• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Barclaycard/Egg Issues!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard/Egg Issues!!

Hi Everyone,

I got a letter today from Barclaycard rejecting my PPI claim because they can't find the account. I have sent them a copy of my credit agreement and the PPI terms and conditions and they have not accepted that as it didn't have a number. I don't have any other info to give to them. I want to try every avenue before I go through to the FOS does anyone have any advice?

Thanks in Advance

LouLouxx
    Tags: None

Re: Barclaycard/Egg Issues!!

Honey, have you old card statements at all hanging about?

Just wondering, but i expect you would have already checked them out.

How long ago did you take out this account lou? x

Comment

Hi Di,

No I checked and I don't the only this I have is my credit agreement and PPI policy. I took out the card in Oct 2003.

xx

Comment

So was it the case of Barclays taking over EGG?

What about a credit report honey? xx

Comment

Yep and I suspect Barclaycard are using that fact in all these types of claims. I checked my credit report and nothing as its been over 6yrs xx

Comment

Drat!

So its just the account number you require then?

Just a thought, but even though Barclays taken over EGG, does EGG still have their own data dept open?

Comment

When I called they said all enquiries would need to go to Barclays as all data was transferred for all credit card accounts that were both closed and opened.

Ive sent an email to Barclays with all the documents again and I have stated that the redress is £530 I am hoping that they will go for paying me rather than the FOS fee :tinysmile_twink_t2: 2 can play at the sneaky game lol xx

Comment

Originally posted by loulouxx View Post
                When I called they said all enquiries would need to go to Barclays as all data was transferred for all credit card accounts that were both closed and opened.

Ive sent an email to Barclays with all the documents again and I have stated that the redress is £530 I am hoping that they will go for paying me rather than the FOS fee :tinysmile_twink_t2: 2 can play at the sneaky game lol xx
                Great idea lou, sounds good to me :tinysmile_twink_t2:, fingers crossed xx

Comment

Will let you know how I get on. My last one without an offer so hopefully I will get this sorted today then that's all my claims won xx

Comment

Fantastic work Lou!! x :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Hi Loulou,

you may have tried this already......... If you paid this account by direct debit, you can SAR your bank and get statements which hopefully will go right back to 2003.

Best of luck

:beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by L'pool64 View Post
                        Hi Loulou,

you may have tried this already......... If you paid this account by direct debit, you can SAR your bank and get statements which hopefully will go right back to 2003.

Best of luck

:beagle:

I hadn't thought of that! Will do that first thing thank you xxx

Comment

Can I just add, my Egg accounts closed in 2007/8 and were investigated by Canada Square Operations as closed cases weren't transferred to Barclycard.

Comment

Hi .I am new to this forum and came here as a result of trying to sort out my own Egg/Barclaycard credit card PPI problems. My situation is that in September 2012 Canada square operations (formerly Egg) wrote to me saying you may have been mis sold PPI, giving reasons I may have been. I used their form to reply stating that I had not been aware I had a choice, hadn't needed it, wasn't made aware of the costs etc. Although all applications had been made online, my loan PPI was fully refunded but they said your credit card claim has to go to Barclay's as your account went over in 2011. They sent the details for me, then Barclaycard sent a letter saying no, Egg need to deal with this. When I phoned, the person I spoke to said oh they probably thought it was just the loans (????) I will pass it to the right department. I then received 2 letters updating me on progress then another letter saying yes you were mid sold on this card, here is your refund until August 2006. (this was when I realised all PPI was not compulsory , you could get it elsewhere much cheaper, so I cancelled on both cards and a loan with Egg and Lloyd's). Then I asked, when is this refund from, as tthe amount looked too small ( just under £2000- opened Egg account in 1999). Was informed it was from 2004 until 2006. Looking over the paperwork I had left from Egg, I could see I had a green egg card issued 1999 but in 2004 they changed it to a blue card. The card number changed. This was the card that the PPI was refunded to me on. So I asked, what about from when I took the card out? I was told, yes we are responsible for all egg card transactions, send in a letter and ask for a revision of the decision. Barclaycard have by this time put the money from the blue card PPI refund into my bank, without notifying me. So it appears i had accepted their refund. I then received a letter in Feb 2014 asking me to fill in another FOS type form and they would investigate. My father had just died followed very closely by my brother and I could not deal with paperwork. So I phoned Barclaycard PPI last week to explain. The person I spoke to was OK at first but then kept asking me for the card number. I asked, which, as there had been 4 (green card, blue card, Barclaycard on transfer from Egg then Barclaycard changed to something else..the account is open but I only pay off the small balance..have no credit limit etc at my request). At this the operator got shirty, I got upset and couldn't go on. Two days later I get a letter from Barclaycard saying this account number was not taken over by Barclaycard. We have sent your claim back to Eggl I had already asked Egg to look at the claim the 1st time Barclaycard had said this needs to go back to Egg. They replied with generic letter..you applied online...we didn't act as advisers..go away. I did appeal and they still wouldn't have it, but by this time I had received the PPI refund from Barclaycard so thought they had got their wires crossed and that it was Barclaycard who needed to deal with it. The position I am in now is that if it is Egg, Canada Sq or whatever, dealing with the preBlue card part, I can't now ask the Ombudsman to intervene as the six months cut off has passed while Barclaycard faffed about.
                            I am sorry this is so very long a tale, but I am completely at a loss and just wonder if I have lost my mind?
                            My question is...given that Barclaycard upheld the ppi mis selling on the Blue card from 2004 to 2006, which was replaced by egg themselves, I had no choice( with no mention of ppi on the paperwork they sent out when they changed green to blue) , how can they not even consider the period since the card was first taken on up until the time it changed to an Egg Blue card? And if the green card is indeed Canada Square's problem, as Barclaycard insist, why have barclaycard deemed the ppi mis sold on the Blue car but Egg have not on the Green card,when it was in effect, the same ppi policy taken out in 1999( because the box to say Yes was pre-ticked) even if on a different card?
                            If anyone is still awake, can make head or tail of this saga, and can enlighten me, i would be so grateful

Comment

Hi and welcome

I am so sorry for your losses and can imagine what a difficult time you have been through, it does sound like they are sending you round in circles.

Now i note you said the cut off point with the FOS, but have you also tried to ring them and explain the situation of the loss in your family etc and the fact that you dont know where you are with both EGG/Barclays etc.

The FOS can consider in your case of still taking on your case within good reason and in my opinion you do have a good reason with what you have been through.

However, have you also tried emailing the chief Executive officer (CEO) of those businesses and telling them of the situation? Maybe its worth doing this, and also make it clear of how you have been treated, any paperwork you have email it by attachment to the CEO and ask if the case can be looked into and if they could get back to let you know by 14 days.

Meanwhile do contact the FOS who may consider due to the fact of going through a bereavement, of taking on your case.

Please keep us posted in this matter and am wishing you the very best of luck x:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X