• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please post your own experience of reclaiming PPI from Santander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Please post your own experience of reclaiming PPI from Santander

Yes its fantastic indeed, that should nugde them LOL, fingers crossed x :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Good evening, my dear friends.
      Today my personal saga with Santander came to the happy end.
      I received the cheque. They refunded all the premiums plus interest and added a little bit as a goodwill gesture.
      It started at the beginning of December and now, after 4 months and 3 rejections letters, all "final", of course, it is over.
      I had to send 3 emails to the CEO office. There were moments when I felt warn out, very low, sad, angry, frustrated. I always knew I had to keep going, but I did not feel any energy left to do it.
      Our wonderful Di knows of those moments when I did not feel strong at all Di was there for me and I kept going Thank you, my wonderful friend for your support!
      Though my personal story came to a conclusion, our saga with Santander is only starting. I believe we should encourage to reopen old cases.
      Can you imagine how many people out there who believed the company and stopped fighting and all those funds are still not returned where it belongs. It has to be changed.
      Please, remember, I am here for everybody who needs me.
      every case is personal for me.
      I will do whatever I can to help everyone.
      I am sorry if sometime I cannot answer straight away due to my professional and my charity projects, which are time consuming. It might take a few days.
      But I will do my best to post as soon as possible.
      I have one more case with Creation. That is my last one. We see how it goes
      My experience with Santander was extremely frustrating.
      however I am glad that I had to go through that, because it taught me so much and now I can share it and help to fight and win your cases. So this horrible experience was for a good purpose after all.
      Few things I would like to mention.
      1."Final" letter does not mean final. If it is wrong, your case can be reopened.
      2. When companies are not regulated (like with store cards before 2005) and not under the jurisdiction of the FOS, it does not mean they can get away with it. They think so, but now we know different
      there are other tools to make them behave.
      Should you go after underwriters, Di will be the best person to advise. Underwriters are regulated. Underwriter route is an alternative.
      As you cannot take "unregulated" cases to the Ombudsman, of course there is an option to take them to court.
      Well done L'pool for taking them to court! Good luck! Small Claim Court route is a possibility.

Still after final letter from "unregulated" company, there are ways to continue to pursue the company. If you decide to continue to pursue them, prior underwriters or small claim court routes, then
      first step after rejection would be
      - to email to the CEO.
      It often works.

At the same time I suggest to contact your local MP.
      I copied all my communication with the CEO office to my MP in the same emails.
      So the recipients in the CEO office saw that my MP was copied and aware of everything what was going on. It certainly encourages the company to be a bit more careful and watch themselves before breaking the rules and regulations.
      I was always referring to the breach of the FCA guidelines and was quoting the relevant paragraphs.

I am under the impression that every template rejection letter from Santander is written in the breach of the FCA Handbook.
      They always give main reasons as:

1)you signed the agreement
      - it does not prove your intention to take the PPI;
      2)you did not cancelled the policy
      - it is not the reason for a rejection;
      3)you saw the statements
      - it does not prove you knew PPI was optional;
      4) the available evidence shows that ....
      - They usually do not have any real evidence available;
      5) they assume all the relevant information was given to you at the point of sale,...
      - if it was so, you would not have taken this insurance, which is either useless, or unnecessary, (depends on your personal circumstances).
      6) ...Or soon afterwords, when the documents were sent to you by the post
      - all the relevant information has to be given Before the sale is completed, not afterwords;
      7)it was non advised sale, no recommendations were made, it was your own choice
      - For non advised sales you have to be given the summary of the relevant information to make an "informed" decision. If you were given all the relevant information you would not have made an "informed" decision to take PPI because.....

just a little food for thought...

I am am here for you

lol
      thank you
      Vxxx

Comment

That's marvellous Victoria well done for keeping going.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Thank you!
          your support gives me strength to do it!
          lol
          Vxxx

Comment

Amazing my friend Victoria and so glad to be here for you x :tinysmile_twink_t2: Thank you for your kind words and now you are helping me too honey so thank you for being here for me too, even in my health bless you xx

Honey do not worry about not having to be here all the time, the work you have put in makes up for it all, your amazing and I know your posts of very excellent info and letters will be very encouraging for others and to also continue where they think its all finished, you have also proved yourself that it can be done, you done absolute wonders here lovely and I'm sure there will now be more success to come for many many more put in the same position, also with other banks too :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Your an inspiration to us all, keep up the fantastic work and also well done on your fantastic achievement, you done us all proud XxX

Comment

Thank you!
              wonderful forum and wonderful people!
              I am so happy to be here
              lol
              Vxxx

Comment

We're all so happy to have you here, your such a star honey x :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Hi Victoria,

I am so very pleased that you have "won" your case against Santander. Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant!!!! As the guy in the A Team used to say....."I love it when a plan comes together..."
                  i am so glad that you detailed your struggle for everyone because, on reading some of the other entries on different forums, some people have suggested that winning is so easy. People do not also have the strength and courage to keep going up against the big boys, when that is exactly what is needed.
                  "Meeting with you and Di " on this forum has been a real inspiration for/to me, and to see the help that you give so willingly to everyone.
                  So thank you very much to you both.

again, absolutely delighted......as I said to Loulou......don't spend wisely!!!!!!!!

:beagle:Xxxxxxxx

Comment

Thank you, my dear L'pool!
                    I am proud of you for taking them to court.
                    That is an inspiration! I am so glad you decided to do it.
                    you are so right, winning is not easy at all if you have to fight with them.
                    I was lucky with most of the companies. I wrote to them, they replied, acknowledged my cases, then upheld. It was very easy, no struggle, so I could not call it winning. The companies just did what they were supposed to do and did it with transparency and honesty. I thought it was the only way.
                    PPI was mis-sold as I was not eligible. I complained, it was upheld.
                    it was easy, yes. But it was not a win, because there was no fight.
                    When I got my first rejection, I was completely lost. I could not understand it because I knew it was wrong.
                    The company mentioned that they completed their investigation according to the FCA guidelines.
                    That was the first time I found out about the FCA Handbook.
                    I decided to see those guidelines for myself.
                    it was a revelation.
                    I wrote to the CEO, referring to the guidelines, gave the company 2 weeks to reconsider, it worked and they upheld within a week. That was HSBC, the company number 7.
                    I would not call it easy. It was unfair, so it was upsetting for me.
                    injustice turns upside down right and wrong.
                    also it was time consuming, and a waste of energy.

Very good point, L'pool, about winning not being easy.
                    We have to be prepared for a difficult and sometime long process.
                    it is important to be realistic and ready.
                    This forum is wonderful. We can give each other a practical advice and emotional support. Our Di is the guardian angel She is a special friend.
                    Everybody here is amazing. It is a privilege and an honour to meet such a special group of unselfish people who are prepared to give an advice, help and support.
                    During our struggle we do feel very low at some points, particularly, when we get those generic letters, full of rubbish, which are so unfair and wrong. We feel like we are facing a brick wall. We know we cannot even refer some unregulated cases to the FOS and get a hope of justice.
                    I believe at that stage some of us are ready to give up. I understand it.
                    However we should not give up. We have to keep going. If we abandon our fight, this is how those companies are getting away with breaking the rules and regulations and getting away with money they owe to people.
                    They wear us down, we do not pursue our cases, and companies are gaining more and more confidence, knowing they are above the law.
                    They act according to their own rules and laws, which have nothing to do with the FCA guidelines. They do not even bother to look at our complaints, just put our names on their template rejection letters. They treat us like we are stupid and ignorant. We are not! ))
                    We should put a stop to that.
                    That is why it is very important to keep going.
                    This Forum is fantastic!
                    We are here for each other. We share our cases, our progress, ups, downs, disappointments and success stories.
                    Then we can stand up, recharge our "batteries" and continue our journey, knowing that we are not alone.
                    Santander was my 8th company. So far it was the worst one. I very much hope so
                    At the moment my last case is with Creation.
                    I would like it to be not as difficult a fight as Santander case.
                    however I have to be realistic and to be prepared.
                    The knowledge that my friends are here with me - is my strength.
                    thank you again!
                    all the best for small claim court, my dear L'pool.
                    they may decide to settle with you.
                    i am waiting for your good news!
                    lol
                    Vxxx

Comment

woooohoooo So happy for you! Finally some good news xx

Comment

Thank you very much for your support, dear Loulou.
                        I hope your Dad is getting better and better.
                        Best of luck with your Canada Square.
                        I read your letter. Fantastic letter. It should do the trick.
                        fingers crossed and waiting and hoping for good news.
                        lol
                        Vxxx

Comment

Haha yes I remember those words L'pool haha I think I may took them a little too literally lmao!

So happy for you Victoria and I took a few parts from your letter so fingers crossed!

Good Luck 2 everyone else who still trying don't let them get you down they do eventually give in xxx

Comment

Good Morning My Friends,

i hope that everyone is feeling well today.

I have this morning received a letter from Santander confirming acknowledgement of "my pre court action letter". They have reviewed my case again and have nothing to add; so they have passed my case over to the legal team.

So this should make for some light entertainment!!!! I appreciate that this route is not for everyone......but according to their records they owe me so little money, I have nothing to lose.

Best Regards

:beagle: Xxxxxxxx

Comment

Good afternoon, my dear friends.
                              sorry for not posting last few days. I have a very time consuming few projects with a deadline. My apologies. I'll be back soon
                              Loulou, fingers crossed for you.
                              i am sure they will give in soon.
                              L'pool, thank you for an update.
                              Well done!
                              good luck!
                              Very proud of you!
                              Good luck to everyone.
                              thank you, my friends.
                              lol
                              Vxxx

Comment

Loulou, I found about your latest rejection (Canada Square) from your other thread. I am sorry and I am furious.
                                i posted there.
                                it seems like if they are not regulated, they are prepared to break all the rules because they know there is no threat of the Ombudsman and the underwriters route usually takes a very long time, if the underwriters do not agree to uphold. Our wonderful star Di's letter is the best shot at the underwriters. However they become more and more difficult. If it goes to the FOS, it may take up to 3 years. From time to time the link is not established. A lot of people decide not to pursue. That is what those companies count on.
                                It looks like unregulated companies reject anyway, regardless our circumstances. They gamble that we won't keep going without the Ombudsman as our safety net.
                                Please do keep going! You will get it. I am sure.
                                If we don't give up, they will eventually give in.
                                Di will be the best with the underwriter route.
                                I suggest at the same time another go at the company,
                                CEO/MP route.
                                I understand it is Barclays.
                                May be to try the very top man, the Barclays CEO.
                                I posted for you his email address on your other thread.
                                if you email to him your excellent letter and copy it at the same time to your MP, may be it will work.
                                i am so sorry that they take up so much of our time and energy which could be put to much better use than to fight with them.
                                the only positive thought for me in that respect is our experience which will enable us to support and help others in the future.
                                At the moment I am having my last one, which could not be more straight forward. I even did not tick the famous box, I was not eligible, I was paying monthly premiums for the benefit I could never have etc.
                                However, knowing that company was not regulated then (another store card), I have to be prepared for the usual rubbish from them and for another battle.
                                What helps me the most is the fact that I do have all of you, my dear friends, whose support gives me strength to keep going.
                                Loulou, you are determined lady You'll get it and will teach them a lesson.
                                i am here for you. Sorry for not being posting regularly for last few days.
                                lol
                                Vxxx

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X