• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HSBC professional mismanagement.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSBC professional mismanagement.

Hi,

i have aver two complaints lodged with hsbc at the moment and would like advice on the best plan of attack

firstly I have a complaint filed with the F.S.A against one of their mortgage managers, who after a failed mortgage application, suggested closing my main Santander account down and transferring all my banking to them. This was to help raise my internal credit rating, then wait for 3-6 mths and re apply.

I did this reapplied and got turned down flat.

Skip Forward 18 mths and I'm still getting rejected by every lender, turns out I had an incorrect default from before the time I closed my santander account down.

im going for Professional mismanagement, against the mortgage manager. As she made no effort to let me know which CRA companies they use, and to check them all out.

I printed out experian and equifax and they were clear. But I had never heard of Callcredit and they weren't mentioned, however they were searched.

secondly I my last HSBC mortgage turned down this Jan. And subsequently I went to a mortgage advisor who found out about the default on call credit. This has now been removed and I called HSBC to reappraise my mortgage application manually.

the mortgage department flatly refused to manually do it and recommended I wait 6 mths until all the searches I had done recently cleared. I kept asking for the application to be sent to the underwriters to assess instead of the computerised score. But as I said they said they weren't able to do it.

then last night I read D.P.A part 2 section 12 giving me the right to a manual check.

i have lodged a complaint with HSBC and am awaiting to hear from someone.

has anybody had any luck with scenarios like this and am I missing any points of law?

cheers

Rick.
    Tags: None

Re: HSBC professional mismanagement.

Did they say re apply and you will get the Mortgage?

Comment

To be very very pedantic, section 12 specifically states that the request is made in writing and NOT on the phone so the question I ask was whether you followed that phone call up with a specific written request, under section 12 paragraph 1?

Have you given them IN WRITING notice that they have 21 days to review their decision(that bit is under paragraph 2?

The reason I said that is that you appear to have SPOKEN and not WRITTEN to them to ask that decision to be done.

Can you post up excluding your personal details their response to your WRITTEN request?
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Hi,

No. I don't know of anyone who would say that, you can never get to speak to the underwriters. The erroneous default might not have been he only problem, but I believe I should of been informed I could have applied in writing to have a manual credit check, not to be fobbed off by being told they could not do that and I had to be credit scored via the computer.
        Last edited by Rickmaudib; 19th March 2014, 07:58:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X