• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Spanish banditos

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spanish banditos

It's almost impossible not to hear how Santander customer service sucks. IMHO it really does but I'm not going into details as it would take me all Sunday night and Monday morning. Instead, I'm going to look at their 123 current account which they have been rather aggressively selling in their branches.

At first 123 does look quite innovative, promising to pay up to 3% interest and offering up to 3% cash back on spending. However, there's a £2 monthly fee which I don't quite get. Why give something and then take it. Wouldn't it just be easier to reduce the 'benefits'? Some Halifax accounts pay a fiver each month with no fee..

I assume once Santander has managed to move enough customers over to 123 the £2 monthly fee will be £3, then a fiver and eventually a tenner. M&S Bank increased their £10 VIP club fee to £15 in no time.

The biggest irony of this all is that there are plenty of free cash back sites such as quidco, topcashback and maximiles. I've had some rather nice wine by spending my maximiles points and quidco pays hard cash.

If you're often overdrawn don't even think about 123.

Verdict: Yet another fob off effort from those Spanish banditos. Avoid!
    Tags: None

Re: Spanish banditos

You forgot this bit from the 123 T&Cs

Fund the account with £500 a month (a minimum balance of £1,000 is required to receive interest

Comment

Re: Spanish banditos

I might be thick but Banks set up different types of account so they can make money customer is just the bit they don't want but wjthout them no money to make ,I expect most people as usual don't read the small print when opening a 123 account

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X