• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Police & Bailiffs and HMCTS Forced Entry Policy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Police & Bailiffs and HMCTS Forced Entry Policy

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
    The arrogance that comes with 'Leading beyond authority', perhaps.
    That wouldn't surprise me, Enquirer.
    Last edited by bluebottle; 11th April 2014, 08:11:AM. Reason: Must go to Specsavers!
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
      The arrogance that comes with 'Leading beyond authority', perhaps.
      Absolutely enquirer, but one day when it affects one of them they will come bleating to us for help.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
        Have to agree Sir Vere, but that still does not excvuse any undue duress the likes of Marston put on for say £5 owing before they add their fees., just as the do if they are enforcing a LO obtained for a penny that is now £400 due entirely to fees.
        The whole thing is computerized, it is not Marston or Collectica or Bailiffs"R"us that decides what to do when to do it.

The new legislation can not be any clearer, once the warrant of control is issued to the Enforcement Agent/Agency and the letter goes out to the debtor telling them that as of now all your possessions are Controlled Goods and if you do not contact the sender to arrange payment a field agent will visit your premises with the intention of removing your goods, £75 is added to the debt.

By the way, over 50% of warrants are paid at letter stage.

When the warrant is then passed to Field Agent, the moment that they knock on the door another £235 is added.

As I have written in previous posts, 75%+ of the warrants issued to a Field Agent are unworkable because the debtor has moved on, the remaining 25% or less have the most bizarre excuses like "I thought it was a scam, like when you get emails from the Tax Office to tell you that you have a rebate".

Years ago, when I was an employee of HMCTS Kent, I turned up at a very posh house just outside Maidstone, with a warant for a non payment of a speeding fine.

I met with the debtor, a gentleman in his 50's who admitted he did not pay the fine and as sure as the sun rises in the morning he was not going to pay me either.

I questioned his reasons and he said: "The police admitted that they had to reach speeds of over 120 mph to catch me, the Magistrate fined me and not them.....it's the usual scam, one law for one and one law for the other!"

He was not tooo pleased when the towtruck removed his Porche.
        The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

Sir Vere, that was my point, the system generates the LO warrant or whatever, with little human intervention so silly ones like a penny slip through, and no that is not the Enforcement companies fault, they do what they are told.

Comment

It seems to be agreed by all that the system is not fit for the job.

Every debtor has an income be it Earnings Benefits of Pension it should be possible that money owed is taken from the income of the debtor before it reaches them or is that to easy Problem this would eliminate nice little earners for Bailiffs but would stop the rogue element in the industry .

We are in the 21st Century with all the Technology available we must find a way to change the process lets move away from a system that allows a private company to profit from debts owed to public authorities the Police Councils ETC.

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
              It seems to be agreed by all that the system is not fit for the job.

Every debtor has an income be it Earnings Benefits of Pension it should be possible that money owed is taken from the income of the debtor before it reaches them or is that to easy Problem this would eliminate nice little earners for Bailiffs but would stop the rogue element in the industry .

We are in the 21st Century with all the Technology available we must find a way to change the process lets move away from a system that allows a private company to profit from debts owed to public authorities the Police Councils ETC.
              Well HMRC are peed off as they are being challenged on their empty the account of debtors rule they want to implement that Gideon hid in the budget, as in unilaterally take money from accounts, allegedly with more than £5K in them but knowing HMRC they will probably empty some pensioners account by mistake that had £500 in there allowing the Eleccy, and gas direct debit to be refused......

But a properly implemented system of attachment that is prtable and easily transportable to changing circumstances is a better way than seize and sell.

Obviously it won't hasppen as the Enforcement Industry and the likes of Crapita have too much clout for our good these days.

Comment

Private profit is the reason it wont change

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                  Private profit is the reason it wont change
                  'fraid so, think bottom line, and companies that appear too big to be left to fail

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                  Working...
                  X