• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please post your own experience of reclaiming PPI from Santander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Please post your own experience of reclaiming PPI from Santander

This was from 2013, so nothing changes lol!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...tomers-1925969

Comment

Thank you very much, our dazzling Di! X

Another link:

"Hilary Osborne
      Tuesday 30 January 2007 14.26 GMT
      One of the UK's leading providers of storecards was today fined £610,000 by the City regulator for non-compliance.
      The Financial Services Authority (FSA) said GE Capital Bank had failed to put adequate systems in place to control sales of payment protection insurance (PPI), which is usually sold alongside credit cards and loans.

It said the company had failed to make sure customers were aware the cover was optional, and had failed to ensure its staff were properly trained to sell the product.

The FSA said GE Capital Bank had failed to amend its practices, despite having discovered in its own review that there was a widespread problem with the way it sold the insurance.

Customers were still not being given enough information about the product to make sure it was suited to them, sales staff were not properly trained, and where it was discovered that someone had been mis-sold a policy, they were not contacted and the problem was not remedied."

It seems like Santander decided to follow to worst traditions of GE Capital Bank, despite the penalty.
      they still insist that it was made clear to the customers that the policy was optional. GECB failed to amend their its practices, and now Santander refuse to amens their practices and begin to compy with law and regulation.
      let's hope, together we'll manage to put things right.
      thank you,
      Vx

Comment

I also understand they come under this category, "Banks Complaints Handling".

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2013/04/...s-down-316747/

Comment

Yes! Complaints and PPI redress MISHANDLING.
          Vx

Comment

So as you told me earlier Victoria27 no news as yet!

I bet now that you have provided them with what they requested for in order for them to re-view your complaint, they didnt think you had the proof, so now you have them on the spot! LOL! x

Comment

Yes, Di, darling! It certainly makes it more difficult for them to send a standard template rejection letter again. But they were doing it for so long, it seems they lost any ability to think outside those templates and scripts. So after 2 weeks since receiving from me the requested information, they have not yet filed it. It is not yet in their system! I told them that I even had a proof of the signature and gave them the name of the person who received it on the 26th last month. I asked if it was a normal procedure to take 2 weeks before entering the documents in their system. After a minute of silence, the man on the other end asked to put me on hold. Then he came back with the answer: apparently they had a problem with their scanning equipment ))
              So entertainment continues!
              I think children in the kindergarden would come up with something more believable.
              It is like a soap opera.
              They managed to get away with this sort of behaviour for far too long.
              they just wore customers out with those tactics, hoping that eventually customers would give up. That is why I think we should pursue it and get old cases reopened. It looks like an institutionalised malpractice, therefore it should be reported to the FCA, Parliament and press, including Which, Daily Mail, BBC Watch Dog and other.
              GE a Capital Bank got away with 30% discount on the fine, paying £610,000 instead of £870,000, because of their promise of commitment to remedial action and appropriate redress.
              We do not see any appropriate redress. No sign of it.
              instead they, now Santander, continue to act according to their own rules, totally ignoring accepted regulations and guidelines.
              It would be excellent to get as much data as possible to report their failure to comply with law and regulation etc.
              Thank you!
              Vx

Comment

A few more thoughts on the same subject. We expect a fair investigation because it is the right thing to do, natural, normal and moral. However, unfortunately, it is not always the driving force for people or companies's behavior. Often it is a fear of penalty, punishment etc.
                In cases when we are talking about store cards opened before 2005, Santander feels safe, whatever they do, because they are not under the jurisdiction of the FOS. That has to change.
                When we are talking about credit cards which are now with Santander, but under the FOS jurisdiction, they are rejecting it, but not for the reasons like, we were told it was optional, we made our own choice, we did not cancel it etc similar rubbish. They know it won't work if the case goes to the FOS. When they are under the FOS, they reject our cases because they do not have enough paperwork to investigate. They do not have to keep it more than 6 years.They usually ask us to give them something which cannot be delivered, such as a very old credit card statement etc.
                they do have enough information to investigate, but they refuse, in hope that about 80% will give up.
                when they are not regulated by the FOS, they believe they can get away with anything. It is not often people decide to go to court, a lot think it might be a stressful experience, the amounts we are talking about are usually not so great, as a result people often just abandon their claims. In some cases they are gonig after underwriters with or without the FOS, but one way or another, Santander is still getting away from their responsibility. Therefore they continue this malpractice and do not get any penalties for failure of their fiduciary duties. That has to change.
                I really feel like putting a stop to this shameful practice. I believe we have to find more ways to bring them in the spotlight in cases when they are not regulated. We cannot allow them to continue to get away with it.
                ok, it cannot be done through the FOS, however, there are other ways, for instance, I copy all my communication to my MP and Which, who observe the progress of my case. We can bring our stories to the press etc. my point is, we have to consider some ways to motivate Santander to behave, even when we can't be referred to the FOS.
                i am under impression they do not have a clue even how to refund PPI on the credit cards because they never done it, unless ordered by the FOS. Without the FOS they just will not do it.
                we have to "encourage" them to change. ))
                thank you,
                Vx

Comment

Excellent info "VIP Victoria27"

Comment

Thank you, Dazzling Di! In my case "VIP" means Very Innocent Puppy ))
                    i keep you posted what will be Santander's next excuse for rejection or delay.
                    Also I'll keep updating my MP and Which.
                    what I notice, when other companies (only 1 out of 7) in my case tried to reject but quickly learnt that I had some knowledge of the guidelines etc, they immediately changed their story, admitted it was a mistake, apologised, refunded and wrote that they were learning from their mistakes. However Santander is unique. They continue to argue even when they do not have a leg to stand on. They feel too secure because they assume there is no way to bring them to justice. Let's prove them wrong! They have a sentence in their verbal scripts (they obviously can't talk without scripts, being programmed like Stepford Wives with the computer chip). They say in that patronising way, which is on the verge of the sarcasm and insult: " we are really sorry you are not happy with the letter we sent"... I heard this line a lot, so it is definitely in the script )) Let's make them mean those words. The time has come to make them feel really sorry that we were not happy with their letters, because those letters were wrong and proved that we were denied fair investigation.
                    thank you,
                    Vx

Comment

Very Innocent Puppy aww love it !

Your so right honey!

LOL well you have "S" on the spot now I believe so anyway!

Keep up this great work, its so interesting and thank you for keeping us all updated, we all appreciate this X:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Thank you very much!
                        Lol
                        Vx

Comment

Just reading through and I went straight for the jugular so to speak the CEO. Emailed ana botin and one was to just ceo. Mine was a DP store card that was taken out in store. Ive pasted the email below there's and number on there too if that helps anyone and the email was sent from SCLUK PPI Exec Comp @ Santander .co .uk (no spaces)
                          Dear

Thank you for your email dated 10 March 2014 and for taking the time to bring your concerns to our attention.

One of our Santander Cards Executive Complaints team will contact you shortly and will be responsible for carrying out an independent review of your complaint in the hope that we can reach an acceptable outcome.

Once our review is complete we will provide you with the details of our investigation and the proposed outcome. If you remain unhappy and do not feel we have resolved your complaint to your satisfaction you may be entitled to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Until our investigation is complete, I do not know what the outcome will be. I do hope however, that we will be able to find a solution that you are happy with

Thank you & kind regards

Katie Lunn
                          Santander Cards PPI Executive Complaints Team
                          0871 522 5167

Is this the norm? Just wandering in case it does work. I'm sure that they will change the complaints procedure if the CEO gets hounded enough

Comment

Thanks for that LouLou

Well its the avenue lots of us have gone via CEO, and its hardly surprising the way the complaints team handle complaints.

I have just came across of wadful of letters now from "S" and they start from July 2012 to Oct 2012 in response to my complaints. Nine letters in total lol! x:tinysmile_aha_t:

Comment

Dear Loulouxx, thank you very much for that.
                              Yes, it is an identical twin of the email I received, also signed by Katie Lunn. Not one word is different. I mean identical, word for word. I understand that is their procedure.
                              My email to the CEO was sent on the 17th of February and since then they reopened the case, wrote to me that now my work status is taken into consideration (after 3 rejection letters!), but they asked for NI contributions from April 2000 till now. I suspect they asked for it, hoping that either I would not have it, or it will take me a month to get it. However I had it ready and I sent it straight away by SD and they received it on the 26th of February. After that - silence )) I called yesterday to check what was going on and found out that they did not file my NI contributions yet, after 2 weeks! They told me it was because they had a problem with scanning equipment )).
                              It is very good that you emailed CEO. The more letters from us, the better.
                              Either they are not aware of the GE fine of £610,000 for not compliance with regulations, or, which is more likely, they hope we, the customers, are not aware of it. They cannot be more wrong!
                              Well done, pursuing it. Please keep us posted about your progress.
                              I wonder, as I am writing this, if we should as well write to their non executive directors. I do not think they would like another scandal and another penalty fine.
                              Let's give it a thought.
                              Whatever happens with our individual complaints, I still think Santander needs to be put on the spotlight for their appalling behaviour. It should not be the case for us to email to their CEO, it is not a fair investigation. A lot of people would give up at that stage, we are persistent.
                              They try to keep funds obtained by fraudulent activity, like in my case, where I was paying for years huge monthly premiums for a benefit I could not have due to my employment status, and this is fraud, this is unforgivable. The case is going on from 4th of December.
                              We have to bring that company to the real world with rules, law and regulation, from their Santander planet, where they live and act by their own rules, based on deceit of the customers, on the tactics to wear us down till we give up, totally ignoring moral code and fiduciary duties, they are obliged to observe and treating customers like we are stupid children, who can be brushed off by their template rejection letters which make no sence and written in breach of the FCA regulations, which raise the points which were deemed unexceptable ages ago by the FOS and FCA, repeating this rubbish in every letter we received.
                              very much hope to hear about your progress soon. Good luck!
                              thank you,
                              Vx

Comment

Di, darling! 9 letters! I would suspect they all are very similar. If not identical, like a leitmotif without too many variations ))
                                i can add my 4, which are almost identical.
                                lol
                                Vx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X