• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Newlyn Bailiff Removed vehicle without any prior documentation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newlyn Bailiff Removed vehicle without any prior documentation

I was visiting a friend a few eeks back. On my return to my vehicle, I realized it was not there, fearing it had been stolen. After calling the police, they informed me that the vehicle had in fact been removed by a neylun bailiff. I explained to him that the vehicle had belonged to my wife but she no longer lived with me at the above address and that the vehicle had now been registered in my name.
    The bailiff insisted that the only way I could get my vehicle back was to pay the incredible fee and then appeal the costs after I had my car released from the compound.
    I could not believe the amount to be paid and was very reluctant to do so but I did not want to incur any further fees so I paid the due amount to the compound that evening and collected my car. As the account was in my wife’s name, I had to contact her and get her to sign a vehicle release form so that I could collect the car. On collection of my car, I was only provided a Pound release form receipt and a receipt for the total amount and not a breakdown.
    Why did I not receive a hand written letter by a bailiff from Newlyn stating that you now owe said amount?

I have owned the car since January 2014 and me and my wife have not been together since.

Any advice on how i can get my money back? All help would be appreciated,

Many Thanks,
    Last edited by syed80uk; 13th April 2014, 17:45:PM.

Re: Newlyn Bailiff Removed vehicle without any prior documentation

If the vehicle is registered in your name take copies of the V5 which shows the date of change of ownership, also copies of your insurance documents showing the date from which you were insured for that vehicle.

Send with a covering letter to Newlyn and the Authority that issued the warrant, don't forget to send 1st class recorded delivery, then follow up within 7 days of posting, making sure that you have noted who signed for them and when.
    The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X