• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Over £149 million to be repaid by lenders ref CCA failings post contractual info

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Over £149 million to be repaid by lenders ref CCA failings post contractual info

Spoke to the adjudicator at FOS yesterday.
    Somehow they claim that my complaint should have been dealt with by the " parent" bank ( BOS).
    I mentioned this latest development and they claimed not to know about it.
    She also seemed to know less than I did about the CCA act!
    In this particular case I have asked for it to be reviwed by the Ombudsman.
    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

• Re: Over £149 million to be repaid by lenders ref CCA failings post contractual info

Originally posted by Tools View Post
      Shut it you Mrs, his surname was theo.......(greek) I got confused

Di, when it moves over to FCA I will try again to get the list and try find out the time scales, worth a shot but doubt they will disclose.
      Ahh!!1!!!!!!!!!!! Confuscious says!

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
        Lol, that could be anything xx What is it headed?
        Sorry did i not respond to this?

Not exactly headed with anything, but just a statement issued May 2010, that just shows the reductions made and interest etc lol.
        I have a few different versions.

Comment

No further news on this yet please folks?

No letter for me yet anyway lol x

Comment

Yes... eagerly awaiting further developments especially on confirmation of who the offending institutions are.

Meanwhile, I too am sceptical about how eager or diligent the banks are about informing us. Luckily I have cause to write to Sainsbury's bank about a clear mistakes on a statement (makes mention of CCA in the intro - annual statement I think) following on from paying agreed monthly payments having been in default.

One of the obvious problems with the statement is that it is missing 3 payments. In telephone conversations they admit that the payments have been made, but they are eager to leave it at that and at least initially reluctant on confirming the mistake in writing. They have subsequently informed me that they are sending out a reply, but in further conversations it seems that it is just a general apology with an offer of £20 for my troubles. I am trying to keep it amicable so I respectfully declined the offer pending a proper response to my original letter of enquiry about the missing payments. I should point out that at one point I paid off half the outstanding arrears in one go which was knocking around in their accounting system for some months without being accounted for - I raised this matter too. In the light of these events I asked them to review notification, etc in view of things I heard in the press recently on CCA mistakes.

They now ask me to send in the offending Arrears statement pointing out the missed payments. I am happy to do that, but I wonder why they haven't got a copy themselves!

I am interested what others think about this and how I can probe a bit further in the response I am about to write furnishing them with the arrears statement. Do they already breach the CCA? Do I have to pay anything more until the beach (if there is one) is rectified? Any other thoughts?

Comment

As its been over a month since this matter came about, does anyone know if anyone has received any payouts or letters about this one yet?

Comment

Not yet! Typical Banks really isnt it, quick enough to slap charges on you but when they get it wrong it takes ages.:target:
                Last edited by dogtired; 16th April 2014, 19:55:PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

With almost 2 months on since this one been broadcasted with the OFT, anyone heard if anybody has heard of payments/refunds being made yet?

Comment

No Di, you already know about my Barclay one but don't think that is the same.

Comment

Hi All
                      Have I missed postings on this one has anyone received any letters with regard to the failings I haven`t but I am sure I should
                      What`s the next move

Comment

Not heard anything further in this to be honest.

Hopefully someone will know the next move, but you know what its like, the banks are quick enough chasing us, but when it comes to paying out its another matter lol.....:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Just bumping up this one.....:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Not heard much more on this, maybe none of mine were included then lol, but am curious to find out if anyone been repaid yet in regards of this subject??

Comment

Do you know if HFC Bank and Welcome Finance were included in the companies who breached the CCA 1974?

Comment

Nice surprise
                              Returned from hols at the weekend to a letter from HSBC informing me that they would be refunding £104.63 interest to my account by close of business on 19th October re a loan I took out in 2010

Comment

Daughter and son both received same letters from hsbc a couple of days ago! Daugter being refunded almost £400 and son £700 +

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X