• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bailiff from Newlyn took the car which belongs to the company because my name on V5

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bailiff from Newlyn took the car which belongs to the company because my name on V5

I need urgent advice how to stop bailiff from selling the car they took which is the 3rd parties. I have 5 days !!!! Please see the story and what we have done already. but I need to know how to stop them before setting the case.
    Please advice.

I have everything recorded, just no time to act as they will probably go for an auction by Friday. the fee was outstanding parking ticket £127.00 + bailiff fee £450 ha,ha

On the date 21.03.2014 I noticed at 7.30am that a Volkswagen Finance loan vehicle Audi A8 was clamped with the note on the door that the vehicle was seized by bailiff and the company he represents Newlyn Plc.
    around 8.30am bailiff arrived telling me that he will take the vehicle. I gave him Volkswagen Finance Group loan documents to prove that this vehicle belongs to Volkswagen Finance Group. He didn’t even care to look at paperwork.
    As I had to do pop in to bank I drove off in BMW which belongs to xxxx Ltd Company. I came back to my house 20min later where bailiff was still waiting with clamp on Audi vehicle. Just when I enter the house I saw from the window that he rushed with his van to block BMW car to prevent me probably from driving off. Doing that he also blocked a pedestrian access and half of the highway ( Photo Evidence A). This blockage lasted for few hours.
    As I’m no stranger to law in England I was shocked what this gentlemen is trying to do as it’s completely opposite to Bailiffs code of conduct, Road Traffic Act or even common sense.
    I went out showing him V5 document and invoice for BMW vehicle which clearly states that the rightful owner is company xxxxxx Ltd not Myself.
    Again to my surprise he told me that this is my vehicle because my name is listed below the company name. As you probably aware it is obligatory by law to include a name of the person when registering company vehicle.
    ( Attachment No 03 – DVLAINS160 – Your registration Certificate V5C and You – Page 4 – “If the vehicle is registered in the name of a business or organisation, give the business or organisation name and then give the full name of the person responsible for the vehicle.”
    https://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consu.../dg_065264.pdf
    Straight away I called Newlyn PLC office on two numbers visible on their website. So far I was not informed what this claim is about, the only paper I had was the sticker with bailiff company name and case reference number. None of the 2 operatives on the phone could be off any help and they also claimed that bailiff can take whatever he wants.
    Both of the gentlemen were telling me only “You need to speak to bailiff” “You need to make payment” Conversations recorded if needed.
    In the meantime my partner tried to obtain bailiffs manager’s name and contact number with whom he was constantly on the phone.
    I called him explaining that his operative Mr xx clamped loan car and also 3rd party car and threaten that vehicle will be towed away in no time. He told me I need to proof that vehicle belongs to company which I did showing V5 and invoice to Mr x and later on I sent email to manager with invoice scanned. ( email sent - 11.55am ) I waited for call back for an hour and was forced to call again asking if he received my email. His answer was “because your name is also on the invoice and V5 it means that this is your vehicle” – a complete contradiction to what DVLA guidance document says. Conversation recorded if needed.
    At 10.37am I called 101 non emergency police number asking what should I do when enforcement agent is trying to take goods which cannot be taken by the bailiff’s code of conduct? Lady on the other side told me that this is civil matter and they cannot send patrol to assist me.
    At that point I had to stay in the vehicle as lorry with crane arrived and bailiffi tried to unlawfully take possession of 3rd party vehicle. As no one from Newlyn PLC company together with operating bailff was lessoning to the reason and rules that governs ownership of property I was forced to stay in the car to prevent taking company asset. Even while they saw me sitting in a vehicle they were still proceeding with attaching the wheel clamps for the crane probably putting my health at risk if something fall down on windshield or roof window.
    At around 1.00 – 1.30pm police patrol arrived to my relief as I though some of neighbours might have called for intervention.
    I sent my partner to explain situation as I was afraid to move out from the vehicle.
    He almost fainted when he heard bailiff saying to the officer that I tried to run over lorry driver! And that was the reason why police sent patrol to my address. To her relief Police Officer told him to stop making false accusations and changing his story with every time he called Police line or talk with police. That’s when we found out why Police Patrol arrived – bailiff lied that I tried to run over lorry driver and that the driver got hurt! I was shocked and also Police Officers who told bailiff to stop using “bullying tactics” and that it is clearly and intimidation tactics. ( Recorded – attachment 06 on the DVD )
    TRANSCRIPT:
    0:40 bailiff – “I try to explain The guy is criminal because he hit another person”
    0:46 Police Officer xxxx – “I don’t believe you”
    0:48 bailiff– “ You can ask him”
    0:49 Police Officer xxxx – “ I don’t believe pair of you ( bailiff and lorry driver ) because you change your story numerous times . You’ve changed your story, You’ve changed your story”
    After seeing all the documents he instructed the bailiff to take clamps of both vehicles and move lorry out as it was completely blocking highway for the last two hours. Bailif started to oppose Police Officer directives and at that time officer called for backup patrol.
    Inspector "Z" ...arrived. They consulted paperwork over the CB radio with someone at the police headquarters. They have called the court to check if the warrant is valid. In contradiction to first officer decision he told me that “bailiff can take BMW vehicle and I can chase my rights in court” where before he stated that “he don’t want to interfere and don’t want to take any sides” which clearly he took. Statements like “let’s finish it quickly so I can go for a coffee” or “I’m going to arrest you for peace disturbance if you is not going them to take the car"
    ” shocked us in great deal taking under consideration that just a few hours before we’ve been informed it’s a civil matter and police cannot take a stand in it.
    At that time myself and my partner completely lost trust in righteousness of the Inspector "Z" ... and Police institution in general when due to lack of knowledge of basic law they allowing bailiff to take whatever they want.
    The great support from Inspector "Z" ... has only convinced bailiff that his tactics “take first –ask later” are effective and I am sure that he will not hesitate to use it against next debtor/victim. As not many people are standing strongly and know the letter of law as myself I can only imagine endless number of people that will be intimidated and harass by likes of bailiff and Newlyn Plc company.
    Aside of revoking certification forbailiff we will be filing a civil case against Newlyn Plc company and filing an official complaint against Inspector "Z"l .... Also we will be publishing this matter in the regional newspapers and on the online media. next time with full names.
    But now if any of you know the way from stopping them from selling the goods please advice. I will really appreciate it.
    Tags: None

Re: Bailiff from Newlyn took the car which belongs to the company because my name on

Again, anyone knows how to act?

Comment

Re: Bailiff from Newlyn took the car which belongs to the company because my name on

The problem you is that your original post appears to most of us as a single text block which for me is too hard to read. Better off splitting it up into paragraphs of a manageable size.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
        The problem you is that your original post appears to most of us as a single text block which for me is too hard to read. Better off splitting it up into paragraphs of a manageable size.
        Thank you for letting me know. I will post it again as a shorter text.

Comment

If Newlyn do sell the VW finance car they would be very silly, have you informed them that a bailiff is proposing to sell their property,?

Comment

Originally posted by Magdalena View Post
            I need urgent advice how to stop bailiff from selling the car they took which is the 3rd parties. I have 5 days !!!! Please see the story and what we have done already. but I need to know how to stop them before setting the case.
            Please advice.

I have everything recorded, just no time to act as they will probably go for an auction by Friday. the fee was outstanding parking ticket £127.00 + bailiff fee £450 ha,ha

On the date 21.03.2014 I noticed at 7.30am that a Volkswagen Finance loan vehicle Audi A8 was clamped with the note on the door that the vehicle was seized by bailiff and the company he represents Newlyn Plc.
            around 8.30am bailiff arrived telling me that he will take the vehicle. I gave him Volkswagen Finance Group loan documents to prove that this vehicle belongs to Volkswagen Finance Group.

He didn’t even care to look at paperwork.
            As I had to do pop in to bank I drove off in BMW which belongs to xxxx Ltd Company. I came back to my house 20min later where bailiff was still waiting with clamp on Audi vehicle. Just when I enter the house I saw from the window that he rushed with his van to block BMW car to prevent me probably from driving off. Doing that he also blocked a pedestrian access and half of the highway ( Photo Evidence A). This blockage lasted for few hours.
            As I’m no stranger to law in England I was shocked what this gentlemen is trying to do as it’s completely opposite to Bailiffs code of conduct, Road Traffic Act or even common sense.

I went out showing him V5 document and invoice for BMW vehicle which clearly states that the rightful owner is company xxxxxx Ltd not Myself.
            Again to my surprise he told me that this is my vehicle because my name is listed below the company name. As you probably aware it is obligatory by law to include a name of the person when registering company vehicle.
            ( Attachment No 03 – DVLAINS160 – Your registration Certificate V5C and You – Page 4 – “If the vehicle is registered in the name of a business or organisation, give the business or organisation name and then give the full name of the person responsible for the vehicle.”

https://www.direct.gov.uk/prod_consu.../dg_065264.pdf

Straight away I called Newlyn PLC office on two numbers visible on their website. So far I was not informed what this claim is about, the only paper I had was the sticker with bailiff company name and case reference number. None of the 2 operatives on the phone could be off any help and they also claimed that bailiff can take whatever he wants.
            Both of the gentlemen were telling me only “You need to speak to bailiff” “You need to make payment” Conversations recorded if needed.
            In the meantime my partner tried to obtain bailiffs manager’s name and contact number with whom he was constantly on the phone.

I called him explaining that his operative Mr xx clamped loan car and also 3rd party car and threaten that vehicle will be towed away in no time. He told me I need to proof that vehicle belongs to company which I did showing V5 and invoice to Mr x and later on I sent email to manager with invoice scanned. ( email sent - 11.55am ) I waited for call back for an hour and was forced to call again asking if he received my email. His answer was “because your name is also on the invoice and V5 it means that this is your vehicle” – a complete contradiction to what DVLA guidance document says. Conversation recorded if needed.
            At 10.37am I called 101 non emergency police number asking what should I do when enforcement agent is trying to take goods which cannot be taken by the bailiff’s code of conduct? Lady on the other side told me that this is civil matter and they cannot send patrol to assist me.

At that point I had to stay in the vehicle as lorry with crane arrived and bailiffi tried to unlawfully take possession of 3rd party vehicle. As no one from Newlyn PLC company together with operating bailff was lessoning to the reason and rules that governs ownership of property I was forced to stay in the car to prevent taking company asset. Even while they saw me sitting in a vehicle they were still proceeding with attaching the wheel clamps for the crane probably putting my health at risk if something fall down on windshield or roof window.

At around 1.00 – 1.30pm police patrol arrived to my relief as I though some of neighbours might have called for intervention.
            I sent my partner to explain situation as I was afraid to move out from the vehicle.

He almost fainted when he heard bailiff saying to the officer that I tried to run over lorry driver! And that was the reason why police sent patrol to my address. To her relief Police Officer told him to stop making false accusations and changing his story with every time he called Police line or talk with police. That’s when we found out why Police Patrol arrived – bailiff lied that I tried to run over lorry driver and that the driver got hurt! I was shocked and also Police Officers who told bailiff to stop using “bullying tactics” and that it is clearly and intimidation tactics. ( Recorded – attachment 06 on the DVD )

TRANSCRIPT:
            0:40 bailiff – “I try to explain The guy is criminal because he hit another person”
            0:46 Police Officer xxxx – “I don’t believe you”
            0:48 bailiff– “ You can ask him”
            0:49 Police Officer xxxx – “ I don’t believe pair of you ( bailiff and lorry driver ) because you change your story numerous times . You’ve changed your story, You’ve changed your story”

After seeing all the documents he instructed the bailiff to take clamps of both vehicles and move lorry out as it was completely blocking highway for the last two hours. Bailif started to oppose Police Officer directives and at that time officer called for backup patrol.

Inspector "Z" ...arrived. They consulted paperwork over the CB radio with someone at the police headquarters. They have called the court to check if the warrant is valid. In contradiction to first officer decision he told me that “bailiff can take BMW vehicle and I can chase my rights in court” where before he stated that “he don’t want to interfere and don’t want to take any sides” which clearly he took. Statements like “let’s finish it quickly so I can go for a coffee” or “I’m going to arrest you for peace disturbance if you is not going them to take the car"

” shocked us in great deal taking under consideration that just a few hours before we’ve been informed it’s a civil matter and police cannot take a stand in it.
            At that time myself and my partner completely lost trust in righteousness of the Inspector "Z" ... and Police institution in general when due to lack of knowledge of basic law they allowing bailiff to take whatever they want.
            The great support from Inspector "Z" ... has only convinced bailiff that his tactics “take first –ask later” are effective and I am sure that he will not hesitate to use it against next debtor/victim. As not many people are standing strongly and know the letter of law as myself I can only imagine endless number of people that will be intimidated and harass by likes of bailiff and Newlyn Plc company.
            Aside of revoking certification forbailiff we will be filing a civil case against Newlyn Plc company and filing an official complaint against Inspector "Z"l .... Also we will be publishing this matter in the regional newspapers and on the online media. next time with full names.

But now if any of you know the way from stopping them from selling the goods please advice. I will really appreciate it.
            I have split it up a bit in my requote, now Screwlyn are way out of order imho, they have removed a third party motor as in on finance, but don't worry Beagles will be along soon, perhaps bluebottle could look in on thgis one ASAP.

Comment

Thank you for letting me know. I will post it again as a shorter text.
              Newlyn bailiff arrived on Friday morning and clamped Audi vehicle at the front of my house leaving only the sticker on the car window with the company name and reference number.
              He come back after 2 hours saying that the car will be towed away.
              We were not presented any paper work, no ticket, nothing.
              As the car is lease vehicle and belongs to Audi finance we have presented the full documentation to bailiff saying that he is not allowed to clamped or possess any goods that does not belongs to us.
              As my partner had to go to the local bank he drive off with BMW which was parked next to Audi. When he came back the bailiff block the highway and clamped the other vehicle as well.
              The BMW is owned by the 3rd parties, is the company asset.
              We have presented the invoice and V5 documants to bailiff to prove he can not take the other vehicle as well.
              Copies of all documents was also send to Newlyn company via email.
              He kept both cars clamped. He said that because my partners name is on V5 under the company name that means he is the owner of the car.
              We have called police but we have been told that as this is private matter they can not assist us.
              The lorry arrived.
              At that point my partner had to stay in the BMW vehicle as lorry with crane arrived. Even while they saw him sitting in a vehicle they were still proceeding with attaching the wheel clamps for the crane probably putting my health at risk.(all recorded by me on the phone)
              Police patrol arrived. we thought that neighbours might have complained due to block highway. But we found out that bailiff called 999 saying that my partner run over the lorry driver. The police officer check the recording, say he does not believe the bailiff and lorry driver and asked him to remove both clamps from cars and leave. He did not listen. Police officer called for backup. Mr Inspector arrived. He said he is only preventing from fighting and not taking any sites.
              He have called the court to check if the warrant is valid. In contradiction to first officer decision he told me that “bailiff can take BMW vehicle and I can chase my rights in court” Statements like “let’s finish it quickly so I can go for a coffee” or “I’m going to arrest (my partner) for peace disturbance if he is not going to process.
              SO NOW WE HAVE ALREADY SEND THE APPEAL AGAINST THE TRAFFIC TICKET FOR £127, WE HAVE SEND ALL DOCUMENTS AND RECORDINGS TO HAVE BAILIFF LICENCE BEING REMOVED BUT WE NEED TO STOP BAILIFF FROM SELLING THE CAR AND POLICE IS NOT GOING TO HELP.
              i HAVE MAYBE 4 DAYS LEFT.
              THEY CLEARLY STOLE 3RD PARTIES ASSET WITH A GREAT HELP OF POLICE.
              DOES ANY ONE NOW HOW TO STOP THEM???????????PLEASE I NEED ADVICE GUYS!!!

Comment

Bizzybob has asked me to look in on this thread. The Audi A8 is the property of Volkswagen Finance and third-party property by legal definition. The BMW is the property of a company and unless the warrant the bailiff claimed to have states the company name, it, too, is third-party property.

Do Volkswagen Finance know about the Audi A8? If they do nothing and allow the sale to go ahead, they are in breach of their contract with you and would be liable to refund all payments made to them to date.

There are three defendants that are immediately apparent in this matter -

1. The local authority who allegedly issued the PCN;
                2. Newlyns;
                3. The company that owns the recovery vehicle.

All three can be cited as co-defendants, but the creditor - the local authority - has ultimate liability and would be the one to target. Has a solicitor, acting for the company, contacted the local authority? Local authorities take matters a lot more seriously when legal professionals get involved.

The bailiff's conduct amounts, at best, to Negligent Misrepresentation under the Misrepresentation Act 1967. This is a civil tort and the burden of proof is on the defendant, not the claimant. The standard of evidence is on balance of probability, not beyond all reasonable doubt, as is the standard under Criminal Law. Proceedings would be served on the local authority with the bailiff and recovery company cited as agents. Volkswagen Finance would have to act in respect of the Audi A8.

Before advising on the most appropriate course of action in respect of Inspector Z, could you indicate which police force is involved, please?
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Newlyn have really excelled themselves this time, surely the writing is on the wall for them, this is totally unacceptable. What Council have sent the Screwlyn clowns out?

Comment

What is it going to be like when 6th April comes? These Bailiffs need reigning in before someone gets hurt for some people their car is as important as their lover anyone taking a car that does not belong to the debtor may get violent we have road rage with minor scrapes what will we call this ?

LB will explode with threads if these new rules are enforced I see nothing but trouble unless the Bailiff companies play it safe

Comment

What is as much of a concern was the police and their part in the debacle.

Comment

Magdalena,

Is the PCN in an individual's name or the company's name?

Wales,

The new regulations are secondary legislation and, therefore, vulnerable to strike-down by the courts if pursued under the Human Rights Act 1998. IMHO, the interpleader provision is the one that is most vulnerable to strike-down and, if abused by civil enforcement companies, that is what I can see happening. Once a provision or SI is struck-down, that is the end of it. The government would have to go through the process of either amending or replacing the provision or SI affected.

Comment

Dear Bluebottle, Bizzybob thank you for your input.

1. PCN is issued in a private name. We've sent already a out of time statutory declaration to try to freeze action. Does it means bailiff company has to wait for Court resolution before they can sell vehicle on auction?
                          2. Tried to pay original amount £127.00 as we know in most cases it wave's bailiffs action as the original debt was paid,
                          sadly Islington council couldn't or wouldn't take payment as the case is already with bailiffs.
                          3. The Newlyn Plc manager Dan Barry received invoice for the vehicle with the company name, he told that he don't care and bailiff is going to take bmw vehicle ( recorded ).
                          4. In my opinion the council or Northampton County Court issueing £127.00 warrant of execution did not took vehicle unlawfully. In your opinion is better to sue Government body instead of Newlyn Plc who gave permission to bailiff on site?
                          5. Are there no other ways of injunction against selling vehicle by Newlyn Plc in short time?
                          6. The company doesn't have any solicitor on board, hence I'm looking for your expertise.
                          7. Audi ( Volkswagen Finance Group ) is fine, they know about the situation and they would never allow to take vehicle.
                          8. East Herts ( Hertford ) police force. Inspector Paul Burges allowed to take 3rd party goods by bailiffs.

Thank you

Comment

Dear Dear Bluebottle, Bizzybob...do you still follow...I am become to feel like my hands are tied...Please advice.

Comment

Dear Bluebottle, Bizzybob thank you for your input.

1. PCN is issued in a private name. We've sent already a out of time statutory declaration to try to freeze action. Does it means bailiff company has to wait for Court resolution before they can sell vehicle on auction? If the bailiffs know it is third-party property, they cannot lawfully sell the property without incurring civil and. possibly, criminal liabilities also.
                              2. Tried to pay original amount £127.00 as we know in most cases it wave's bailiffs action as the original debt was paid, sadly Islington council couldn't or wouldn't take payment as the case is already with bailiffs. No surprises there then.
                              3. The Newlyn Plc manager Dan Barry received invoice for the vehicle with the company name, he told that he don't care and bailiff is going to take bmw vehicle ( recorded ). Mr Dan Barry is being very silly indeed. As a bailiff manager, he will know or ought to know that he and Newlyns cannot take and sell property not belonging to a debtor. Not only is it unlawful, it is potentially illegal also.
                              4. In my opinion the council or Northampton County Court issuing £127.00 warrant of execution did not took vehicle unlawfully. In your opinion is better to sue Government body instead of Newlyn Plc who gave permission to bailiff on site? London Borough of Islington, as creditor, is 100% liable for the actions of its employees, servants and agents at all times and it is LB of Islington who should be pursued. Also, if the BMW is worth more than the debt, it is an Excessive Levy and could backfire on Newlyns and LB of Islington.
                              5. Are there no other ways of injunction against selling vehicle by Newlyn Plc in short time? The only ones who can seek an injunction are the lawful owners of the Audi and the BMW. If the BMW is subject to finance, it is the finance company.
                              6. The company doesn't have any solicitor on board, hence I'm looking for your expertise.
                              7. Audi ( Volkswagen Finance Group ) is fine, they know about the situation and they would never allow to take vehicle. Audi need to make a third-party claim asap. If the BMW is owned outright by your company, then, a director could seek an ex parte (without notice) injunction through the county court. However, this will need to be done quickly.
                              8. East Herts ( Hertford ) police force. Inspector Paul Burges allowed to take 3rd party goods by bailiffs. Minor transgressions of Police Conduct Regulations would normally be reported to a police force's Professional Standards Department. However, what Inspector Burgess has done is more than minor and the matter should be referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) asap.
                              Thank you
                              Okay. Thank you for that, Magdalena. Please see the responses in red text above.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X