• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON!!! Egg Credit Card PPI Claim rejection from Canada Square

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WON!!! Egg Credit Card PPI Claim rejection from Canada Square

Good Morning Everyone,

Woke up to an unpleasant letter from Canada Square telling me that my claim was rejected. I have read through and it seems this is a generic reply! So angry they upheld my complaint from 2005 for a loan but not the card which was taken out in Oct 2003. They totally disregarded the fact I made a phonecall to them to ask about the pre ticked box and the fact that I couldn't go any further unless it stayed ticked. I also have a pre existing medical condition that they have ignored.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks in advance

Lou Lou xx
    Tags: None

Re: Egg Credit Card PPI Claim rejection from Canada Square

Hi Lou, hope all is looking better for you at home (with your dad) etc x

Write back and tell them your not happy to receive a standard generic response where they did not infact take into account your pre med condition, copy and send to the CEO as well, ask them to review and maybe a few tips from Victoria's links/letter on the other thread will help too.

I hope they review and overturn this for you honey and ask for abou 14 days in total for them to review and respond xx

Comment

Thanks Di, My Dad is doing so much better not 100% but getting there. Been a rough few weeks and now this I swear someone is testing my nerves.

Do you have the CEO email. I have an Ian Clark email and crt.pleaseassist and I couldn't find one on the CEO email website? I have done a letter see below.

Thanks again xxx

5th April 2014

Dear Mr Ian Clark,

Re: Egg Card Account

I am writing to you due to the fact that you have not addressed my concerns in my PPI claim form dated 31/03/2014, of which a copy is enclosed. What I expect from you is justification that the policy was suitable for me based on my circumstances and an explanation as to how your suitability criteria works, which by your reply dated the 02/04/2014 to reject my complaint this has not been done. I have had a look at other people’s rejection letters and they are all generic and the same which shows that my complaint was not handled by FCA regulations. You have also ignored my evidence that shows I was not suitable and the information surrounding egg applications around the time clearly states that EGG used PRE TICKED BOXES and that the application could not continue if UNTICKED. The phone call placed to EGG about the application before it was processed seems again to have been totally disregarded as you have not made no reference to it!
      Please see your reasons for not upholding my complaint below and my comments to each in red.
      1. Did not require you to take repayment insurance as a condition of obtaining the card. The box on the application was PRE TICKED and when I unticked the box I couldn’t continue with my application. I spoke to EGG customer services before the application was completed and was told that it was a condition of acceptance as they were a ‘responsible lender’. I then continued my application based on the information given by Egg Customer Services.
      2. Did not provide an advisory service. This is untrue as when I called Egg during my application I was advised that PPI was a condition of acceptance. During this call no questions were ever asked about any possible exclusions. When I applied it showed on the web application the word ‘it would greatly improve your chances of acceptance’. Each of these instances show that it was in fact an advised sale.
      3. Required you to positively confirm that you wished to purchase this policy during the application. I would like to point out as I said in all my applications about this PPI both to Barclays and yourselves that the box to confirm PPI was wanted/needed was
      PRE TICKED and it had to stay ticked in order to proceed with the application. This is a known fact that EGG used this tactic until around 2007.
      4. Provided full terms and conditions of the policy and requested you read them before submitting. The terms and conditions sent to me were of no use as Egg Customer Services made it perfectly clear that PPI was needed for the acceptance of my application and that the online application could not be continued if the PPI box was unticked. I did call them once I received my agreement about the exclusions and I was told that if I cancelled the protection my application and card would be cancelled and reject also. This made to cooling off period unusable as it was my reasonable belief from the information I was given at the time of my application and what was told me when I received my agreement that the insurance could not be cancelled without forfeiting the card and account also.
      As you can see from above that the sale was advised not just from the telephone conversations but also through the application itself in regards to the PRE TICKED BOX and the fact that the application could not have been continued if UN TICKED. The fact that the box was PRE TICKED in the first place is a mis sale! At no point was questions asked about my health or about my ability to pay payments without insurance. I had a pre medical condition and could never have claimed so the product was unsuitable. When I did asked about cancelling the policy I was told that I was unable to as it was a condition and that the card and account would be cancelled and rejected.
      If you cannot justify this to my satisfaction and with clear evidence for your decision then I request a full refund of all premiums paid to date as well as interest on these payments. I do believe that the letter I received this morning wasn’t specific to my complaint and I have seen evidence that many more have received the same letter but with personal details and account details changed. I asked that a complete investigation is carried out. Many emails were sent to Barclays in regards to this claim and also 3 applications that I sent with updates so I apologise if any of the above was missed and not sent onto you. If I do not receive a satisfactory response, within 14 days, I will take further action by lodging a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman or issuing court proceedings I will also lodge a further complaint as the way this complaint has been handled is against regulation.
      Yours Sincerely,

Comment

Glad to hear your dad is improving honey, and hope now he gets stronger every day, love and hugs xx

Excellent letter, well done! And that is so right with how they used to deal with the online ppi applications, so glad you also mentioned on this and didnt they have a fine too some time back?

Now in regards of the CEO, isnt it the same one as Barclays CEO?

I shall see what I can find x

Comment

no need for citi group CEO email michael.l.corbat@citi.com

Comment

I checked on CEO addresses and found the one below, this one also covers EGG according to the site, double check if you want to make sure, just to be sure x :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Maybe copy Ian Clark into it as well.

david.chan@barclaycard.co.uk

Comment

Missed your other email honey lol, glad you found it x :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Yep I think me and my mum want to send him back to hospital only kidding! He's starting to annoy the hell out of us so he's definitely recovering well lol

Haha I already emailed him since day one but because its an old account it was passed to Canada Square Citi Group! Will update you once I get if I get anything back.

xx

Comment

LOL aww bless lol, well that is a great sign, great to hear! x :tinysmile_twink_t2:

All crossed here for you Lou! fab letter! x

Comment

Hi Loulou,

great to hear that your Dad is giving trouble again!!!!!!!!! A sure sign that things are on the up and up.

:beagle:

Comment

Aw Thanks L'Pool64, he's certainly getting there lol! It's Surprising because a few weeks ago it was a like he was a child now he's getting better everyday and in Oct 2013 he only just had triple bypass and heart valve replacement surgery so there was even a question on his survival but hes ertainly a fighter. Got to say I'm really proud of him even though he does bug the hell out of us lol xx

Comment

Glad to hear about your Dad Lou.
                        Thank you for your help and support, yes so glad I found LB everyone has given help and support and I hooe, in a small way I have helped others.
                        xx
                        Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

Hi Loulou, so glad about your Dad getting better.
                          Your letter is excellent. Well done!
                          They cannot argue the fact you are not eligible. Your medical condition is the fact. Even if nothing else, it is enough for them to uphold. No way out of it for them.

Very good point about generic letters, love it

You described so clear all the the circumstances about the box being pre-ticked etc. and "no advise" given, haha, no advise, indeed!

they should know how their web application was set up.
                          Are there any footprints in SAR about your phone calls? They should have been registered.

About "no advise" is specifically mentioned in the FCA Handbook:

"App 3.3.10
                          The firm should not assume that because it was not authorised to give advice (or because it intended to sell without making a recommendation) it did not in fact give advice in a particular sale."

Look forward to hearing good news!

lol

Best of luck.

Vxxx

Comment

Originally posted by dogtired View Post
                            Glad to hear about your Dad Lou.
                            Thank you for your help and support, yes so glad I found LB everyone has given help and support and I hooe, in a small way I have helped others.
                            xx
                            Thanks DT. That's what I love about LB too, everyone is always willing to help, supportive and non judgemental espicially when it comes to sensitive matters like finance. Couldn't have got very far with out you guys helping me xxxx

Comment

Originally posted by Victoria27 View Post
                              Hi Loulou, so glad about your Dad getting better.
                              Your letter is excellent. Well done!
                              They cannot argue the fact you are not eligible. Your medical condition is the fact. Even if nothing else, it is enough for them to uphold. No way out of it for them.

Very good point about generic letters, love it

You described so clear all the the circumstances about the box being pre-ticked etc. and "no advise" given, haha, no advise, indeed!

they should know how their web application was set up.
                              Are there any footprints in SAR about your phone calls? They should have been registered.

About "no advise" is specifically mentioned in the FCA Handbook:

"App 3.3.10
                              The firm should not assume that because it was not authorised to give advice (or because it intended to sell without making a recommendation) it did not in fact give advice in a particular sale."

Look forward to hearing good news!

lol

Best of luck.

Vxxx
                              lol thanks Vic. I have a confession to make I never SAR'd any of my PPI claims lol but I doubt they did as most of egg didn't have a clue lol. That wasn't the final copy I copied a few bits from yours espicially the quotes from FCA !

They upheld my loan so I don't get what the issue is with a credit card perhaps it's a big one haha as I've heard they do that a lot.

Will give an update as soon as I hear anything fingers crossed xx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X