• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bryan Carter Solicitor/Fredrikson chasing me - please help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bryan Carter Solicitor/Fredrikson chasing me - please help.

Hi,

I received couple of letters from Fredrickson Intl demanding for a debt of £1780 when I returned from abroad.

When I received the first letter I have checked my credit record - experian didn't show anything but found entry on noddle for an amount of £1780 by Lowell addressed to a place where I had a business with my cousin (he owns that property). I have challenged the entry to noddle and they got back to me that it was a Barclaycard issue and advised to contact Lowell directly to resolve it as they cannot remove the entry.

Then I had another letter from Bryan Carter acting on behalf of Fredrickson Intl threatening to take me to court if I don't contact their client for repayment within 14 days!

I am in complete shock and having nightmares!

I had a Barclaycard since 2005 but never exceeded more than £600. In 2008, I started a business with a cousin but fell out with him after a while as I found out he was committing fraud. I also separated from my partner because of this and we separated. I had a full time job as well but went off sick and lost that at the end, I suffered severe depression for about 10 months and totally forgot about this Barclaycard.

I have changed address for this card in 2007 to my current address then in 2008 to this business address (he owns that property). My cousin had access to all my personal details and we had a mutual understanding that my debt will be paid off from the business profit and I did trust him on that (silly me) but didn't realise that I was betrayed until I have got this letter from BC/Fredrickson.

I only have a bank account with £200 overdraft that I run up every month and get charged, don't own the house I live, no car no surplus.

I am considering a number of options:
    1) to dispute/challenge BC/Fredrickson about this and like to send a 'prove it' letter

Or

2) just leave that and bin anything that comes through from them

Or

3) Phone and deny that it's not mine!

This may sound cheeky but I'm not in a position to pay even a quarter of the alleged amount!!

Sorry for the long post but I am really worried!

Any help or advice is much appreciated.

Regards.
    Tags: None

Re: Bryan Carter Solicitor/Fredrikson chasing me - please help.

Hi Curious

So you had a Barclaycard in 2005 with a balance around £600 throughout its use. You haven't paid anything on the card since when in 2008 ? And when in 2008 did you change your address ?
    The Barclaycard is in your personal name or your business name? The first thing is to as you say is send a prove it letter, send a CCA request letter to Lowells to see if they have the right documents to back up claiming this debt from you.

BC and Lowells are issuing court claims at the moment so if you are just about to become Stat Barred (and 2008 last acknowledgment you may be) then it is likely you won't be binning much for long as next letter would be a claim form, so best to get on top of it now, find out if they can claim on it and how this amount has accrued.

Regards

Sharon
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X