• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Capital One Default advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capital One Default advice

Hi all, I recently asked the Cap One Exec Office for a copy of my default as I don't seem to have received any of that paperwork. They sent me a "Statement of Default" which doesn't really seem to meet what I've been told is the standard for defaults. So I wanted to ask advice from people that have more knowledge on this stuff than me! I can scan and post the letter if you want? The things it seems to be missing are the bit where they give you 14 days to remedy and there's no mention of it being served under the CCA act as other defaults I've seen seem to have.

Could anyone give advice on this one?

Thank you
    Tags: None

Re: Capital One Default advice

They have given you all they need to it seems, just a record of a date they state they sent it to you, ., with a Default if there was a faulty one they can re-issue another to correct any faulty one, others will no doubt advise you further

Comment

Re: Capital One Default advice

Originally posted by louisemarie View Post
      Hi all, I recently asked the Cap One Exec Office for a copy of my default as I don't seem to have received any of that paperwork. They sent me a "Statement of Default" which doesn't really seem to meet what I've been told is the standard for defaults. So I wanted to ask advice from people that have more knowledge on this stuff than me! I can scan and post the letter if you want? The things it seems to be missing are the bit where they give you 14 days to remedy and there's no mention of it being served under the CCA act as other defaults I've seen seem to have.

Could anyone give advice on this one?

Thank you
      I take it that this is a credit card ?

They have to send a default notice under section 87 of the cca if they intend to seek early repayment of the balance on your card by terminating your contract and demanding repayment.(this should give 14 days to pay arrears before any action is taken)

If it is a fixed sum agreement and has gone past its term they do not need to send a section 87 notice.

The notifications of default sums is a requirement under section 86 and just lists the default sums.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X