• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Do the new bailiffs costs apply to me ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do the new bailiffs costs apply to me ?

BRISTOW & SUTOR OR DEMANDING UNPAID COUNCIL TAX SINCE AUGUST LAST YEAR
    (TWO VISITS).

I HAVE RECIEVED A LETTER TODAY PUSHED THROUGH THE LETTER BOX (NO STAMP) STATING
    THIS VISIT (ENFORCEMENT STAGE) HAS A FURTHER COST OF £235.00.

CAN THEY CHARGE ME THE FURTHER COST OF £235.00 SINCE MY CASE WAS BEFORE
    APRIL 6th 2014 ?.
    Tags: None

Re: Do the new bailiffs costs apply to me ?

Originally posted by sparky27 View Post
    BRISTOW & SUTOR OR DEMANDING UNPAID COUNCIL TAX SINCE AUGUST LAST YEAR
    (TWO VISITS).

I HAVE RECIEVED A LETTER TODAY PUSHED THROUGH THE LETTER BOX (NO STAMP) STATING
    THIS VISIT (ENFORCEMENT STAGE) HAS A FURTHER COST OF £235.00.

CAN THEY CHARGE ME THE FURTHER COST OF £235.00 SINCE MY CASE WAS BEFORE
    APRIL 6th 2014 ?.
    If they have no levy on goods then AFAILK they can treat the visit fees as the Compliance Stage, then attend as the Enforcement stage, to Take Control of your goods, and charge the £235, but there is no compulsion to let them in to take control of anything, but it would be better to try to make a payment arrangement. Problem is Bonkers & Stupid are not easy to deal with.

Comment

Cheers bizzybob

The letter I stated that came today had already had a payment plan they set; I have got to pay£ 60.00 a week.

I did in fact try to set up a plan on the very first visit; I wasn't in at the time, so I rang the mobile number
      the caller left . He told me I was far better talking/setting up a payment plan with him And not the office has he would be more sympathetic; so on, so on, But I know this was just tactics to gain entry for levy.

Once in game over!

; I mean, if I had let him in to take a levy and then let him set a payment plan I cannot reach what then?.

It is so annoying that years previous up to 2012 my council got there council tax each year through my benefits.
      They even get them now to date from my benefit.
      Then instruct b&s For the year ending 2012-2013 for collection of council tax is beyond me.

Thank again bizzybob:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Ps I have a friends car park up on drive way should he move it?.

Comment

Originally posted by sparky27 View Post
        Cheers bizzybob

The letter I stated that came today had already had a payment plan they set; I have got to pay£ 60.00 a week.

I did in fact try to set up a plan on the very first visit; I wasn't in at the time, so I rang the mobile number
        the caller left . He told me I was far better talking/setting up a payment plan with him And not the office has he would be more sympathetic; so on, so on, But I know this was just tactics to gain entry for levy.

Once in game over!

; I mean, if I had let him in to take a levy and then let him set a payment plan I cannot reach what then?.

It is so annoying that years previous up to 2012 my council got there council tax each year through my benefits.
        They even get them now to date from my benefit.
        Then instruct b&s For the year ending 2012-2013 for collection of council tax is beyond me.

Thank again bizzybob:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Ps I have a friends car park up on drive way should he move it?.
        I would ask that question at the Council.

As far as the friends car on your driveway it could be prudent to move it somewhere else, because if the bailiff has not done a DVLA search (which should be done as a matter of fact) it is at risk of being clamped.

As far as the fees go, they can not charge the new £235 as the process started before the change day, unless the rescind all previous fees and charges.
        The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

Thanks Sir Vere, it looks like B & S are trying to unilaterally breach existing agreements where there is no levy to add the new fee scale and gain Control of Goods We must be really careful from now on regarding visits to Take Control of goods, and the addition of the £235 Enforcement fee, where there patently is already an agreement that is not in breach

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X