• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Your Genworth letters please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Your Genworth letters please

It is wonderful, that we are here for each other.Together, with joint forces we will expose those companies for what they are. This shameful tactics cannot continue for much longer.Vx

Comment

Hi,
      I would just like to say that I also made a complaint to Genworth for miss selling of PPI on a Debenhams and New Look card,
      I had the generic response also refusing my complaint

I write with reference to your recent correspondence to our office.
      I have completed my review of this which included a copy of the Final Response letter you received from Santander.I note that Santander have advised that your policy was not mis-sold.Santander inform me that this decision was reached because there is insufficient evidence to support your allegation that your payment protection policy was mis-sold.

The evidence available to me indicates that you were made aware of the main terms and conditions of the PPI policy, including any exclusions and limitations that would have applied. You were also provided with sufficient information upon which to make an informed choice to take this cover. The PPI policy could have been cancelled, within the first 30 days, or at any time since, if it was decided that this cover was no longer suitable.

Having reviewed your file in full and considering all of the information available to me, I must agree with the decision
      which Santander Cards has arrived at. I know how disappointing it is when a complaint is unsuccessful and I am sorry that my response cannot be more positive, however I trust my explanation clarifies the reasons for our decision.
      This represents the final stage in our complaints process. If you remain dissatisfied, you are free to pursue the matter with the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months of the date of this letter. The enclosed leaflet provides further information on how to pursue your complaint, if appropriate.Yours sincerely,

That is a copy of the response I have had.
      Is there anything else that we can do?
      Oh and I forgot to add they haven't even sent me the letter in the post I have only received it by e mail despite e mailing and phoning them to ask for a paper copy, I have just e mailed them again to ask for a copy.
      Thanks
      Sammy

Comment

Originally posted by sammyg1971 View Post
        Hi,
        I would just like to say that I also made a complaint to Genworth for miss selling of PPI on a Debenhams and New Look card,
        I had the generic response also refusing my complaint

I have completed my review of this which included a copy of the Final Response letter you received from Santander.I note that Santander have advised that your policy was not mis-sold.Santander inform me that this decision was reached because there is insufficient evidence to support your allegation that your payment protection policy was mis-sold.

The evidence available to me indicates that you were made aware of the main terms and conditions of the PPI policy, including any exclusions and limitations that would have applied. You were also provided with sufficient information upon which to make an informed choice to take this cover. The PPI policy could have been cancelled, within the first 30 days, or at any time since, if it was decided that this cover was no longer suitable.

Having reviewed your file in full and considering all of the information available to me, I must agree with the decision
        which Santander Cards has arrived at. I know how disappointing it is when a complaint is unsuccessful and I am sorry that my response cannot be more positive, however I trust my explanation clarifies the reasons for our decision.
        This represents the final stage in our complaints process. If you remain dissatisfied, you are free to pursue the matter with the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months of the date of this letter. The enclosed leaflet provides further information on how to pursue your complaint, if appropriate.Yours sincerely,

That is a copy of the response I have had.
        Is there anything else that we can do?
        Oh and I forgot to add they haven't even sent me the letter in the post I have only received it by e mail despite e mailing and phoning them to ask for a paper copy, I have just e mailed them again to ask for a copy.
        Thanks
        Sammy
        Hi Sammy and welcome

Wording a complaint to the underwriter/insurer is important, but if you wish I can pm you my letter, there you will note the wording.
        Ask them to review and take into account your latest letter (that I will pm to you if you wish) let me know. Cheers x

Comment

Hi Di, I would really appreciate it if you could PM me the letter plz,
          Thankyou very much
          Sammy :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Not a problem will pm you shortly and if you wish address it to them and if you have details of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) Manager as well may help x

Comment

Sammy, have pm'd you honey x

Comment

Hi there

i want o claim back ppi from a debenhams card i had i am right in thinking i need to contcat Genworth???

If so does anyone have any template letters or am i better off doing it through a company if they are fobbing people off???
                a
                ll new to this

thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by WILKO View Post
                  Hi there

i want o claim back ppi from a debenhams card i had i am right in thinking i need to contcat Genworth???

If so does anyone have any template letters or am i better off doing it through a company if they are fobbing people off???
                  a
                  ll new to this

thanks in advance
                  Hi there

At first do pursue Santander but keep at them, if they reject then go to the Manager (Chief Executive officer), if you check on the other thread amongst these ppi threads you will come across "your experience with Santander", you should also ask at the same time for details of your underwriter for your policy in case its not genworth but its highly likely it is.
                  Santander deals with Debenhams complaints so do try them first, keep us posted and then if needs be, pm me for letter to send to underwriter.

Good luck.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Hi Wilko,

Di is absolutely right.

Just in case, the link to our special Santander thread is:

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...from-Santander

Best of luck,

Victoria

Comment

Hello Everyone,
                      I have been pursuing Santander with regard to Debenhams Gold Account taken out by my wife in 1993.
                      I have received what appears to be standard fob off leter from Santander and have now taken the matter to Genworth.
                      A couple of weeks after writing she has received a letter today stating that "they were awaiting for further advice from the FOS with regards to claims such as hers and are now in a position to contact the provider to obtain details of premiums made etc, they will be in touch again within 5 weeks.
                      Has anyone else received such a letter? which without getting hopes up too much does sound somewhat positive?
                      Thanks for any help/comments.

Comment

Hi Walkerford,

sounds pretty good to me. As far as I can figure Genworth did pay out claims, as the underwriter, up until about last December. Then they stopped; maybe they just got too many. So it would be wonderful, if they got a "direction to pay out".

best of luck,

:beagle:

Comment

Originally posted by walkerford View Post
                          Hello Everyone,
                          I have been pursuing Santander with regard to Debenhams Gold Account taken out by my wife in 1993.
                          I have received what appears to be standard fob off leter from Santander and have now taken the matter to Genworth.
                          A couple of weeks after writing she has received a letter today stating that "they were awaiting for further advice from the FOS with regards to claims such as hers and are now in a position to contact the provider to obtain details of premiums made etc, they will be in touch again within 5 weeks.
                          Has anyone else received such a letter? which without getting hopes up too much does sound somewhat positive?
                          Thanks for any help/comments.
                          Hi and welcome
                          Hopefully some good news will come out of this, please let us know, fingers crossed.

Myself and some others were successful going via the Genworth route, but it appears the business failed a lot of others who tried to reclaim this way from December, but maybe things are changing again, the fact that the FOS suggest this avenue if all else fails etc, its a related company who had/has connections with the broker/lending company who underwrites the insurances, so do have come joint involved liabilities.

Keeping everything crossed x

Comment

My wife has today received 2 identical letters , re her Debenhams gold card and BHS card from Genworth. The letters are identical it would seem to others received by other members, the letter is posted below!

Dear

Account

I have completed a review of this which included a copy of the final response letter you received from Santander Cards.

I note Santander Cards advised that your policy was not mis sold.
                            Santander Cards inform me that this decision was received because there is unsufficient evidence to support your allegation that your payment protection policy was mis sold.

The evidence available to me indicate that you were made aware of the main terms and conditions of the PPI Policy, including any exclusions and limitations that would have applied. You were provided with sufficient information upon which to make an informed choice to take this cover. The PPI policy could have been cancelled within 30 days, or at any time since, if it was decided that the cover was no longer available.

Having reviewed your file in full and considering all the information available to me, I must agree with the decision made by Santander Cards arrived at.

i know how disappointing it is when the complaint is unsuccessful and I am sorry that my response cannot be more positive, however I trust my explantion clarifies the reasons for our decision.

This represents the final stage in our complaints process. If you remain dissatified, you are free to pursue the matter with the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months of the date of this letter. The enclosed leaflet provides further information on how to pursue your complaint if appropriate.

Yours sincerely

Customer Complaints Department.

it is very clear they have given no consideration at all to the complaint and have just issued a generic response.
                            i would appreciate advice as to how to pursue matters further , do I simply go to FOS or complain that there response is not a response!
                            Also should I send further correspondence to Santander? I had originally just thought there rejection was final but having read here further , think perhaps I should seek to take it further?
                            if anyone has a suggested letter to Genworth I would greatly appreciate it.
                            all the best Nigel

.................................................. .................................................. .....................

They are the same as Santander and just doing what they are doing! So basically if Santander reject, no matter if you have the proof or not, it seems that "G" will just follow and do the same.

Comment

Originally posted by walkerford View Post
                              My wife has today received 2 identical letters , re her Debenhams gold card and BHS card from Genworth. The letters are identical it would seem to others received by other members, the letter is posted below!

Dear

Account

I have completed a review of this which included a copy of the final response letter you received from Santander Cards.

I note Santander Cards advised that your policy was not mis sold.
                              Santander Cards inform me that this decision was received because there is unsufficient evidence to support your allegation that your payment protection policy was mis sold.

The evidence available to me indicate that you were made aware of the main terms and conditions of the PPI Policy, including any exclusions and limitations that would have applied. You were provided with sufficient information upon which to make an informed choice to take this cover. The PPI policy could have been cancelled within 30 days, or at any time since, if it was decided that the cover was no longer available.

Having reviewed your file in full and considering all the information available to me, I must agree with the decision made by Santander Cards arrived at.

i know how disappointing it is when the complaint is unsuccessful and I am sorry that my response cannot be more positive, however I trust my explantion clarifies the reasons for our decision.

This represents the final stage in our complaints process. If you remain dissatified, you are free to pursue the matter with the Financial Ombudsman Service within 6 months of the date of this letter. The enclosed leaflet provides further information on how to pursue your complaint if appropriate.

Yours sincerely

Customer Complaints Department.

it is very clear they have given no consideration at all to the complaint and have just issued a generic response.
                              i would appreciate advice as to how to pursue matters further , do I simply go to FOS or complain that there response is not a response!
                              Also should I send further correspondence to Santander? I had originally just thought there rejection was final but having read here further , think perhaps I should seek to take it further?
                              if anyone has a suggested letter to Genworth I would greatly appreciate it.
                              all the best Nigel

.................................................. .................................................. .....................

They are the same as Santander and just doing what they are doing! So basically if Santander reject, no matter if you have the proof or not, it seems that "G" will just follow and do the same.
                              Hi there

Yes it looks generic.

If you wish to see a copy of my letter to Genworth please message me, its all to do with the wording of the complaint.:tinysmile_twink_t2: I would not give up as yet, there are still avenues to try but see my letter and go from there.

Cheers
                              Di

Comment

Hi Di
                                I've read your many helpful posts. I believe I need to contact genworth ( telephoned Earlier and not answering ) to make a claim for principles card ! Please could you guide me with that to write ? Many thanks ,Lou

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X