• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Walker Love/ BW Legal trying to serve legal doc's HELP !!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walker Love/ BW Legal trying to serve legal doc's HELP !!!!

Hi,

Not used to using Forums so please excuse if not doing this right, but here goes.

I was a single parent living in Scotland and brought up 3 kids while working full time but got two credit cards and a loan with really high interest payments through the Bank of Scotland all pre 2007. Paid them faithfully until I lost job and had to get a job paying a fraction of what I had been earning. I had to stopped paying them all.

One of the cards kept upping my limit because I paid minimal monthly payments. They then authorised another credit card. and the loan which was for £7000. The outstanding balance on loan is £1670(debt 1), £2493(debt 2) on credit card. I also have the original credit card for over 8K(debt 3). Lowell bought all the debt approx 1 year ago. They then clubbed together the two smaller amounts and sent them to BW Legal who now have instructed Walker Love to visit my home with legal papers which I am presuming are SD. Walker Love visited yesterday and done everything they could to access onto my property (including going into neighbours gardens and peering over fences to see why the could not get into my back garden, really frightening as I was waiting on neighbours confronting them). They didn't manage to serve any papers but left a letter asking me to call quoting ref number.

I sent a CCA request to BW Legal which they received on Friday 28th March. Got copy of receiving signature. Also sent one to Lowell which has not been signed for but I sent to PO Box number. Think will have to resend to real address, which I am going to do today.

Any help would be really appreciated with this as I am also nursing my terminally ill mother just now and am worried sick about what to do next, also worried that I've not done the right thing with Walker Love.

Sorry if rambling but tried only to give relevant information.

Thanks for any help.
    Tags: None

Re: Walker Love/ BW Legal trying to serve legal doc's HELP !!!!

Hi, You are right, they are likely delivering a Statutory Demand. It is easy enough to accept the papers and respond by sending the Denial Slip back by recorded delivery straight away. Did they send a letter making an appointment to deliver the SD in advance? I'd give them a call and make an appt to accept delivery - otherwise you'll be stressed out until it is dealt with. Have a read of some of the other Walker Love threads in this forum, hopefully will set your mind at rest a little.

The CCA requests to the creditors and Lowells was definately the right thing to do.

Just shout if you have any questions at all xx

Sharon
    xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks for your quick response.

I have read other threads on Walker Love and don't feel as scared now.

Resent CCA Request (debt 3) to Lowell at their new offices as the one sent to PO Box still not received.

I have also resent CCA Request to BW Legal again but this time sent two CCA's to cover both the debts they have clubbed together. As reading about their dirty tricks want to make sure I do it correctly.

I will call Walker Love after making sure all recorded delivery's have been signed for to accept the SD.

I will contact you once I have received SD if I have any problem filling it in.

Once again thank you and I don't feel so alone now after reading all the threads on this.

Comment

Hi,

I have received the SD today just a few questions.

The Denial slip : Do I leave (3) (4) blank or delete (4)
        3. That I owe you the sum demanded?
        4. That I have to pay you the sum demanded immediately

The only place I can fill out my details are next to signature and address of Debtor : Is this where I put my details ?

to confirm who it is sending SD back.

Sorry just scared of filling it in wrong

Thanks.

Comment

I hope you can read that, those options get everyone xx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Also, probably a silly question, but have you had anything back from your CCA requests?
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately don't see anything on your reply apart from a small cross which won't let me access anything. I just want this denial in the post, it's making me nervous.

Also for anyone else reading this. Be ready for the Sherriff Officer's, don't be frightened, like I was. They were actually ok. He does ask how much you are going to pay back, if you own your own property, car and are you working and where but after each question he did say I didn't have to answer and told me where to return the SD back to. They all are not all as polite but they can all only do the same only more aggressive. Keep cool and don't answer the questions, sign for it and shut the door. Hope this helps.

I received a letter back from BW Legal 31st March stating they received my CCA Request and are forwarding it on to Lowell but and I quote " We will seek to ensure the information requested is provided within 12 working days however this is contingent on receiving the documentation from your Original Creditors within aforementioned timescale. "

So going from the date on this letter to be generous that gives them till the 16th which is 6 days more that the 12 working days allowed on original letter received by them on 24th March. So should expect something in the post within the next 5 days.

Can you tell me if I am doing something wrong in trying to access what you sent.

Thank you so much.

Comment

Oh, you're probably on internet explorer and windows 8 - I get the same on my tablet thingy. I need to fix that.

Heres a link to the picture - http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...9&d=1392124375 - that should work.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

So going from the date on this letter to be generous that gives them till the 16th which is 6 days more that the 12 working days allowed on original letter received by them on 24th March. So should expect something in the post within the next 5 days.
                  That's correct, but quite unlikely that they will be able to supply the documents within that timescale to be honest. Don't wait on those before sending back the denial slip, just get those sorted and sent recorded delivery asap.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi,

just a quick update. Sent denial slip recorded delivery today to Lowell and also a photocopy to BW Legal.

Just to confirm the 3 weeks start from date SD received from Sheriff Officers.

Thanks.

Comment

That's correct.

Let us know if you hear back.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi,

Just received a letter today from Lowell re (3rd Debt for 8K) stating

"When Lowell purchases a debt from a client we issue a Letter of Assignment to the customer which fulfils our legal obligation under the Law of Property Act 1925"

They then go on to say they would not normally issue a specific DOA unless the matter had progressed to court. Attached to this is a letter they say they sent on 5th July 2013 stating above.

They also say they have requested a copy of the agreement from the original creditor with whom I entered into original agreement with but it could take longer than this to get documentation and will keep me updated on this.

Should I still only give the 12+2 working days and then send Failed CCA request.

Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

Just received a letter today from Lowell re (3rd Debt for 8K) stating

"When Lowell purchases a debt from a client we issue a Letter of Assignment to the customer which fulfils our legal obligation under the Law of Property Act 1925"

They then go on to say they would not normally issue a specific DOA unless the matter had progressed to court. Attached to this is a letter they say they sent on 5th July 2013 stating above.

They also say they have requested a copy of the agreement from the original creditor with whom I entered into original agreement with but it could take longer than this to get documentation and will keep me updated on this.

Should I still only give the 12+2 working days and then send Failed CCA request.

Thanks.

Comment

They are in breach of the CCA after the 12&2 days so yes you can send them a letter stating while they are in default of your request they are unable to enforce the debt through court. Bit of a cheek saying they'd only produce the deed of assignment if the debt progresses to court when they've sent a statutory demand lol.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi,

Today I have received a letter from BW Legal in response to my Failed CCA letter sent last week.
                              These are the main points of letter:

1. They have received my complaint and have forwarded this on to Lowell and that no further action will be taken in respect to the SD since they are still awaiting the relevant documentation from Lowell.

2. They also acknowledge that they have not sent the requested documents within the 12 +2 working days, however this was contingent on receiving the documentation from my original creditors within the aforementioned timescale.

3. They will continue to hold any further action until the relevant documentation has been received from Lowell.

What is the point in sending a CCA letter if they just ignore it ? , also am I right in saying they should not have issued an SD without the relevant documentation ?

Does this mean they will just sell the debt on in a while without providing the original credit document and I have to start the whole process again and becomes another black mark on my credit file.

What can I do now if anything to get rid of these people ?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X