• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Xena v Severn Trent **SETTLED**

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xena v Severn Trent **SETTLED**

Well, well, had a nice surprise in the post today! Severn Trent have issued a claim against us for 2 missed payments! 123.00!!!

Right don't have a lot of info on this.

Right basically I was arguing with them that we had paid it all. They sent me a statement but was for the year before *sigh*

Had one letter saying we owed 123.00 but in no way was it a LBA.

Anyway now have to pay 196.58 which is made up of 8%, 15.00 court fee and 50.00 solicitor's costs.

Am annoyed about it but no doubt Hubby will pay it..

Another thing I have not had POC off them!!!!

I know, I know I have been on charges sites for a while, just got very slack lately!!!
    Last edited by Xena; 30th January 2008, 10:52:AM.

Re: Xena v Severn Trent

You must have a POC Xe - the front of the N1 from Northampton.

Severn trent seem to have a history of court claims after a couple missed payments, and their pre court procedures are a bit lapsidasical.

thought this might be of interest to you as well - from the Guardian.
    My fiancé received a county court claim in May for not paying a Severn Trent water bill in March, adding £70 in legal fees to the £91 owing.
    But we did not receive a bill, reminder or final warning. He has a good payment record. Why is Severn Trent treating us this way?
    AB, Nottingham
    A county court claim after just two months is harsh, although legal. He might have been abroad, or in hospital. But water companies have a monopoly, so they have no incentive to treat customers well. Severn Trent says it is impossible you could have failed to notice the two reminders it claims to have sent in March.

It admits it does not phone customers before a court claim. It has been criticised for this by the Consumer Council for Water (CCW).
    Despite several calls Severn Trent refuses to refund the court fees. Your best hope now is a complaint to CCW at ccwater.org.uk or call 0845 0392837.
    The only bright spot is that as he has paid the claim within 30 days, it will not affect his credit rating.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 30th January 2008, 11:19:AM.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thanks Ame, we will pay it. However, have been on the phone to them and played holy hell...they hopefully will knock off the 50.00 lawyer fee!!!

Comment

Right, this one is finished! Paid them what I owed minus the court and lawyer costs, which Severn Trent waived!! :rolleyes:

Comment

Well done sugar plum xxxx
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Xena View Post
            Right, this one is finished! Paid them what I owed minus the court and lawyer costs, which Severn Trent waived!! :rolleyes:
            Nice one Xe :roll:

Comment

Well done Xe

You want the title changed??

PKea

Comment

Of course Peeky. But I didn't win anything..just merely got them to waive the charges!!!

Comment

Re: Xena v Severn Trent **SETTLED**

Going on from the above. Had the new bill for this year, normally I pay monthly but this bill is in two instalments! Phoned them up and they said it is because they had a claim against me! So blinking what! Up to me how I choose to pay it.

Am flipping annoyed to say the least.

Comment

Hi Xena,

I think you have the right to pay in monthly instalment and I would advise you to write to the water company and threaten that you are going to report them to The Consumer Council for Water, they are the watch dogs for complaint about water company billings. here is the link to the online complaints form.
                    If you have any enquiries E-mail them enquiries@ccwater.org.uk.

Best wishes,
                    Hod..Liam..
                    Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

It beggers belief what these people think that they can get away with. Just hope it's right you can pay monthly. Enaid x

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X