• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Here and worried about 1st Credt/Connaught collections WON!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Here and worried about 1st Credt/Connaught collections WON!!!

Hi all
    I am new on the site thanks to a recommendation from a friend. I have read through some very interesting posts and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me or give me an idea what to do.
    I received a hand written envelop on Sat 8 feb though my door with a statutory demand inside concerning Lloydstsb having no clue what too do imediatley became worried as i only had a few days to reply the actual letter was dated 24/01/14 ! years ago i had dealings with Lloyds but could not recollect any debts oweing and had not heard anything from them in years.
    I called National Debt line for advice and they told me to send them a letter saying it was staute barred and fill in and return the court papers asking for it to be set aside on that basis which i dai.
    in the mean time i contacted Experian to see what was on my file and this was not on there as far as i could see.
    This saturday i got a letter back from Connaught saying that the debt was not statue barred and that i made a payment on in 2009 they attached to it a plain paper print out with a list of dates and payments. i have no paperwork from my bank dating so far back. I don't know what to do now as they are giving me 14 days to contact them about payment and i have already asked for a court date and have not told Connaught that i applied to have it set aside.
    national debtline are just confusing me with all this talk of bankruptcy, what do I do ?? im completly lost and i dont have any money to pay this and i don't even know if i owe it
    any help would be gratefully received.
    pammie07
    Tags: None

Re: New Here and worried about 1st Credt/Connaught collections !

Originally posted by pammie07 View Post
    Hi all
    I am new on the site thanks to a recommendation from a friend. I have read through some very interesting posts and was wondering if anyone would be able to help me or give me an idea what to do.
    I received a hand written envelop on Sat 8 feb though my door with a statutory demand inside concerning Lloydstsb having no clue what too do imediatley became worried as i only had a few days to reply the actual letter was dated 24/01/14 !
    Hi and welcome to LB!

A very good recommendation indeed, :clap2: :clap2: as Cel, one of the site owners, has an outstanding record when it comes to setting aside statutory demands! :yo: :yo: :yo:

At the last count, she had set aside over 65! :grin:

Pre-dating SDs seems to be a trick intended to make people think they've missed their chance to apply for set aside, :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: a trick very often used by Lowell, its use seems to be spreading.

However, what counts is the DATE OF SERVICE, not the date on the SD. :thumb:

years ago i had dealings with Lloyds but could not recollect any debts oweing and had not heard anything from them in years.
    I called National Debt line for advice and they told me to send them a letter saying it was staute barred and fill in and return the court papers asking for it to be set aside on that basis which i dai.
    in the mean time i contacted Experian to see what was on my file and this was not on there as far as i could see.
    If you defaulted over 6 years ago, the default would have dropped off, however this is no guarantee of SB status, not if payments were made after defaulting.
    This saturday i got a letter back from Connaught saying that the debt was not statue barred and that i made a payment on in 2009 they attached to it a plain paper print out with a list of dates and payments. i have no paperwork from my bank dating so far back. I don't know what to do now as they are giving me 14 days to contact them about payment and i have already asked for a court date and have not told Connaught that i applied to have it set aside.
    national debtline are just confusing me with all this talk of bankruptcy, what do I do ?? im completly lost and i dont have any money to pay this and i don't even know if i owe it
    any help would be gratefully received.
    pammie07
    You may want to look at this thread: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ands-READ-HERE
    ...in particular, the quote below:
    Originally posted by Celestine View Post
    So if you've received a statutory demand, you believe the debt is disputed or just need some basic advice, feel free to PM me or email me at katebriscoe@howlettclarke.co.uk

:beagle::beagle::beagle::beagle::beagle::beagle::b eagle:
    This should lift your spirits: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...uccesses-forum :grin: :grin: :grin:

Comment

Hi there and thanks for replying had a read though and sounds promising so shall I contact her through the email address supplied in your post ? It seems like she is the girl I need to speak to and knows what's she is doing :lalala::lalala::lalala: Fed up of listening to all these people talking and making no sense
      thanks again
      Pammie07

QUOTE=FlamingParrot;411110]Hi and welcome to LB!

A very good recommendation indeed, :clap2: :clap2: as Cel, one of the site owners, has an outstanding record when it comes to setting aside statutory demands! :yo: :yo: :yo:

Pre-dating SDs seems to be a trick intended to make people think they've missed their chance to apply for set aside, :mad2: :mad2: :mad2: a trick very often used by Lowell, its use seems to be spreading.

If you defaulted over 6 years ago, the default would have dropped off, however this is no guarantee of SB status, not if payments were made after defaulting.

You may want to look at this thread: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ands-READ-HERE

This should lift your spirits: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...uccesses-forum :grin: :grin: :grin:[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
        Should the old Office of Faffing and Twaddling, or the new Fundamentally Clueless Authority deal with such cases of apparent deception?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          Should the old Office of Faffing and Twaddling, or the new Fundamentally Clueless Authority deal with such cases of apparent deception?
          Of course they SHOULD! But, so far the OFT has been as much use as a chocolate fireguard. Maybe the FCA will be different... :flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::flypig::f lypig::flypig::flypig:

Comment

Any ideas how to proceed next i have sent an email to Kate have't heard yet ???

pammie 07

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
            Hi and welcome to LB!

This should lift your spirits: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...uccesses-forum :grin: :grin: :grin:

Comment

If you emailed her your contact details she will give you a call.

In the meantime, this list of payments they sent you to show the debt wasn't statute barred, was it one odd payment or a number of payments ? And do you recognise them?

Was stat barred your only reason for set aside on your 6.4 ?

Is the debt a overdraft or credit card/loan?
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

thanks for replying
                I did email her but did not put a phone number will email again
                its an list of old payment back in 2009 and before i dont recognise them and dont have my old statements to go back to
                i only listed statue bared on the form as when i called the ND line the lady was worried i would be out of time and i didnt have any other information at that point as this was out of the blue
                it seems like this is a credit card, however i checked experian and its not on there

Comment

Hi all just to update been in contact with Cel and shes on the case lets see what happens ........
                  thanks for all replies:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Yes, everything is under control :beagle:
                    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi All
                      We are still waiting for news !!!!

Hi all just to update been in contact with Cel and shes on the case lets see what happens ........
                      thanks for all replies:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

STATUTORY DEMAND WITHDRAWN :beagle:
                        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Re: New Here and worried about 1st Credt/Connaught collections WON!!!

Sorted Well done Kate and Congrats Pammie xx
                          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: New Here and worried about 1st Credt/Connaught collections WON!!!

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                            Sorted Well done Kate and Congrats Pammie xx
                            Wonderful wonderful news from Kate !!! we are so pleased and can sleep better at night, Kate has been an inspiration to me
                            Thanks again i will be a regular on this site its been a godsend with so much information

Pam:tinysmile_twink_t2::tung:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X