• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

7months still waiting........

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7months still waiting........

Please anyone help,i suffer from depression an anxiety severely,i applied for P.I.P last july an still waiting for an Asessment date from Atos,im living on the breadline an seriously want to end it all ,whenever i phone they say they have no appointments available,Its been 7months is there anything i can do !Im under the Mental Health !
    Tags: None

Re: 7months still waiting........

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26356623
    they want feed back and storys...just left mine,why not leave them yours?

Comment

Hi Sorry sound thick but new to all this how do i leave my comments on the link you have given ?

Comment

Just checked the link and the BBC has now removed the comment/email them bit...Sorry,it was there this morning, I guess they proberly were inundated with replys what with Atossers track record.Have you tried emailing your MP? or Watchdog?

Comment

Thanks for reply,yes contacted my Local MP 4days ago heard nothing yet !As for watchdog well im not very good talking face to face an i think thats what they will want,i suffer with anxiety an severe depression ,im now at the end of the road as im not coping financially to the point where my daughter is using all her Uni Grant for us to be able to eat !As a parent you can imagine how much worse that makes me feel !

Comment

A public authority, which also includes a commercial entity acting for or on behalf of or as a public authority, has a duty to ensure it deals with a person's affairs in a timely fashion. 13 weeks is reasonable, but seven months is, in no way, dealing with a person's affairs in a timely manner. Putting it bluntly, ATOS is acting unlawfully. They may claim they have a backlog, but there is an answer to that - Prove it.

Give your MP a few more days, then chase up with their assistant at the HoC. You never know, they may be dangling IDS by his ankles from the top of Big Ben. :madgrin:
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Well hopefully your MP will fight this for you,give it another week and then write another letter if you have not heard owt back...I am sure he/she will reply if you have waited 7 months, there must be something these MP`s can do for us, and if they cant what chance does me or you have.
              Good luck.

Comment

Thanks ....But dont know how long more i can carry on like this !Good luck to you to

Comment

Hi just an update i have finally got an assessment date from Atos 24/03/14 ! My Mental Health Keyworker will be attending with me as this is something i know i cant face alone,already got the sickly feeling in my stomach god help me on the day !Will keep you all posted an thanks to all who have helped me !

Comment

just be honest with your answers and take any letters you have from you Doctors

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
                      just be honest with your answers and take any letters you have from you Doctors
                      Iwill be totally honest but i find it hard to look at people whilst talking an get very agitated thanks for all your help

Comment

Tell the this interviewer this I would expect that some people get nervous at these things they must know this I find if I get nervous I either laugh or waffle

Comment

hI PLEASE CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME HELP AN ADVICE ON ATOS,ITS BEEN WEEKS SINCE IVE HAD MY ASESSMENT AN I HAVE PHONED THEM TODAY ONLY TO BE TOLD THAT MY REPORT STILL HAS NOT BEEN SENT TO THE DWP FOR A DECISION ! ITS LIKE TALKING TO A BRICK WALL AN TO BE HONEST I REALLY CANT COPE ANYMORE AN JUST WANT TO END IT ALL BECAUSE OF THESE SCUMBAGS AN THE LIFE IM LIVING BECAUSE OF THEM !

Comment

Originally posted by buds68 View Post
                            hI PLEASE CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME HELP AN ADVICE ON ATOS,ITS BEEN WEEKS SINCE IVE HAD MY ASESSMENT AN I HAVE PHONED THEM TODAY ONLY TO BE TOLD THAT MY REPORT STILL HAS NOT BEEN SENT TO THE DWP FOR A DECISION ! ITS LIKE TALKING TO A BRICK WALL AN TO BE HONEST I REALLY CANT COPE ANYMORE AN JUST WANT TO END IT ALL BECAUSE OF THESE SCUMBAGS AN THE LIFE IM LIVING BECAUSE OF THEM !
                            Hi Buds,

I do have experience of the mental health system, both as a former policeman and, in latter years, as a patient. However, I was discharged altogether 11 years ago. Are you assigned to the Assertive Outreach Team or Primary Care Liaison Team for the mental health service in your area?

I have noted from an earlier post that your assessment was on 24 March 2014, which is just over three (3) weeks ago. There is a backlog of cases at ATOS, but some regions are being dealt with quicker than others. I do know that there is a sizeable backlog of cases in the counties served by the Bristol office. ATOS are in the government buildings at Flowers Hill, in Bristol.

Which county are you in, as this will determine how quickly your case is likely to be processed.
                            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi im in London ,i phoned them again today an my claim is still sitting in their internal tray 7 weeks on !!! Surely there must be something i can do ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X