• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Some Advice Please (Marstons)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some Advice Please (Marstons)

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
    Unless they cross Anjem Chodary or another mad mullah and he places a Fatwah on Marstons as being anti Sharia and unislamic, and they hold a mass protest outside Marston's HQ.
    Might this unite Christians and Mohammedans in the same jihad?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      Might this unite Christians and Mohammedans in the same jihad?
      I quite possibly would, and would be a good thing imho, to unite the disparate aggrieved persons.

Comment

I quite possibly would, and would be a good thing imho, to unite the disparate aggrieved persons.
        What you say makes a lot of sense, BB. It would, in all probability, unite people from all walks of life, backgrounds, social classes and faiths.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
          What you say makes a lot of sense, BB. It would, in all probability, unite people from all walks of life, backgrounds, social classes and faiths.
          Bailiffs and HCEO would likely come under USURY as far as the Bible and Q'ran are concerned

Comment

Bailiffs and HCEO would likely come under USURY as far as the Bible and Q'ran are concerned
            They are infidels! :grin:

Comment

Hello again, just an update.

I spoke with a very nice woman on the phone she read through what has happened to my case. She said that the case has been passed to a debt company 3 times 2 times before this i wasnt even aware about no letters from either debt company or the court. She said the debt would be passed back to them she reiterated it "Will" come back and i should ring them then. Until then i still have marstons to deal with. What should i say to the baliff when he comes round?

My partner said she thought he broke the data protection act she said and i quote "Is this about his fines" He replied "yes it is, at the minute he owes £748" and then continued to talk to her about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Vere Brayne d'Emmidge View Post
                After re-reading your original post I noticed the above.

Unless the bailiff had written permission from you to divulge any information to your partner he has Broken the Data Protection Act in a BIG way.

Worth writing a letter of complaint to Marston about it, and copy the Court as well as, and without fear of repeating myself, all corerespondence should be sent Recorded Delivery.

The muppet visiting your property and spouting non existing threats should lose his Certificate.

The National Standards for Enforcement agents, to which Marston undersigns, are very clear:

Enforcement agents must act within the law at all times, including all defined legislation and observe all health and safety requirements in carrying out enforcement. They must maintain strict client confidentiality and comply with Data Protection legislation and, where appropriate the Freedom of Information Act.

Enforcement agents must not be deceitful by misrepresenting their powers, qualifications, capacities, experience or abilities, including, but not restricted to;

Falsely implying or stating that action can or will, be taken when legally it cannot be taken

Falsely implying or stating that a particular course of action will ensue before it is possible to know whether such action would be permissible

Falsely implying or stating that action has been taken when it has not

Enforcement agents should, so far as it is practical, avoid disclosing the purpose of their visit to anyone other than the debtor. Where the debtor is not seen, the relevant documents must be left at the address in a sealed envelope addressed to the debtor.
                Notwithstanding that the Information Commissioner can slap data protection transgressors with a fine of up to £500,000. Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                  Notwithstanding that the Information Commissioner can slap data protection transgressors with a fine of up to £500,000. Ouch!
                  And how likely would that be?

I'd say it's only marginally more likely than Patrick Bingham (the Earl of Lucan) winning the Grand National by riding Shergar.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                    And how likely would that be?

I'd say it's only marginally more likely than Patrick Bingham (the Earl of Lucan) winning the Grand National by riding Shergar.
                    As yet, Cloggy, no-one has been fined the maximum £500,000. However, from conversations I have had with ICO Helpline staff, it would appear the ICO would have no qualms about fining any civil enforcement company or bailiff who breached data protection.

The criteria ICO uses to determine the level of fine includes -

a. The transgressor's ability to pay the fine;
                    b. The gravity of the breach(es);
                    c. Any harm suffered by those affected by the breach(es);
                    d. Any mitigating action taken by the transgressor to redress or reduce harm caused to those affected by the breach(es);
                    e. Any action taken by the transgressor to prevent recurrence;
                    f. Co-operation with the ICO;
                    g. Speed with which the breach(es) are reported to the ICO.

Hope this provides some clarity.

Comment

Hi All,

Just a further update. Yesterday I had a response from them regarding my complaint of a breach of the data protection act. In their response the say ' The allegations made against our Agent are refuted entirely' They go on to say that notes logged on their system state that NO contact was made at the door and a letter was posted through the letter box. In a nut shell they are trying to say my girlfriend is making up stories! This I know to be untrue not only because I know my girlfriend and that she would not lie but also her friend was helping her with the children that morning getting the children breakfast in our kitchen and she heard every single word he said. After speaking to him and him returning to his van he then sat outside for a number of minutes and posted a letter through the door.

Please can someone advise me further as where I can go from here. I am more than angry act the fact that he is basically calling my girlfriend a liar and the fact that bailiffs appear to not follow any guidelines they are suppose to adhere to.

Any help would be greatly received.

Thank you

Comment

All Marston Enforcement Agents are issued with bodycams and their brief is:

1. As soon as one parks up near the warrant address the camera goes on, put the paperwork in front of the camera, read the information on it, get out of the van, knock on the door.
                        2. If one meets with the debtor advise them that the meeting is going to be videorecorded.
                        3. Do not switch the bodycam off until you have returned to your van and started moving away.

You can ask Marston, in writing (first class recorded delivery) to provide you with a copy of the footage taken when their goon visited your property and made contact with your partner.

You must quote section 28 of the DPA, and feel free to tell them that you are going to use the footage to prove that their agent broke the DPA by disclosing more than he had to when your partner asked if the visit was about your fines.

Marston will try to wriggle out of it by stating that your partner was aware of the situation, but their numpty disclosed how much you owed, and God knows whatever else spouted from his big gob, in hearing distance of a third party.
                        The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

Absolutely no excuse. The maximum penalty for breaching the DPA is £500,000 by way of Civil Monetary Penalty inflicted by the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The highest CMP to date is £480,000 inflicted upon a local authority. It would be interesting to see the directors of Marston Group explain a fine of that magnitude to their shareholders.

Comment

Bluebottle Nice thought Marstons getting a 500k fine first they have to be caught ? then action taken problem they don't get caught and the ICO don't really care as for Body cams we could compile a list of reasons no footage is available when the Bailiff is at fault

!,It wasn't switched on!
                            NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                              Bluebottle Nice thought Marstons getting a 500k fine first they have to be caught ? then action taken problem they don't get caught and the ICO don't really care as for Body cams we could compile a list of reasons no footage is available when the Bailiff is at fault

!,It wasn't switched on!
                              NEXT?
                              Wales, please let me assure that the ICO takes breaches of the DPA very seriously, especially where personal data is concerned. The list of adjudications and CMPs the ICO has dished out is not exactly short. Since having the muzzle taken off and being let off the leash, the ICO has used their powers to impose CMPs upon companies, government agencies and departments and local authorities. £500,000 is the MAXIMUM fine the ICO can inflict.

HMCTS have full knowledge of the bodycams worn by EAs employed by certain civil enforcement companies under contract to HMCTS and so can require the likes of Marstons to provide footage when an alleged fine defaulter complains about an EA's conduct or actions whilst enforcing an alleged unpaid court fine. If the civil enforcement company is unable to provide such footage to substantiate the EA's claims of following the rules, how else can the EA prove their claims? And if the alleged fine defaulter has video footage clearly showing the EA being a tit, what else can HMCTS do? The bodycams are allegedly for the benefit of EAs and alleged fine defaulters, but, as you quite rightly point out, there is nothing to prevent a corrupt EA not switching on the bodycam or deleting footage that is compromising to the EA.
                              Last edited by bluebottle; 12th April 2014, 09:27:AM.

Comment

They will lose the footage accidentally on purpose, if it shows them in a bad light. Their problem is where a property has CCTV and it records the visit.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X