• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Driving Licence can be cancelled without you knowing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Driving Licence can be cancelled without you knowing

I went to get a rental car only to be told that my licence had been revoked. I contacted DVLA only to be told that they had sent me a health form which was not returned. I enquired when and where only to be told they had sent it out to an address I am not familar with and not the one on my licence. They will not reinstate my licence. What a crazy situation.
    Tags: None

Re: Driving Licence can be cancelled without you knowing

Despite having sent a health form for you to complete to a completely wrong address they will not allow you to correct your records and reinstate your licence by completing the health form now?

Did they say where the address they sent the forms to had come from ?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: Driving Licence can be cancelled without you knowing

The DVLA has a reputation not only for incompetence but for dishonesty as well.

Obviously, you will have to make a formal complaint. What is this 'health form'? Why was it sent to 'you'? Was it in response to documents sent in by someone else? An enquiry asking for clarification of this question might be a useful first step.

As this is obviously a data processing blunder, the best way to attack them would probably be by establishing a breach of the Data Protection Act.

Under no circumstances return the licence document to them without having a certified copy made first (get a solicitor to copy it and then stamp it as a True Copy).

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X