• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please post your own experience of reclaiming PPI from Santander

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Please post your own experience of reclaiming PPI from Santander

Ah that's interesting Canada square are part of Citi Group which I understood are regulated. When I filled out a form the form was the one from the Financial ombudsman and they sent their leaflets as well cheeky beggars lmao. I'm going to give all of citi group hell in the morning Thanks Victoria these are the last 2 and I hope that they can get sorted the all were successful without the FOS don't want that horrible Canada square to ruin my perfect run so far xxx

Comment

Good luck, my dear.
      I like the idea of their morning greetings from you!
      wonderful! They are about to learn their lesson.
      let's hope it will be sorted out sooner than the previous one.
      I understand you so well about a perfect run.
      (I am having my last one as well and I know they are also very difficult company, Creation, store card, so you got the picture... )
      well, fingers crossed.
      i hope tomorrow you will put them in their place and I look forward to your update.
      Xxx

Comment

Not strictly ppi, but love the irony of this one!
        As you know I am struggling with santander over ppi for my mothercare card. This morning, have had my cheque for my CPP reclaim, when I had enquired with them who it was with, was informed it was a santander store card!! If only it was this easy trying to get my ppi claim upheld off them. Have a great day all. xx

Comment

Good luck, TJ.
          how is it going, any news?
          Xx

Comment

tbh I have not yet had the chance to send the letter off to them. Have tweaked it and will send next week. Currently going into battle with another credit card my 6 month response to the final decision is the end of next month and want to get that out of the way for now.xx

Comment

Best of luck!
              Waiting for good news from you.
              Even if it takes time, you'll get it eventually.
              please keep going
              Xx

Comment

just thought I would let you all know I have just emailed CEO (santander) with the wonderful thankfully posted by Victoria.
                cheers for all your support and encouragement.
                xx

Comment

just a thought for those going throught the mill with santander for store cards. I have noticed on the website that a few of these store cards have nowtransferred to New Day(?). I wonder if it would be worth going after them now when had all the rejections through santander and genworth. I am waiting for my reply for CEO and executive complaints at santander, but wonder if they will pass over now. Any thoughts??

Comment

I paid payment protection for five years to abbey national which then became santander. loan ended 2007 february. applied for ppi payment july 2013. was told that this was too late for them to retrieve any records. contacted solicitors who had all mortgage records. they sent it to original address. never received the documents. solicitors said that those were the orignal records of mortgage and they did not have copies. please advise.

Comment

Originally posted by arttastic View Post
                      I paid payment protection for five years to abbey national which then became santander. loan ended 2007 february. applied for ppi payment july 2013. was told that this was too late for them to retrieve any records. contacted solicitors who had all mortgage records. they sent it to original address. never received the documents. solicitors said that those were the orignal records of mortgage and they did not have copies. please advise.
                      Hi there
                      Did you actually write to the DATA dept of Santander?

Myself and many been in the same position as you being told the same, but yet when going direct to the DATA dept to request a SAR, details arrived.
                      I am really surprised you have been told that considering yours was only from 2007, in my opinion this is just standard/generic fob offs, but I would contact the direct dept for your SAR.

We can help you on the reclaiming side of it, free.

Comment

how do you get a SAR and how does one contact the data department? I went through a PPI company - one that contacts the bank on your behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by arttastic View Post
                          how do you get a SAR and how does one contact the data department? I went through a PPI company - one that contacts the bank on your behalf.
                          I can post up a SAR letter template for you, will just have to dig it out and also find details of the data dept for you.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

SAR letter template below, you enclose the one payment of £10 cheque or postal order, if they not able to track anything in regards of your account, they must return your payment with a written explanation.x

.................................................. .................................................. ....................................

Your Name & Address ]

The Data Controller
                            [ address ] Date:

Dear Sir/Madam,

Data Subject Access Request - Pursuant to the Data Protection Act 1998

Data Subject: [ xxx, address as above, and formerly of: ]

Please supply all data that your company holds relating to my entire account history. Whilst not exhaustive, for the avoidance of doubt I list below what I require:

o Full and legible copies of all contracts and agreements that have existed between myself and your organisation, including copies of any documents you hold in support of same. This is to include account no. [XXXX]
                            o Full and legible copies of all statements relating to the above accounts. This is to include all credits, debits, charges & interest applied to my account(s) including details of any instances that required manual intervention. It is also to include monthly account balances.
                            o Full and legible copies of all correspondence, including all letters, faxes, emails and memos sent and received between ourselves, and any other third party in relation to any of the above accounts.
                            o Full unedited copies of any telephone recordings and/or transcripts of these recordings as well as any logs or journals that relate to them.
                            o Full and legible copies of all documents which include any of my personal information including copies of any contracts or invoices, emails or computer records containing my personal information, or any records which pertain to this information.
                            o Full details and legible copies of any documents upon which you relied when you have provided my personal or financial information to any individual, organisation or third party.
                            o Full and legible copies or transcripts of any computer logs or database records kept in relation to myself or in relation to my financial or personal information.
                            o Details of all systems you currently have in place to ensure my personal or financial information is kept securely, including details of those officers who currently have control of the same, and at the time it was held or provided to a third party.
                            o If any data has been deleted or disposed of, the methods used to do so, including dates, reason for deletion, certificates or documents confirming details of destruction. If you are unable to provide such certificates, then I require a declaration, signed by an authorised officer of your company, confirming the dates and methods of destruction of this data.
                            Please be aware that the Data Protection Act 1998 clearly states that all information held must be disclosed and there is no correlation to the Limitation Act 1980 whatsoever. This request therefore lawfully includes any and all data which is older than six years. If you do not hold any data older than 6 years, then I require a signed declaration from your data controller confirming this, and a copy of all documents pertaining to its proper disposal.

All data - including data held on a microfiche or similar systems - must be provided within 40 days, and if you require a fee for this, then I enclose the maximum statutory fee of £10.00 – which must not be used for any other purpose. If you choose to waive all or part of the fee, then please be aware that you will still have a legal obligation to comply with this request. I thank you in anticipation of a prompt and full response and compliance.

Yours faithfully,

[ Sign ]

[ Print your name ]

Encl: £10.00 fee.

Credit Data Management Team
                            Santander Card Services
                            PO Box 700
                            Leeds
                            LS99 2BD

A fee of £10 is payable for such requests, therefore please enclose a cheque made payable to Santander Cards UK Ltd.

Comment

just a quick update, got the knock back from CEO at santander. Looks like case over!!

Comment

Oh noooo, sorry to hear that!!

Did the CEO give you any further opportunities to write back with further info?

Did they mention about the FOS (are you able to go thisn avenue do you know) or will it be the case of having to pursue the underwriter/insurer instead perhaps?......

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X