• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

kivster v parking eye

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: parking-eye county court claim

Of course you have a case. They are not the correct claimant, the charges are penal etc etc.

Do me a favour, contact admin@legalbeagles.info and ask them to move your stuff to it's own thread. I'm nw off for 3 days so can do something for you.

M1

Comment

Re: parking-eye county court claim

Many thanks M1. Email sent requesting that my post are moved to their own thread. I think I woke this morning feeling slightly dispondent..... grulling week at work.... I have been reading with interest court transcripts regarding correct claiments and charges; Its just getting my head around making my defence in light of this information. Thanks again

Comment

Re: kivster v parking eye

kivsterdef.rtf

I used the signs from http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?...ic=88955&st=25 as i think they are likely the correct ones.

M1

Comment

Hi M1.... Many thanks. I will look through and I hope to keep any further queries to a minimum. Thanks again for your time put to this. I will keep you informed with regard to out come.

AN

Comment

Hi well submitted my defence..... had a reply - ParkingEye wishes to proceed with county court claim together with a 53 page defence..... not sure how to proceed. Almost to the point to seeing if they will settle out of court. If I do this do i contact tehm via the enforement@parkingeye.co.uk address as trying to find a telephone number has drawn a blank. Shoulld I be careful in my request to settle .i.e. right and wrong ways of wording things, do i include circumstance leading to not providing valid parking ticket?

Thanks

Andy

Comment

I would urge you not to settle but you must do what is correct for you. They'll probably settle for £50 although i believe £20 has been achieved by at least one person. Try low and move higher would be my advice.

You could use email or http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...185#post412185

Just don't admit anything and don't appear desperate or they'll pounce.

M1

Comment

If you feel you need to settle I would advise you wait till you receive court allocation.
                At that point the court invites you to use their mediation service.
                It is free and is done over the telephone. You do not actually speak to PE.
                If you contact them now they will know you are wanting to give in and play on it accordingly.
                I'm actually in court on Friday for my daughter with these people, and would not give in to them, but you must do what is best for you

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I am worried about standing my ground in court against someone who is trained and deals with this daily. I also cannot help thinking that as I did not buy a ticket then I do not have much to defend (except the pre-estimate of loss). It was more of circumstance than deliberate non-payment. i.e. went to see the sea with the kids..... ended up buying coffee, hot chocolates etc (the cafe of which is owned by the same people who employ parkingeye - £8 by the way - thinking that the parking attendant would move me on in my ignorance of not knowing the carpark was camera managed.

So waiting for the court allocation is better than contacting PE direct if I pursue settlement (just thinking that if I did then this will be a good reflection if they did not want to settle and it ended up in court anyway.

Last bits:

If corresponding to PE do I head the letter "without prejudice"
                  How long does it take to recieve the court allocation from receipt of PE's Notice to Proceed"

Many thanks

Comment

Between PE's "Notice to proceed" to Notice of allocation was about 5-6 weeks, but included Christmas & New Year.
                    I would not correspond with PE.
                    There is no need for you to talk directly to these shysters.

Not buying a ticket does not give them the right to shedloads of money. Don't let them make you feel guilty.

Just follow Mystery's advice and you'll be fine.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                    See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                    X