• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Some Advice Please (Marstons)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Some Advice Please (Marstons)

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
    The bodycams are allegedly for the benefit of EAs and alleged fine defaulters, but, as you quite rightly point out, there is nothing to prevent a corrupt EA not switching on the bodycam or deleting footage that is compromising to the EA
    As far as I have been told the EA can not interfere with the footage recorded by the camera.

Apparently, at the end of the day, they have to plug it into a computer directly linked with the mainframe computer at Head Office, and the whole footage for the day is sent encrypted.

Alledgedly there are only a handful of people at Head Office who can access the footage, and these few don't even check it (think ... 400+ EAs, 3/4 hours worth of film every day), or if they it's at random.

I have also been told that the amount of footage retained at any one time covers the past 60 days only ... it's an enourmous amount of data!
    The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

It's a dirty job, but someone got to do it!

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

That is a hell of a lot of footage even if the camera records only low bitrate VGA, also theee will be an issue with the dile naming conventions which identify every individual clip, they must be saved in a folder exclusive to that EA.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
        That is a hell of a lot of footage even if the camera records only low bitrate VGA, also theee will be an issue with the dile naming conventions which identify every individual clip, they must be saved in a folder exclusive to that EA.
        My source at Marston tells me that is the case.

Every EA has it's own folder, and that the footage has a record of when it was started and finished, this then is coupled with the entries on the EA's PDA, and is therefore fairly easily recovered.
        The Black rat (Rattus rattus) is a common (hence the accusation of being Pleb) long-tailed rodent of the genus Rattus (rats) in the subfamily Murinae (murine rodents). The species originated in tropical Asia and spread through the Near East in Roman times (another thing that we ought to thanks the Romans for, besides roads, aqueducts and public toilets) before reaching Europe by the 1st century and spreading with Europeans across the world.

A mutation of the beast now comes black leather clad, riding a motorcycle that looks like a battenbergh cake on wheels.

A skilled predator, totally ruthless with it's prey, but also known to be extremely generous in doling out tickes that can provide points for motorists who want to downsize from mechanically propelled vehicles to bycicles.

My opinions are free to anyone who wishes to make them theirs, but please be advised that my opinions might change without warning once more true facts are ascertained

Comment

Now if they were to pull the cable between the computer and the camera whilst it is transferring data, there is a more than evens chance that the data is corrupted, the file knackered and not viewable; notwithstanding possible damage to the cameras memory

Comment

I think I'd be concerned over file sizes & how they are transmitted.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
              I think I'd be concerned over file sizes & how they are transmitted.
              The file size could be anything from 100 MB to 1.5 Gb for 10 minutes depending on what resolution and the compression CODEC used in the camera, 1080p HD MJPEG would be around 1.,5 GB for the 10 minutes, they normally break the footage into 10 chunks on these small type cameras, as the memory will likely be formatted FAT 16 or FAT 32 with a maximum filesize of 1.99Gb and 3.99 Gb respectively. Either way these files are big for network transmission. They may film at VGA and use H264 with AAC audio in which case the files may be considerably smalle and be MOV or mp4. All this is conjecture and it would be good to know the spec of the cameras used.
              Ohh lok what I found here, these may be the very animal at £299.95 plus VAT a pop

http://www.globalfocus.ltd.uk/store/...ro-camera-16gb
              Last edited by bizzybob; 14th April 2014, 07:29:AM. Reason: found link

Comment

This is the one!

http://www.edesix.com/police-hub?gcl...FUmWtAodmH0AhQ

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Vere Brayne d'Emmidge View Post
                  Great thanks Sir Vere, footage could be compromised on data transfer if it is pulled out of the dock as it is downloading, but on the face of it it is a good system.

I would have hoped there was a detailed specification of the vamera viz its resolution, and CODEC used, some of the cameras in this market and of this type actually dependent on price may be VGA or XVGA native and use interpolation for the higher resolution.

Comment

A lot of professional video cameras these days use the MXF file format. The chips they use are HD quality capable of resolutions up to and including 4k.

An amusing incident I recall after retiring from policing and whilst running a small media business was a student protest march that I was filming. So were the police. The students didn't seem to mind me filming the march, as I had a press ID badge showing, but they didn't take kindly to the police filming them. One student, who must have been studying medicine, went up to a police officer who was filming them and said, "Can that camera be used to do a sphygmoidoscopy?" The hapless officer didn't have a clue what the student was going on about and looked at me with a look of sheer befuddlement on his face. Knowing what a sphygmoidoscopy entails, I have to admit that I could not contain my mirth and burst out laughing.
                    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X