• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston bailiffs certificate revoked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston bailiffs certificate revoked

Following an incident on 22/08/2013, involving the 12 year old daughter of Teri and Russell Bur****ll, Mark Scott, a bailiff employed by the Marston Group, had his certificate revoked for 6 months by Oxford County Court in March 2014. The Bur****lls were awarded costs of £500. Scott was pursuing a TV Licensing related debt of £78 from 2002.
    Source: Scott Kirk, MKWeb (online only).
    http://www.mkweb.co.uk/News/Court-revokes-bailiffs-licence-20140409140000.htm
    Tags: None

Re: Marston bailiffs certificate revoked

This is RussellDash's case - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...rm-4-complaint & http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...937#post421937 & http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Court-28-3-14
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

There's method in the madness.

If there's a press report, it should always be flagged up and correctly sourced. Litigants own reports tend to carry less weight (ironically, professional reportage is often more concise and informative), if and when referred to in the future.

Amateur reports also tend to vanish into oblivion, thus making the collating of information extremely difficult.

Comment

Completely agree. I was just adding the background to the story.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

What this case illustrated was that the Form 4 was perverted by Marstons into quasi litigation, the judge was clueless and the complainant ended up seriosly out of pocket. The bailiff should have lost the certificate permanently imho. As in to the tune of the Stranglers "No more bailiff any more"

Hope the new complaint system is robust enough, but with no official watchdog I am not holding my breath

Comment

There is a REASON why courts consider 'Form 4' Complaints as being litigation and this is discussed in detail in the Judgment from the leading 'test case' by HH Judge Cryan which I provided to the forum a while ago. You can access the Judgement in post number 1 of the following link:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...m-4-complaints

Comment

Hi everyone an up date when the court order eventfully arrived is stated that the award of 500 was for Chelsea we challenged this judge and Chelsea received legal aid thanks to the help of Molly Carson

We are now appealing this judge at high court with tha award and our costs must say it has been stressful to her Mum and My self any how thought I would up date you all
              russell

Comment

This is the link to the press report -

http://www.mkweb.co.uk/News/Court-re...0409140000.htm

Reading through it, the bailiff is very lucky he wasn't the one who got arrested and I am very surprised the judge did not refer the matter to the CPS. As for Harbottle & Lewis claiming the bailiff has grounds for appeal, given the circumstances, they would be better advising him not to appeal and accept the decision of the court. My gut-feeling is that if the bailiff were to appeal, he could end up having his certificate revoked for good.

From a purely personal point of view, the MoJ and HMCTS really do need to get tough with the civil enforcement companies under contract to them, adopting a "Three Strikes and You're Out" policy if necessary, meaning, "Three serious complaints and we tear up your contract."
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

This is a very important case, so updates are much appreciated.

Comment

Hi Just to cap

I went to fishermead police station yesterday on a follow up of my criminal complaint against Mark Scott the dodgy bailiff

I rang the police the day after it happened and went in to Milton Keynes police station with molly the day after he lost his certificate but the police did not want to know and said its now out of the 6 months time limit

I explained that this is not a summery matter and that it carry's 5 years jail and feel the six months don't come in to it with children

Still were not interested so now I have made a complaint about the police to the IPPC however no legal aid hear so any views people
                    Last edited by russelldash; 4th June 2014, 09:56:AM. Reason: correction

Comment

Hi Russelldash,

It will depend upon what you were going to lay a complaint about. What offence were you reporting?

Try the National Pro Bono Centre for help with legal advice and representation.
                      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

hi all up date Chelsea case above she has been granted an appeal on the 15th October 2014 and will appear in person with Me and legal rep
                        When the court order arrived after the above was awarded in court it stated that the 500,00 was compensation for Chelsea with no costs awarded
                        We appealed to the high
                        after the paperwork rebounded a number of times due to irregularity's in the papers This was strange as it was a minor who had made the form 4 complaint and was meant to be easy
                        The judge His Honor Harris then sent an order to ask mum asking to sign a document to say she had agreed to become litigation friend in place of me LOL this dated the 6th oct

I contacted the high court accordingly and explained and hey presto I got a date

Wondering why a lower judge who is being appealed would do that

Anyhow the high court were very helpful and explained to me not to sign any documents regards to Chelsea's litigation friend until after the appeal

Can only find limited case law on this so help legal beagles this seems well hidden so if any of you legal beagles want to come along email me and soon as the court give me the Hearing time that will only be given on the 14th I will pass on
                        thanks all

Comment

long given up with the criminal aspect police say it was out of time But I had to wait for the judges summing up after Chelsea was called to give evidence about the bailiff behaviors and was told that the police could not get involved wile court case pending but a criminal complaint was made to the sheriffs court Milton Keynes by way of form 4 after I went to county for an injection against him and after appealing the county at the cost of 225.00 a listing was agreed in person

Comment

Originally posted by russelldash View Post
                            ... after I went to county for an injection against him...
                            You mean there's a procedure to euthanise bailiffs?!

Comment

Originally posted by doubleslap2 View Post
                              You mean there's a procedure to euthanise bailiffs?!

With Zyklon B I hope Arbrecht Frei

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X