• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Stop by police during routine check baliff took my pco reg.taxi

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Stop by police during routine check baliff took my pco reg.taxi

Do you know what BB, even though it is very serious about the kiddie fiddling as you put it, I have myself wondered if the timing of the announcement of this enquiry was such as to divert attention from other things. A report that supposedly went missing years ago and now they want to look into it, maybe I am cynical but it just seems strange because to the general public it probably come out of the blue. I am sure there are people who have been campaigning for an enquiry but it certainly wasn't main street news until the govt started on about it which just makes me feel its diversionary.

Comment

Originally posted by meellis View Post
      Do you know what BB, even though it is very serious about the kiddie fiddling as you put it, I have myself wondered if the timing of the announcement of this enquiry was such as to divert attention from other things. A report that supposedly went missing years ago and now they want to look into it, maybe I am cynical but it just seems strange because to the general public it probably come out of the blue. I am sure there are people who have been campaigning for an enquiry but it certainly wasn't main street news until the govt started on about it which just makes me feel its diversionary.
      You are right about the politicians using the paedophile issues as a distraction, Meellis, but a great deal of pressure is being brought to bear on corrupt civil servants, police officers, judges and others who have been keeping it covered up.

Notwithstanding, there are campaigners, many of them victims of abuse themselves, who through sheer guts and determination to see justice done, as well as prevent children falling victim to paedophiles, are bringing the subject of Establishment paedophiles into the public arena and the politicians and Establishment have finally realised it is not going to go away and the calls for justice will only get louder and louder. What those involved in the abuse (including those who have kept it covered up) fear the most is exposure.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
        You are right about the politicians using the paedophile issues as a distraction, Meellis, but a great deal of pressure is being brought to bear on corrupt civil servants, police officers, judges and others who have been keeping it covered up.

Notwithstanding, there are campaigners, many of them victims of abuse themselves, who through sheer guts and determination to see justice done, as well as prevent children falling victim to paedophiles, are bringing the subject of Establishment paedophiles into the public arena and the politicians and Establishment have finally realised it is not going to go away and the calls for justice will only get louder and louder. What those involved in the abuse (including those who have kept it covered up) fear the most is exposure.
        Just as the MET, Whyte & Co, etc want to keep a lid on it, Parking Mad was the double edged sword that cut them.

Comment

I always make a post and then have doubts about whether it is seen in the context it was meant. For those who might be wondering I consider paedophilia as extremely serious and everything should be done to expose any perpetrators and parking, speeding and any other financial crimes pale into insignificance alongside crimes like this. I am well aware of the boys home scandals that have been bubbling around and of course the supposed involvement of high ranking officials which seriously needs investigating. What I just felt was strange was big announcements of inquiries usually follow a week or two of intense journalistic pressure yet this one came out of the blue as in there was no pressure from the journalists at that point which has just made me feel that they released this inquiry to divert attention.

Comment

Originally posted by meellis View Post
            I always make a post and then have doubts about whether it is seen in the context it was meant. For those who might be wondering I consider paedophilia as extremely serious and everything should be done to expose any perpetrators and parking, speeding and any other financial crimes pale into insignificance alongside crimes like this. I am well aware of the boys home scandals that have been bubbling around and of course the supposed involvement of high ranking officials which seriously needs investigating. What I just felt was strange was big announcements of inquiries usually follow a week or two of intense journalistic pressure yet this one came out of the blue as in there was no pressure from the journalists at that point which has just made me feel that they released this inquiry to divert attention.
            don't worry meelis, I agree with you, they will always try to trump something that can affect all with the nasty misdemeanors and crimes of the few, to stop the sheeple realising they are being decieved.

Comment

I always ask police if they are standing on their oath, or are they working for a corporate company.
              I ask this before I answer any questions or give any statement.
              They must tell you this, it is your right.
              The police will confirm that they are standing on their oath.
              I also get my phone out and tell them I am recording the whole thing.
              Believe it or not, this in most cases works a treat.
              The police are then put on the spot.
              I also ask why they are stopping me from lawfully travelling along the Queen's highway.
              The other bit of advice after doing this, is to stay in your car, no matter what police or bailiffs tell you.
              It is very unlikely that the police will arrest you, especially as they think you are recording it.
              They can only arrest you for an arrestable offence.
              Sitting in your car is not an arrestable offence.
              Bailiffs must give you the required seven days notice before seizing goods.
              The only exception is if the court orders a shorter time.
              It is almost 100% certain that the court hasn't ordered this.
              The police and bailiffs would not have known you was on that road at that time.
              Also they cannot seize tools of your trade.
              If you are a taxi driver, then a taxi is an obvious tool of your trade.
              “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Hi all just recieved notice that my car will be returned.
                i have to thank Ron Clark of fair parking. And Sheila. (Aka milo)
                ron has been a great help. Milo thank you very very much.
                paul

Comment

Great news Paul.........
                  Really glad to hear that
                  “The only man who sticks closer to you in adversity more than a friend, is a creditor.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeneyblue View Post
                    Hi all just recieved notice that my car will be returned.
                    i have to thank Ron Clark of fair parking. And Sheila. (Aka milo)
                    ron has been a great help. Milo thank you very very much.
                    paul
                    This is excellent news and all due credit to Ron and Sheila. What prompted the return of your vehicle?

Comment

I believe there may be an announcement by the Metropolitan Police regarding this shortly, or that we may see the continuation on the cessation of these joint operations. This is only what I have heard, so should not be taken as official.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombats View Post
                        I believe there may be an announcement by the Metropolitan Police regarding this shortly, or that we may see the continuation on the cessation of these joint operations. This is only what I have heard, so should not be taken as official.
                        I suspect there will be a large number of vehicles the civil enforcement companies unlawfully seized during these operations being returned or recovered. Failing this, the civil enforcement companies involved are going to have to shell out for replacement vehicles. Don't forget, any monies they extracted during these operations will need to be repaid, plus compensation. I would not be surprised if this put one or more of them in a precarious position financially, if not, put them out of business. If the company cannot meet the cost, then the directors and shareholders should pay. There is no way we, the taxpayers, should indemnify private companies for unlawful behaviour whilst purportedly acting for public authorities.

Comment

Paul's vehicle is currently on it's way back to him as we speak (hopefully cleaned and with the engine charged!!)

'Fair Parking' contacted me a few days ago as Paul had received copies of all statutory notices from Newlyn. Despite the fact that Paul's vehicle had been taken before 6th April (and thereby subject to the 'old' regulations) the copy documents provided by Newlyn's were all those featured under the new regulations (The Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013).

One crucial document was the 'Notice of Sale'. If it had not been for the fact that this 'seizure' has taken place before 6th April the form would have been considered to have been very well completed indeed given that it provided a 'valuation' of the estimated auction price. A statutory reguirement under the new regulations. The 'valuation' was given as £1080.

Under the new regulations a vehicle that is deemed a 'Tool of the Trade' is considered "exempt" if it's aggregate value is below £1,350. The Notice of Sale confirmed the value as being £1080 which is £270 below the exemption figure. Newlyn made an error by reproducing copies of the statutory notices onto the new forms and they accept that this was their mistake. Interestingly, this very same situation has been found in 5 other cases this week alone (with other companies).

Newlyn agreed with me that their error meant that Paul's car should be returned immediately. All bailiff fees have naturally been written off.

Paul has already issued a Formal Complaint against the police force and that matter is ongoing.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo View Post
                            Paul's vehicle is currently on it's way back to him as we speak (hopefully cleaned and with the engine charged!!)

'Fair Parking' contacted me a few days ago as Paul had received copies of all statutory notices from Newlyn. Despite the fact that Paul's vehicle had been taken before 6th April (and thereby subject to the 'old' regulations) the copy documents provided by Newlyn's were all those featured under the new regulations (The Taking Control of Goods Regulations 2013).

One crucial document was the 'Notice of Sale'. If it had not been for the fact that this 'seizure' has taken place before 6th April the form would have been considered to have been very well completed indeed given that it provided a 'valuation' of the estimated auction price. A statutory reguirement under the new regulations. The 'valuation' was given as £1080.

Under the new regulations a vehicle that is deemed a 'Tool of the Trade' is considered "exempt" if it's aggregate value is below £1,350. The Notice of Sale confirmed the value as being £1080 which is £270 below the exemption figure. Newlyn made an error by reproducing copies of the statutory notices onto the new forms and they accept that this was their mistake. Interestingly, this very same situation has been found in 5 other cases this week alone (with other companies).

Newlyn agreed with me that their error meant that Paul's car should be returned immediately. All bailiff fees have naturally been written off.

Paul has already issued a Formal Complaint against the police force and that matter is ongoing.
                            Whilst I am pleased for Paul and pleased that yourself and Ron worked hard to achieve a just outcome for Paul, Milo, Newlyns must know, themselves, that what they did was unlawful ab initio. Regardless of any waiver of bailiff fees, which Newlyns would not be entitled to claim in any case, due to their unlawful actions, they should be made to reimburse Paul with all loss of earnings and his costs without argument and without delay.

I am waiting to see how much it costs the civil enforcement companies involved in these roadside operations, in financial terms, when the guano hits the ceiling fan. There is no way the taxpayer should indemnify them and the directors and shareholders should take a hit financially, if not, made to bear the full costs.

EDIT: I have just noticed that Newlyns made entries on statutory notices that were misleading as to material facts. This is very serious. I would suggest that the Metropolitan Police would do well, by way of redress, to take firm action against Newlyn, the company, and those within Newlyn responsible for the recording of misleading facts on the statutory notices. The MPS should also seize other paperwork and have it formally scrutinised. Newlyn have been getting away with things like this for too long. In the real world, you only get away with such behaviour for so long before it all goes Pete Tong. This may well be Newlyn's comeuppance and it won't be a moment too soon if it is.
                            Last edited by bluebottle; 25th July 2014, 17:36:PM.

Comment

Newlyn made an error by reproducing copies of the statutory notices onto the new forms and they accept that this was their mistake.

Bloody hell........ Miracles do happen

Comment

Bluebottle.

Just so that you are aware, there is a lot going on in the 'background' regarding these 'Roadside Operations'. They are currently suspended and my own thoughts are that they will not be reinstated. I hope that I am not proved wrong.

In any event there would need to be an amendment made to legislation which would not be possible until at least October given that Parliament is now in 'recess'. It would be most doubtful in any event for any amendment to be made when Parliament returns as there is just a very short 'window'. Realistically, any change to legislation would not be possible until April and with the forthcoming election this would not be something that would go down well with electors.

The MPS wrong perfectly well that there are some difficult times ahead and bailfif companies companies and local authorities know that the same (if not worse) applies to them.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X