• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON!!! Egg Credit Card PPI Claim rejection from Canada Square

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egg Credit Card PPI Claim rejection from Canada Square

It was rejected again anyone know who the underwriter was for Egg CRP? They said that the CRP was taken out post application and in ref to telephone calls they can only go on evidence available! Its all BS! If anyone has anything I can fire back would be appreciated.

Thank you muchly xxx

Comment

Ok Guys I have written an email answering the decision if they don't change it I'll go the Underwriters (AXA Insurance UK) Does anyone have experience of these? This was my Email -

I have received your letter this morning and I am very disappointed with your decision. I received the policy details at the same time as my credit agreement which I had to sign before I got my card which invalidates your claim that it was attached after I had obtained credit please see agreement previously attached. In regards to no evidence in relation to the telephone calls I placed to egg about the policy let me remind you of the App. 3.3.9, 3.3.10, 3.3.11 and 3.312 G, which you are in breach of, by doing that. Also I refer you to the relevant FOS documents: "...we look at the circumstances of the actual sale to establish what did happened, rather then what was supposed to have happened". If there is no evidence to prove otherwise then why do you disbelieve of how the call went. As I have previously stated the terms and conditions were of no use as the Customer Service adviser at Egg advised me that should I cancel the insurance, the card would be cancelled also where it shows about pre - existing medical condition it does not give full and clear details, It just says ‘Pre – Existing Medical Condition so it is quite clear that the information was not clear neither was the information given over the phone correct. Also in regards to the time periods that Egg were fined for, do you not think that Egg sales policies were in place way before it was brought to the regulators attention because it seems highly unlikely that they would change from not having pre ticked boxes to having pre ticked box then back to not having pre ticked boxes. The box was 100% pre ticked and it remained so throughout my application. My monthly statements had the PPI charge but that does not factor into my complaint as to my knowledge from the application and customer services it was not optional and had it been cancelled so would’ve my card. I had a large balance on the card from the first month so to cancel it and pay that balance back would’ve been impossible and put me in financial hardship.

I ask that you take my comments on board and take another look. To save me time I ask that the decision is given to my via email and then if you do still come to the same conclusion then I can go ahead with the Financial Ombudsman.

What do you think? xxx

Comment

Hi Loulou,

know how how you feel...... As if things are not bad enough, you have these idiots to deal with.

the letter is grand. I would just add that you have now referred the matter to your MP. Or you can do what Victoria did, copy your MP in on your mail. After all, that is what they are there for.

best of luck

:beagle: Xxxxxxx

Comment

Hi L'pool. Tell me about it. They even admitted to me that they had no evidence of the phone calls big mistake lmao. I will if they do not uphold after this and I will also refer it to the CEO instead of just copying him in fingers crossed this will change their minds. Thank you xxxx

Comment

Hi Loulou,
            I am furious!
            would it help to email to Barclays CEO?
            just in case, his email is:

antony.jenkins@barclays.com

if you put him in the picture with the copy to your MP in the same email and with the real threat not just the FOS, but the FCA and press, may be it will do the trick.
            lol
            Vxxx

Comment

Hi Victoria, No its not Barclaycard unfortunately it's Canada Square. I'm going to if they change their decision if not then I will start copying in my MP and others. Might try the underwriters first. I want to try all avenues before the FOS as they take ages

Barclays haven't been too bad I am talking to them about another CC with PPI. The CEO office are acting as a go between myself and PPI team. Fingers crossed but will let you know what happens.

xxxx

Comment

Thank you, Loulou.
                all the best.
                i also posted on our Santander for you.
                so Barclays was another one you have at the moment.
                sorry I did not realised.
                Best of luck.
                i am with you
                lol
                Vxxx

Comment

Thank you! Haven't had no response yes but here's hoping. Canada Square have a habit of doing this upholding one and not another xxx

Comment

Got another letter of rejection today! My next stop will be CEO and MP. I'm going to SAR them today too. Damn them!

Comment

Have responded to your pm's honey x x

Comment

Thank you Di you're a star!

Right ok guys Just written an email to Michael Corbat what do you think? Could be a long shot but I figured if I add a few figures in there that impact the company then it might just do the trick. Anything anyone wants to add is welcome!

Dear Mr Corbat,

My name is and I am writing to you to bring to your attention the incompetence of your PPI team and their in inability to resolve complaints to the FCA standard that I am sure you are familiar with here in the UK.

My complaint started in March 2014 for a missold CRP policy taken out in Oct 2003 with Egg. My reasons were the following;
                        1. My application for the card was online and there was a Pre Ticked box.
                        2. If the pre ticked box was un ticked I wasn’t able to go any further with the application.
                        3. I called customer services and was told that it was a condition that I took out PPI as and I quote ‘as Egg are a responsible lender’
                        4. When I received my consumer credit agreement and policy document I called customer services and was told that if I cancelled the policy I would also be cancelling the card.
                        5. Even though the application was made online, the sale became an advised sale when I called customer services during my application.
                        6. The policy was not suitable for me as I had a pre existing medical condition and would never have been able to make a valid claim.
                        7. The policy documents I received were not adequate to explain what ‘a pre medical condition’ meant. i.e. was it only pre diagnosed conditions or any reoccurring illnesses?
                        8. As the sale was advised due to the phone call placed at the time of my application I was not given the limitations or exclusions and when I did receive then I was already given the impression from Customer Services and also the application itself that it was not optional and if it wasn’t taken out my application would be rejected.

I sent my complaint form to Barclay’s at first but they informed me that as the card was taken out and closed before 2011 then it would be Canada Square Operations. I sent all the information I had sent to Barclays on to Canada Square by email as I am unable to get out to the post office to post due to my medical condition.

I then got a very generic rejection letter from a Mr Ian Clark that gave no real explanation to my particular Claim rejection. I had seen the same letter on numerous consumer forums that were identical except in Name and Account Details. I have attached the letters from Canada Square and also the ones I emailed in answer for your information. I have also attached my complaint form, hospital letter that shows I had a pre-existing medical condition.

I understand that you are a busy man and should have been able to leave complaints in the hands of staff who are competent. This has not been done and because of the magnitude of the PPI mis selling saga currently on going here in UK, I thought I would highlight to you the failings which effect not only myself but others and is shown by the financial ombudsman data from 2013. It shows that out of 1998 PPI complaints 59% of those were upheld in favour of the complainant. Which by my estimate you are facing £1,098,900 per year in fees that are paid to the financial ombudsman whether or not
                        a claim is upheld. That also means that the failing in investigating these claims thoroughly and based on their own merits is costing £648,351 a year.
                        I ask that my complaint is looked into and investigated by either yourself or someone who you trust to do this fairly and by FCA regulations which you can find here http://fshandbook.info/FS/html/handbook/DISP/App/3

Thank you for taking the time to look into this matter for me and I look forward to your swift response in resolving this matter.

Yours Sincerely

Comment

Wow honey that is wonderful!!!! Well done!! An eye opener too! Good one!

I have nothing to add as you have it all covered! Hope you get some luck from them this time round, fingers crossed.

Oh and your very welcome x

Comment

Bravo, Loulou!
                            excellent letter, as Di said, an eye opener.
                            i could not add anything either, you certainly covered it all.
                            i am sure it will work.
                            if selling PPI to a person with pre-existing medical condition with pre-ticked box on the application form is not mis-sale, then what is?!
                            good luck, my dear.
                            fingers crossed for you.
                            lol
                            Vxxxx

Comment

Perfect letter - nothing else anyone could add. Hope it gets a positive response.

Comment

Thanks everyone. Di do you remember that issue I had a while back with canada square about an egg loan that was sold to a DCA but thy still offset or 'restructured' the loan? I mentioned that too in a bit I added in the second to last paragraph quoting the FOS stance on how redress should be given in that case. When I get a response I will let everyone know. The guy I sent it too is the CEO in the US and apparently is very hot on public image for Citigroup all over the world this should open his eyes I hope xxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X