now, turns out OPUS (who had purchased this off Citicards) had continued the family tradition of sneaking in the old PPI (now renamed CRP). Now I fought a long, bitter battle against OPUS, in the end refused to pay them any more until they paid back what was owed. OPUS led me a merry old dance, in the end I carried out a SAR to recover this PPI application they claimed I had 'filled in', however this like apparently the actual original Signed Executed Agreement had 'vanished' Now OPUS obligingly gave me a OPUS version of an agreement, and apparently said..
    As they had produced this in accordance with Consumer Credit (cancellation notice and copies of documents) regulations 1983 3(2)(b)(ii) they had complied with any Section 78 request and the original Signed Executed Agreement was not needed??? ..
    Anyway, OPUS with the boot of the FOS behind them last september suddenly decided to Uphold my PPI, CRP or whatever you now called it and offered £4300 odd. I wrote back accepted the calculations of the offer but pointed out I had endured many months of hell and fob off over this and basically asked them to stump up my costs over this.... No reply, until today when they decided to hand this over to 1st credit... Actually they handed over the whole £5100 to 1st credit, so anyway, question, am I not entitled to a copy of the original agreement from Citi, or can OPUS use the above legal section to actually get around that???

Thanks
    Tags: None

Re: OPUS

Originally posted by Mineral1 View Post
    Hi...

Advice from you experts please???:tongue2:
    Just received a demand from 1st legal today for £5100 pounds. It's a looooong story. Started in Feb 2012 when I noticed a credit card statement I was paying off albeit slowly from OPUS was not dropping as fast as I thought it would... Now, turns out OPUS (who had purchased this off Citicards) had continued the family tradition of sneaking in the old PPI (now renamed CRP). Now I fought a long, bitter battle against OPUS, in the end refused to pay them any more until they paid back what was owed. OPUS led me a merry old dance, in the end I carried out a SAR to recover this PPI application they claimed I had 'filled in', however this like apparently the actual original Signed Executed Agreement had 'vanished' Now OPUS obligingly gave me a OPUS version of an agreement, and apparently said..
    As they had produced this in accordance with Consumer Credit (cancellation notice and copies of documents) regulations 1983 3(2)(b)(ii) they had complied with any Section 78 request and the original Signed Executed Agreement was not needed??? ..
    Anyway, OPUS with the boot of the FOS behind them last september suddenly decided to Uphold my PPI, CRP or whatever you now called it and offered £4300 odd. I wrote back accepted the calculations of the offer but pointed out I had endured many months of hell and fob off over this and basically asked them to stump up my costs over this.... No reply, until today when they decided to hand this over to 1st credit... Actually they handed over the whole £5100 to 1st credit
    Normally when an account is in default, any redress will be applied to the debt, reducing the outstanding balance rather than sending you a cheque. However, when the debts are assigned in absolute, this may not always be the case. If the redress was never applied to the debt and the debt has been sold to 1st Crud, you could well be due a refund from Opus/Citi. :bounce:
    , so anyway, question, am I not entitled to a copy of the original agreement from Citi, or can OPUS use the above legal section to actually get around that???
    As long as there's an outstanding balance and no judgment has been obtained, you are entitled to a copy of the original. Would you care to post up what you have received as the alleged agreement from Opus, after removing your personal details. :typing:

Comment

As long as there's an outstanding balance and no judgment has been obtained, you are entitled to a copy of the original. Would you care to post up what you have received as the alleged agreement from Opus, after removing your personal details.

How do you actually post up copies of letters??? Am I missing something on this reply section?

Comment

Not terribly sure how to actually post up copies of original letters, anyway... This OPUS debt relates to a Citicard which I applied for in March 2005. When I made a DSAR to try and obtain the alleged PPI application that OPUS had claimed I had made at time of applying for my Citicard I asked for the CCA using a section 78 request. Having reread the response OPUS simply sent their 'agreement' minus any signature and made no reference to the original CCA...

Comment

How do you actually post up copies of letters??? Am I missing something on this reply section?
          Not terribly sure how to actually post up copies of original letters, anyway...
          Got your PM :typing:

Apologies for having missed this and not replying earlier. You may want to look at this thread with regards to posting up documents: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...tails-safe!%29

In particular, this post refers to attaching documents to your reply: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...121#post388121 :nerd:

Comment

Not terribly sure how to actually post up copies of original letters, anyway... This OPUS debt relates to a Citicard which I applied for in March 2005. When I made a DSAR to try and obtain the alleged PPI application that OPUS had claimed I had made at time of applying for my Citicard I asked for the CCA using a section 78 request. Having reread the response OPUS simply sent their 'agreement' minus any signature and made no reference to the original CCA...
            Are you saying the alleged agreement was headed by Opus as opposed to Citi? :confused2: That's why it would be good if you could post it up, to see what they've sent you. :typing:

If it was a Citi card your agreement would have been with Citi, Opus only bought them in 2010/2011 if I remember correctly, I also had one of them Citi cards sold to Opus, passed on to 1st Crud. Did you apply for this card online?

Comment

These Opus 'agreements' are likely unenforceable.

SAV Opus bought a heap of Citi accounts for which there are clearly no agreements still existing.

Most of the Opus agreements have November 2010 at the bottom, whereas the original accounts were opened in 2003/04.

Took one of these to court last year, we won hands down.

1st Credit are on shaky ground if they issue a statutory demand for this.
              "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Could you tell me if OPUS is the underwriter for CITI Cards ?
                Or does anyone know who the underwriter was pre 2005

Sorry if posting in the wrong thread

Comment

Well done on taking them to court was it through the court or ombudsman ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X