• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

The Funding Corporation and PPI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Funding Corporation and PPI

Finances sorted now trying to reclaim possible PPI. loan was between 2004 and 2008. I have no paperwork but some details from a cra check.Guess first step is a SAR to see if PPI on loan.

Looked at lots of threads on them - in for long haul - eg - not them-a broker, timed out, not mis-sold, not regulated by FSA so FOS can't help, might need to chase underwriter.

Off to write a letter now for sar - would appreciate any help as to specific information I should ask for.
    Would a CCA request help to get details of PPI?
    all help much appreciated
    Tags: None

Re: The Funding Corporation and PPI

Hi there

Yes a CCA should show any details of the PPI and the loan amount.

Do you have a SAR template letter, or would you like us to apply it on this thread for you?

Comment

Thanks Di - would love SAR template letter applied to thread.

Comment

Will dig it out and post it as soon as poss x :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Your Name & Address
          The Data Controller
          [ address ] Date

Dear Sir/Madam,

Data Subject Access Request - Pursuant to the Data Protection Act 1998
          Data Subject:

[ xxx, address as above, and formerly of: ]
          Please supply all data that your company holds relating to my entire account history. Whilst not exhaustive, for the avoidance of doubt I list below what I require:
          o Full and legible copies of all contracts and agreements that have existed between myself and your organisation, including copies of any documents you hold in support of same. This is to include account no. [XXXX]
          o Full and legible copies of all statements relating to the above accounts. This is to include all credits, debits, charges & interest applied to my account(s) including details of any instances that required manual intervention. It is also to include monthly account balances.
          o Full and legible copies of all correspondence, including all letters, faxes, emails and memos sent and received between ourselves, and any other third party in relation to any of the above accounts.
          o Full unedited copies of any telephone recordings and/or transcripts of these recordings as well as any logs or journals that relate to them.
          o Full and legible copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contracts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.
          o Full details and legible copies of any documents upon which you relied when you have provided my personal or financial information to any individual, organisation or third party.
          o Full and legible copies or transcripts of any computer logs or database records kept in relation to myself or in relation to my financial or personal information.
          o Details of all systems you currently have in place to ensure my personal or financial information is kept securely, including details of those officers who currently have control of the same, and at the time it was held or provided to a third party.
          o If any data has been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, reason for deletion, certificates or documents confirming details of destruction. If you are unable to provide such certificates, then I require a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.
          Please be aware that the Data Protection Act 1998 clearly states that all information held must be disclosed and there is no correlation to the Limitation Act 1980 whatsoever. This request therefore lawfully includes any and all data which is older than six years. If you do not hold any data older than 6 years, then I require a signed declaration from your data controller confirming this, and a copy of all documents pertaining to its proper disposal.
          All data - including data held on a microfiche or similar systems - must be provided within 40 days, and if you require a fee for this, then I enclose the maximum statutory fee of £10.00 – which must not be used for any other purpose. If you choose to waive all or part of the fee, then please be aware that you will still have a legal obligation to comply with this request. I thank you in anticipation of a prompt and full response and compliance.

Yours faithfully,

[ Sign ]

[ Print your name ]

Encl: £10.00 fee.

Comment

Brilliant - thanks a bundle

Comment

SAR letter signed for so 40 day clock ticking - will keep you posted on developments.

Comment

been off line lately recovering from operation - all info back and does have ppi on - have worked out value and about to send off. Reading other threads they appear to play hard-ball and refuse to accept it was mis-sold

Comment

Hi Pressandgo,

i have aver just posted on the other Funding Corporation thread. Please have a look at it first, just in case it is any use to you.

best regards,

:beagle:

Comment

Hi L'pool64 - just picked up thread again to action this claim, dropped off for a while. Yes was very useful - letter and FOS form completed - suspect will need to go down the court route to get any joy. Think I have the courage to do this.

Off to PO in morning to post

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X