• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stop by police during routine check baliff took my pco reg.taxi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Stop by police during routine check baliff took my pco reg.taxi

After w3atching Parking Mad, I feel the police and Whyte & Co showed themselves in a very bad light, as the bailiff made a comment regarding getting to the vehiicle keys before someone could drive off, it was a black Corsa with a very irate lady. had she hit the central locking panic button and licked the doors and driven off it begs the question Would the police radio the index number for an APB (to use a Yankee term),or give chase to stop her? If they did this would the chase and subsequent stop and possible arrest be lawful? What a can of worms.

Comment

Would any offence be committed if the driver simply drove away from the bailiffs?

Comment

Originally posted by glacier View Post
        Would any offence be committed if the driver simply drove away from the bailiffs?
        As the stop is for a purely civil debt, with no actual crime, I wouldn't think so. I do consider plod would be silly enough to initiate a chase though.

Comment

But BB this is the Bailiffs private police force it seems that way now!

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
            But BB this is the Bailiffs private police force it seems that way now!
            Which is why plod may be silly enough to initiate a high speed chase if someone drove away, if the police car caused an accident in pursuit, and the real facts came out there would be a public outcry, as they were pursuing a vehicle that no criminal offence could be attributed to the driver. Wonder what bluebottle's take is on this one?

Comment

Think he will be disgusted and a lot more

Comment

Think he will be disgusted and a lot more
                There is a danger that a gung ho copper would initiate a high speed chase to aprenend the criminal, oops civil debtor....
                I agree BB may well be disgusted, but I'm sure complaints would have to be made to the appropriate authotities.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                  There is a danger that a gung ho copper would initiate a high speed chase to aprenend the criminal, oops civil debtor...
                  Agreed - if this trend continues, it is only a matter of time before some clown in uniform takes off after the debtor, forces them to stop, drags them from the car, assaults them (perhaps even tasers them), and finally arrests them ... for nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
                    Agreed - if this trend continues, it is only a matter of time before some clown in uniform takes off after the debtor, forces them to stop, drags them from the car, assaults them (perhaps even tasers them), and finally arrests them ... for nothing.
                    That is as long as the copper hasn't mown down pedestrians on a pelican as he speeds after the Non criminal in a high speed blues & twos pursuit.

Comment

That is as long as the copper hasn't mown down pedestrians on a pelican as he speeds after the Non criminal in a high speed blues & twos pursuit.
                      Obviously, the Metropolitan Police are finding that pelicans are more fuel-efficient and cheaper to run than cars and vans. :grin:
                      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Bluebottle just read your post to the sound of police sirens do they have them on pelicans?

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
                          That has echoes of the idiot who tasered someone soaked in lighter fuel and caused their death from third degree burns after the electrical discharge from the taser ignited it.

Comment

Bluebottle just read your post to the sound of police sirens do they have them on pelicans?
                            I believe the pelican has its own built-in horn, activated by squeezing the bird's throat.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                              Obviously, the Metropolitan Police are finding that pelicans are more fuel-efficient and cheaper to run than cars and vans. :grin:
                              A bit unfortunate if the copper loses their grip and falls off the pelican

But seriously it is a dangerous game the MET play with these bailiffs, and indeed if someone drove off and police initiated a high speed chase to catch them and it went wrong it would not look good as no crime had been committed.

Comment

There is a danger that a gung ho copper would initiate a high speed chase to aprenend the criminal, oops civil debtor....
                                I agree BB may well be disgusted, but I'm sure complaints would have to be made to the appropriate authotities.
                                I would think the IPCC would take a dim view of it, BB. A police officer setting off in pursuit of someone for a civil debt would be unlawful as well as endangering the public.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X