• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

WON !!!! - Orfoster v Lloyds Bank Charges in Hardship case - court 28/1 - WON !!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WON !!!! - Orfoster v Lloyds Bank Charges in Hardship case - court 28/1 - WON !!!

Somerset County Gazette today - http://www.somersetcountygazette.co....t_with_Lloyds/
    Taunton man's David v Goliath victory in bank charges fight with Lloyds

'' “As a result, my pay dropped and I went £2.67 over my overdraft.

“Lloyds just started charging me £20 a day. The charges reached £330 in two months and £743 overall.

“It just snowballed and caused me to miss other bills and credit cards repayments.

“I spoke to Lloyds every day, but they just refused to stop the charges. I felt entrapped because they kept charging me even though I was in difficulty.” ''
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: WON !!!! - Orfoster v Lloyds Bank Charges in Hardship case - court 28/1 - WON !!!

I wonder whether it would be possible to reclaim unarranged overdraft charges on a business account. :confused2: Despite no O/D facility, Barclays applied charges causing the account to go overdrawn by several hundred pounds. :mad2:

It's still live and not overdrawn at the moment, the charges were applied between 2009 and 2011. It's a limited company account so it may be different. :noidea:

Comment

I'm not sure of the application UTCCR would have to the circumstances. On one hand the definition of consumer is quite broad I think but I'm not sure if a business account is a 'consumer contract' for the purpose of the regs. I'll have a dig.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
          I'm not sure of the application UTCCR would have to the circumstances. On one hand the definition of consumer is quite broad I think but I'm not sure if a business account is a 'consumer contract' for the purpose of the regs. I'll have a dig.
          As I recall from way back business accounts fall out of the UTCCR, but I can't recall if anyone looked in great detail at the legislation to check this.

I am still working on a claim for charges on a business account from ages ago, but using the 'consequential loss' route.

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
            Thanks, EXC. :yo:

Originally posted by Kafka View Post
            As I recall from way back business accounts fall out of the UTCCR, but I can't recall if anyone looked in great detail at the legislation to check this.

I am still working on a claim for charges on a business account from ages ago, but using the 'consequential loss' route.
            Would you care to elaborate?

Comment

Business accounts ( Polly's on Fire Ltd ) are out under utccr (the clue is in the name ) although sole trader accounts (eg Flaming Parrot t/as Polly's on Fire) would have an argument. Lots of discussion and threads http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?98
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

This thread particularly http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...Barclays/page3
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

Martin was cut off in his prime :noidea:

M1

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                    Business accounts ( Polly's on Fire Ltd ) are out under utccr (the clue is in the name ) although sole trader accounts (eg Flaming Parrot t/as Polly's on Fire) would have an argument. Lots of discussion and threads http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/forumdisplay.php?98
                    Thanks, Ame :yo:

Sadly I'm not a sole trader, it's a limited company account.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X