• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trying to claim money back after investing with my (now ex) partner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to claim money back after investing with my (now ex) partner

I was with my partner for 3 years, and recently we each invested money buying a quantity of clothing to sell onwards for profit. I invested EUROS 7000. Hardly any of the clothing has been sold and we have now split up. Foolishly, I have nothing in writing documenting this investment of mine, just a bank transaction from my account to his. I completely trusted him and did not expect that we would part ways. I have asked for my investment back, he has said no, and said that he will send me a quantity of clothing (he is in Holland, I am in Aberdeen) for me to sell on at a profit. This will cause me a problem, as I will have to go through the rigmarole of selling these clothes and also storing them, as it will be approx. 45 boxes.
    Do I have any rights to insist that I get my full investment back, rather than the clothing? If I had known we would split up, I would not have invested, and would have also been vigilant in getting something in writing.
    Please help... thank you.
    Tags: None

Re: Trying to claim money back after investing with my (now ex) partner

I don't think it will settle because your assumptions are not really authentic enough to claim money back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X