• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

PPI query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PPI query

Hi,

I made a PPI claim with Gladstone Brookes in March 2013, which was rejected two months later by the bank in question. I instructed Gladstone Brookes in August 2013 to register a complaint with the FOS which as of today is still ongoing.

In January 2014, my bank contacted me privately about the possibility of missold PPI on the same product. I filled out the enclosed claim form, and this was successful. I am not aware if these events are linked in any way.

Do I still have to pay Gladstone Brookes? To my mind their claim was unsuccessful, and I am not therefore liable. I imagine they might seek to find a connection between the two however!! Equally am I within my rights to cancel the FOS complaint - without prejudice?

Not a legal eagle so over to you!!!

kind regards
    Tags: None

Re: PPI query

Hi there
    I would contact the FOS about this and state that they had made contact with you personally about the ppi reclaim where it was found in your favour, they will have to know anyway as its in their hands as well.

So on Monday give them a call and say that this one there was no claims company involvement, so ask where you stand in this matter.

Good luck and well done on your success, I do hope you get to keep all your money, but if this does not happen, maybe you could put in a complaint to The Claims Management (Ministry of Justice) if you google them in you will find the details.

Fingers crossed.:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

many thanks. i thought i might contact the bank tomorrow to establish if the successful claim has any connection with Gladstone Brookes or my FOS appeal. If not, then Gladstone Brookes would not have any grounds for demanding their fees. As you say, fingers crossed! I will contact GB when I am sure of the sequence of events...

Comment

Spoke to the bank today, and they tell me that Gladstone Brookes played no part in my claim.

I'm now pondering over the idea that perhaps Gladstone Brookes might consider this a breach of contract on my part, and by default demand their fee.... I guess we'll see shortly!

Comment

Any issues from them, then contact the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Hi Julian

You might want to have a read of this thread http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...210#post413210 as Dougal had a concurrent self claim and GB claim and they are bugging him for their % off the self claim, so you might want to be prepared (sorry it's a bit of a trawl through). KevinDG had a similar issue on there too. Dougal's issue post is http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...882#post401882

Regards

Sharon.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

An interesting read. One part of a particular sentence in their response to Dougal stands out, i.e. "... redress due to GB's approach". My bank confirm that the successful claim is a result of my private correspondence, and nothing to do with GB. Interestingly they had no record of any approach from GB... curious indeed!

I guess we'll just have to see from which angle they will undoubtedly begin their offence!

Comment

Originally posted by julianb70 View Post
                An interesting read. One part of a particular sentence in their response to Dougal stands out, i.e. "... redress due to GB's approach". My bank confirm that the successful claim is a result of my private correspondence, and nothing to do with GB. Interestingly they had no record of any approach from GB... curious indeed!

I guess we'll just have to see from which angle they will undoubtedly begin their offence!
                Afternoon all,

I have now had my SDAR from BOS - It dates from 1991, it is the BOS throughout - No mention of Glad Stone at all, on any page.

There are 176 pages to my SDAR with BOS and Gladstone Brooke's are NEVER mentioned !

I will not be paying them anything and I now have 100% solid gold evidence that they were NOT involved at any time in my BOS claim.

Complaint sent to MOJ, (1st class Rec.Del.)

Best wishes
                Dougal

Comment

Morning all,

Please see my amendment below....Brain was NOT in gear when I posted the previous message !
                  The point I was trying to make was that my account stayed with BOS throughout - MBNA were never a part of my BOS claim.

Originally posted by Dougal16T View Post
                  Afternoon all,

I have now had my SDAR from BOS - It dates from 1991, it is the BOS throughout - No mention of MBNA = (this is the amended bit!) at all, on any page.

There are 176 pages to my SDAR with BOS and Gladstone Brooke's are NEVER mentioned !

I will not be paying them anything and I now have 100% solid gold evidence that they were NOT involved at any time in my BOS claim.

Complaint sent to MOJ, (1st class Rec.Del.)

Best wishes
                  Dougal

Comment

Evening all,

I have now heard in writing from the MOJ, they are taking my complaint against Gladstone Brookes forwards.

I will post up the redacted letter tomorrow for others to see.

See you in the morning

Dougal

Comment

Morning all,

As promised, (hopefully), here is the letter from the MOJ!

Click image for larger version

Name:	img072.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1160047

It is possible to enlarge it to read it....just don't ask me how I did it!

Best wishes all

Dougal

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X