• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Voluntary termination

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Voluntary termination

And early settlement figure is £2931.91 discount or rebate
    Would be £968.59 only if paid in full

Comment

Originally posted by irnbrukid207 View Post
      And early settlement figure is £2931.91 discount or rebate
      Would be £968.59 only if paid in full
      Yes there is case law which supports the contention that the rebate is issued after full repayment, although since the figure cannot be calculated until after the sale of the vehicle many creditors will include the rebate in the final figure, it seems like they being somewhat intransigent.
      As said if I were you I would pursue the VT as originally planned.

Comment

Hi Andy, sent all the vt stuff you said etc, and got a reply, it says, I have a good contact within the CCTA I will contact him and forward your email to him for advice, and I will be in touch.

Comment

Hi Andy, sent all the vt stuff you said etc, and got a reply, it says, I have a good contact within the CCTA I will contact him and forward your email to him for advice, and I will be in touch.
          You need to reply and thank them , but remind them also that the contract will be terminated as per the original date and that the payment made will be the last before the termination of the agreement. Also they need to make arrangement for collecting their vehicle.

Comment

I might be getting somewhere now, there asking if they take the vehicle back under the vt what kind of proposals do I have to pay the shortfall back, plus make good costs

Comment

I might be getting somewhere now, there asking if they take the vehicle back under the vt what kind of proposals do I have to pay the shortfall back, plus make good costs
              It will depend on what the bill is post termination, once the car has gone back they can send an invoice and you will make arrangements to repay any amount that is lawfully due under the terminated contract.

This is a matter to be resolved after the car has gone back

Comment

Hi Andy, that's it voluntary termination has been accepted they have asked me to drop it at an auction house around 40 miles away, I'll manage that, and deal with the bill when all sold, big big thanks for all your help and advice with this.

Comment

Hi Andy, that's it voluntary termination has been accepted they have asked me to drop it at an auction house around 40 miles away, I'll manage that, and deal with the bill when all sold, big big thanks for all your help and advice with this.
                  OK. Now you need to get your camera out. Photograph from every angle inside and out, try and get a picture of today's newspaper in the frame just to show when the pictures are taken.

Also get a picture of the mileage on the speedo.

Be prepared, they will undoubtedly try and get you to sign a condition report,.Do not be afraid to refuse to sign, if you do, make sure you read it and also do not sign unless you can get a FULL carbon copy, there is nothing they can do if you just walk away.

Comment

Oh and your very welcome

Comment

No worries will do that, they certainly make life difficult for people don't they, then they look stupid in the end when the have to admit defeat and take the vehicle back

Comment

No worries will do that, they certainly make life difficult for people don't they, then they look stupid in the end when the have to admit defeat and take the vehicle back

Comment

Yep, there must be half a dozen on the VT thread on here and perhaps another dozen just in the last 12-18 months scattered elsewhere on this forum.

Makes you wonder how many people are put off doing the VT by the miss information given by creditors.
                          The next thing to expect is a large bill for damages to the vehicle, this obviously you will contest, they will threaten and then they will drop any claim when confronted with the evidence.

You probably think that I have Chrystal ball.

Just so you are for warned.

Comment

No worries, I am going to drop it off at the auction site myself, and I shall take plenty photos with
                            that days newspaper in it like you said, and save 1 last sting from them, cheers

Comment

Hi Andy, wee van is getting picked up Tuesday/Wednesday there doing it for a small fee, which I am happy with.

Do you no of anybody on here Andy that could give me a bit of advice on debt arrangement schemes in Scotland,
                              and also about debt problems in Scotland, cheers

Comment

Hi Andy, wee van is getting picked up Tuesday/Wednesday there doing it for a small fee, which I am happy with.

Do you no of anybody on here Andy that could give me a bit of advice on debt arrangement schemes in Scotland,
                                and also about debt problems in Scotland, cheers
                                As long as you are happy, don't forget the Photos

Not offhand, avoid anyone who wants to charge anything for a debt management plan, there are many free and excellent advisers and facilities, have a look here

https://www.nationaldebtline.org/S/Pages/default.aspx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X