• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Landlord asking neighbours personal questions about me

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Landlord asking neighbours personal questions about me

Originally posted by enquirer View Post
    Write, tricking them into putting all these points (all the stuff that they have no business knowing), in writing. Say nothing about Data Protection at this point. Once you have it in writing, you can then challenge them as to the source of that information.

There are several potential DPA breaches:

The landlord may have disclosed confidential information about you when speaking to the neighbours.
    The neighbours may disclosed confidential information about you to the landlord.
    The landlord may have passed that information to the council.
    The Council may already have that information elsewhere, but have used it for an unrelated purpose.
    Thank you

I think that's what I've decided is the way I want to proceed before making a decision.

Basically I want to know what personal data they have gathered and recorded concerning me and my 'private' life

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
      Are you or your son on Facebook you may like many others have put things on there if your son is at Uni he may have stated that on facebook its actually quite easy to find out about people
      Very unlikely.

If they had accessed his Facebook (they don't know his name btw) they'd know he finished Uni 18 months ago.

As for my profile: there is no information that is visible to the public. I work with children, so even though I have a profile, I barely use it.

We have incredibly strict policies concerning social media, data protection (ironically) and child protection (to name but a few) that I find it easier not to give out any personal information on there.

That being said, in the very unlikely event that they have found any info from Facebook, they've still gathered it, stored it and used it. Highly dubious!

Comment

You can SAR the housing association for all the data they hold on you but don't forget what you are saying the manager knows might still be in her head not written or logged down anywhere

Comment

She admitted that she'd never visited my address and was reading from notes at the time. The guy who had visited my home was also in attendance at the meeting and freely spoke about visiting my home on multiple occasions.

So no, they have recorded my personal information and used it.

Comment

Heres hoping the notes are recorded somewhere its a stupid manager who records officially something that can come back and bite them, WE have had crap from our previous Housing Association and know what they are like for a charity they are all the same I expect totally uncharitable.
            Hope you can get to the bottom of this

Comment

Heres hoping the notes are recorded somewhere its a stupid manager who records officially something that can come back and bite them, WE have had crap from our previous Housing Association and know what they are like for a charity they are all the same I expect totally uncharitable.
              Hope you can get to the bottom of this
              If they are a registered charity, Wales, have you thought of reporting them to the Charity Commission?
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

When I tried to complain to the HA I got accused of being a racist as I was English in a welsh HA I researched complaints about the HA and decided they got away with so much it would not be worth the hassle .
                having been repossessed 2 years before I had just got over that and wanted a peaceful life it prompted a move from wales back to England a new start a new life now we are happier than ever from being worth over 600k in 2008 to have little now its great and 1000% better.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzie999 View Post
                  The guy who had visited my home was also in attendance at the meeting and freely spoke about visiting my home on multiple occasions.
                  Did he ever have the opportunity to plant any listening devices?

Comment

When I tried to complain to the HA I got accused of being a racist as I was English in a welsh HA I researched complaints about the HA and decided they got away with so much it would not be worth the hassle .
                    having been repossessed 2 years before I had just got over that and wanted a peaceful life it prompted a move from wales back to England a new start a new life now we are happier than ever from being worth over 600k in 2008 to have little now its great and 1000% better.
                    The complaints didn't relate to anything involving :flock: by any chance? It might explain why they were so tetchy. :grin:
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                      Did he ever have the opportunity to plant any listening devices?
                      Ha Ha, you might be on to something there as I'm often to be found chanting that my son was at Uni 18 months ago and that I work at x location

Comment

What was their reason for the meeting?

Comment

Originally posted by IanM View Post
                          What was their reason for the meeting?
                          Because I owed them rent.

Anyway, still no reply from this woman's manager. I'll leave it for the full 48 as a courtesy and then send the letter I've constructed to their CEO as they obviously don't give a toss :mmph:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X