• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

seized vehicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• seized vehicle

need some advise ive just had my vehicle seized under warrant of execution northampton county court
    on behalf of transport for london

problem is is need the vehicle for my studies as im studying the london knowledge and obviously need the vehicle is there anyway i can claim the vehicle back thru exemption etc or do i have to pay the penalty notice balliff fees etc

i need some legal advise thanks jr_419
    Tags: None

Re: seized vehicle

For your vehicle to be exempt, it would have to either be registered as a disability vehicle, or for use in relation to a business. (Please note the latter will not apply under the new regulations in the event goods are valued at over £1350).
    your suggestion that for your predicament the vehicle is exempt, is not the case sadly, as the bailiff company may argue that alternative methods of transport could be used for example a train or bus.

before being passed to bailiffs, you should of received from the local authority the following letters:- the initial fine either on the windscreen or via the post, a notice to owner, a charge certificate, a notice of debt registration and finally a warrant of execution. Is it the case that you didnt recieve any of these letters from the council? Or have you moved address since first incurring the fine? If the answer to either is yes, then you would need to do an out of time witness statement.
    if however you still are at the same address and did get the letters then the enforcement is correct and i would advise you to pay it asap to stop further costs and the potential that bailiffs may remove your vehicle
    None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X