• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON!!! Egg Credit Card PPI Claim rejection from Canada Square

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egg Credit Card PPI Claim rejection from Canada Square

Even better given last sentence - always find useful to start at the top and let them know how the company really treats its customers.

Comment

Yes, you are right, Pressandgo.
      Loulou, I hope it goes well.
      If public image is important to the CEO, he has to make sure his company treats members of public the way it should be done, in compliance with fiduciary duties.
      This is what reputational risk management is about, our perception of the company.
      So they better get their act together.
      Xx

Comment

good news!

Canada Square have overturned their decision and refunded me everything plus £150 compensation for being a*holes

Comment

Re: WON!!! Egg Credit Card PPI Claim rejection from Canada Square

Hi Loulou,

I am absolutely delighted for you. Well done.

As the words of the Queen song go......"another one bites the dust..."!!!!!
          Enjoy.

best wishes,

:beagle:Xxxxxxxx

Comment

Well it's my last one so that's 6-0 to me Xx

Comment

..........and don't that make you feel sooooo good........!!

:beagle:Xxxxxxxx

Comment

Ohhh yes! Couldn't have done it without you guys @ LB!

Thank uuu!

Now onto my big sisters lol xx

Comment

Congratulations, Loulou!
                  i am so happy!
                  well done!
                  bravo!
                  It is very important to keep going. They give in at the end if you are persistent.
                  I am very proud of you
                  enjoy!
                  Xx

Comment

Aw thank you Victoria! I certainly didn't give in and hounded the CEOs until I got my yes and I'm sure my name is mud at the CEO balls lmao xxx

Comment

YAY just came across this now!!!!

Congratulatons honey-Lou!!!! So happy for you! GREAT WORK!

"jumping for joy" XxX :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Thanks Di !

Now got Lloyds to deal with about disputed transactions not looking forward to this one

Comment

Egg credit card crp (now Ppi) is claimed from Barclaycard. Just won £20k.
                          Last edited by numsh; 18th January 2016, 22:21:PM. Reason: vital letter missing.

Comment

Originally posted by loulouxx View Post
                            Thank you Di you're a star!

Right ok guys Just written an email to Michael Corbat what do you think? Could be a long shot but I figured if I add a few figures in there that impact the company then it might just do the trick. Anything anyone wants to add is welcome!

Dear Mr Corbat,

My name is and I am writing to you to bring to your attention the incompetence of your PPI team and their in inability to resolve complaints to the FCA standard that I am sure you are familiar with here in the UK.

My complaint started in March 2014 for a missold CRP policy taken out in Oct 2003 with Egg. My reasons were the following;
                            1. My application for the card was online and there was a Pre Ticked box.
                            2. If the pre ticked box was un ticked I wasn’t able to go any further with the application.
                            3. I called customer services and was told that it was a condition that I took out PPI as and I quote ‘as Egg are a responsible lender’
                            4. When I received my consumer credit agreement and policy document I called customer services and was told that if I cancelled the policy I would also be cancelling the card.
                            5. Even though the application was made online, the sale became an advised sale when I called customer services during my application.
                            6. The policy was not suitable for me as I had a pre existing medical condition and would never have been able to make a valid claim.
                            7. The policy documents I received were not adequate to explain what ‘a pre medical condition’ meant. i.e. was it only pre diagnosed conditions or any reoccurring illnesses?
                            8. As the sale was advised due to the phone call placed at the time of my application I was not given the limitations or exclusions and when I did receive then I was already given the impression from Customer Services and also the application itself that it was not optional and if it wasn’t taken out my application would be rejected.

I sent my complaint form to Barclay’s at first but they informed me that as the card was taken out and closed before 2011 then it would be Canada Square Operations. I sent all the information I had sent to Barclays on to Canada Square by email as I am unable to get out to the post office to post due to my medical condition.

I then got a very generic rejection letter from a Mr Ian Clark that gave no real explanation to my particular Claim rejection. I had seen the same letter on numerous consumer forums that were identical except in Name and Account Details. I have attached the letters from Canada Square and also the ones I emailed in answer for your information. I have also attached my complaint form, hospital letter that shows I had a pre-existing medical condition.

I understand that you are a busy man and should have been able to leave complaints in the hands of staff who are competent. This has not been done and because of the magnitude of the PPI mis selling saga currently on going here in UK, I thought I would highlight to you the failings which effect not only myself but others and is shown by the financial ombudsman data from 2013. It shows that out of 1998 PPI complaints 59% of those were upheld in favour of the complainant. Which by my estimate you are facing £1,098,900 per year in fees that are paid to the financial ombudsman whether or not
                            a claim is upheld. That also means that the failing in investigating these claims thoroughly and based on their own merits is costing £648,351 a year.
                            I ask that my complaint is looked into and investigated by either yourself or someone who you trust to do this fairly and by FCA regulations which you can find here http://fshandbook.info/FS/html/handbook/DISP/App/3

Thank you for taking the time to look into this matter for me and I look forward to your swift response in resolving this matter.

Yours Sincerely
                            Hi Loulouxx

I tried reclaiming CRP from Egg a couple of years back and failed. I also used a PPI reclaim company last year and they failed. It was still niggling me that they had my money and i was indeed mis-sold PPI. The reason i am replying to your post is to say that your tenacity in not giving up gave me the determination not to let this go. I read all the comments on this thread and had one final go, this time writing to the CEO, describing why i felt they had let me down. They sent out a claim form the following week and i filled it in, expecting yet another non upheld answer. However, yesterday i received a letter stating that my complaint had been upheld and they were reimbursing me to the value of £9,622.15 !!!

Again, it was this post that gave me the encouragement to give it one last go and it paid off - so i just wanted to kinda say thanks for sharing your experience, it genuinely helped me out !

Craig x

Comment

Originally posted by loulouxx View Post
                              I ask that my complaint is looked into and investigated by either yourself or someone who you trust to do this fairly and by FCA regulations which you can find here http://fshandbook.info/FS/html/handbook/DISP/App/3
                              Unfortunately, this link doesn't work.

Page not found

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
                              If you are having trouble with access please contact: handbook.feedback@fca.org.uk
                              CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
                              Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
                              gets his brain a-going.
                              Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
                              The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

Try this Chaz

https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/DISP/1/

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
                                Unfortunately, this link doesn't work.

Page not found

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
                                If you are having trouble with access please contact: handbook.feedback@fca.org.uk

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X