• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Threatened with prison today.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Threatened with prison today.

I've looked up my local councillors am a little worried as they are all either conservative or UKIP and so will, i think, be a little invested in backing serco up.

I would like to complain about Mr De La Fuente though as he was so clear that I will be arrested without any prior court case - which reading all your replies seems to be completely false. Does anyone have any idea how I might do this?

P.S thank you again for all these replies, I've really been at my wits end today imagining my entire career going down the toilet just because I couldn't get anyone to accept money from me.

You do a fantastic job here, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
      I am wondering if this Serco troll has the personal motto of "num minus obnoxium".

One tactic to use with people like this is to say to them "Am I to understand that you are refusing to accept any payment whatsoever?" It shuts them up, if nothing else. Those foolish enough to try and respond quite often, in my experience, end up digging themselves into a hole.
      Especially if it is during a phone call you happen to have recorded..

Comment

First instance - Council complaints
        Complaints Team, Thurrock Council, Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL

: 0845 300 5263

: complaints@thurrock.gov.uk

Then the Local Government Ombudsman

(AS WELL AS speaking to your local MP - http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/249...price/thurrock ?)
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Ah ha - in that article I posted earlier about Serco

It may only be a relatively small minority of people who try to avoid paying Council bills, but the cost to the Council is very real and has a direct and substantial impact on the authority’s ability to deliver key services,” says Serco’s Kevin Tuttle, who heads up the Council’s Debt Collection teams.
          Kevin is connected with James (as I mentioned earlier) so one can assume James works for Serco IMO.

Again not that it really matters... sounds like the Council have taken some services back off Serco in the last six months so hopefully you can start the process off of adding council tax debt management to that list.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

The sooner Serco management and directors face criminal charges for fraud and other offences the better, the evidence is stacking up.

Comment

It seems like my local MP is a strong SERCO supporter:

"We have been talking about private versus public, but it is not like that. We are not just talking about the Sercos and the G4Ss. We want public servants to come together and create mutuals. We are most effective when we all work in partnership. The “us and them” culture perpetuated by the Opposition does nothing to improve outcomes for anyone, whether in jobs, tackling reoffending or anything else. This stale thinking has had its day. We are in the 21st century, not the 20th."

Jackie Pyrce in Parliament

Comment

sorry thats Jackie Doyle-Price MP

Comment

Originally posted by John139 View Post
                  I've looked up my local councillors am a little worried as they are all either conservative or UKIP and so will, i think, be a little invested in backing serco up.

I would like to complain about Mr De La Fuente though as he was so clear that I will be arrested without any prior court case - which reading all your replies seems to be completely false. Does anyone have any idea how I might do this?

P.S thank you again for all these replies, I've really been at my wits end today imagining my entire career going down the toilet just because I couldn't get anyone to accept money from me.

John,

Please let me put your mind at rest. I am a retired policeman and the police do not get involved in Council Tax matters as there is no provision under Council Tax regulations for the police to become involved. In short, Mr De La Fuente is displaying an amazing talent for Lower Gastro-Intestinal Ventriloquism.

Just remember this - jacobus plena mauris
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    First instance - Council complaints
                    Complaints Team, Thurrock Council, Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL

: 0845 300 5263

: complaints@thurrock.gov.uk

Then the Local Government Ombudsman
                    Shouldn't he take it up with first the Director of Finance and then the Chief Executive before bothering the LGO?
                    https://www.thurrock.gov.uk/sites/de...FOI%202250.pdf

(AS WELL AS speaking to your local MP - http://www.theyworkforyou.com/mp/249...price/thurrock ?)
                    She seems reasonably pretty, but otherwise may give the impression that she is a true blue, snivelling snollygoster.

Still, if she were to support or condone the threats made by the Serco troll and that was to leak into the local press, it might impair her chances of re-election.

Comment

It seems like my local MP is a strong SERCO supporter:

"We have been talking about private versus public, but it is not like that. We are not just talking about the Sercos and the G4Ss. We want public servants to come together and create mutuals. We are most effective when we all work in partnership. The “us and them” culture perpetuated by the Opposition does nothing to improve outcomes for anyone, whether in jobs, tackling reoffending or anything else. This stale thinking has had its day. We are in the 21st century, not the 20th."

Jackie Pyrce in Parliament
                      Does she think it is wise to act as a cheerleader for a company exposed as defrauding the taxpayer out of millions of pounds? What party's flag does she stand under?

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                        Especially if it is during a phone call you happen to have recorded..
                        Which you inform them of just after they have well and truly hung themselves and the local authority.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                          What party's flag does she stand under?
                          The Conservatives, alas, as she appears not to have had the courage to join a party better suited to her views.

She's a Cameron creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                            Shouldn't he take it up with first the Director of Finance and then the Chief Executive before bothering the LGO?
                            https://www.thurrock.gov.uk/sites/de...FOI%202250.pdf

She seems reasonably pretty, but otherwise may give the impression that she is a true blue, snivelling snollygoster.

Still, if she were to support or condone the threats made by the Serco troll and that was to leak into the local press, it might impair her chances of re-election.
                            Do Serco have any public credibility left? I thought they were now lower than a snakes belly in the public perception, and to openly support them would taint any MP or official.

Comment

Conservatives aren't ALL bad you know.

(silly thing to say because CC is just going to ask me to name a good one now)

I'd still contact your MP with your complaint, Conservative, Labour or Monster Raving Loony she may be.
                              Last edited by Amethyst; 22nd February 2014, 23:40:PM. Reason: too many all's
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

I think the only person who is likely to be arrested is Mr De La Fuente. What he said to you during the phone call is illegal as it contained a threat he had no right in law to make and he misrepresented the law. Notwithstanding, the threats he made were improper. The law takes a very serious view of the sort of behaviour Mr De La Fuente engaged in. If he rings again, you could always say to him "Notus de tuo, vade".

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X