• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Swansea Mafia Jailed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swansea Mafia Jailed

A group of fraudsters, some with connections to the matrix of notorious Claims Management companies known to many Beagles members as 'The Swansea Mafia' have been convicted and jailed in Swansea Crown Court for running a Sky TV warranties scam after the biggest ever operation mounted by Swansea Trading Standards.

Among those jailed were Paul De La Mare, one time director of call centre outfit Cellcom who did much of the cold calling for fraudulent up-front fee PPI claims management company Lifestyle Claims. By happy coincidence he was also a director of debt collection firm Money Reunited which collected debts for Redhawk Legal Ltd - the phoenix of Lifestyle Claims.

All of the above companies were at one time or other linked to the same Princess House business address in Swansea.

South Wales Evening Post story http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co...ail/story.html

Prosecution evidence of some of the recorded calls made by the gang and described by the judge as ''chilling'' has been released - to listen see further down the South Wales Evening post story here http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co...ail/story.html

Tags: None

Re: Swansea Mafia Jailed

Comment

****ing fantastic.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Well I think this calls for a nice front page story detailing all the other shit the MOJ won't do anything about.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Yes it is and thanks to BBC Wales X-Ray for the heads up and who're on doing a piece on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            Well I think this calls for a nice front page story detailing all the other shit the MOJ won't do anything about.
            I've already got the piece drafted so let me work on it for a bit and I'll ping it over.

Comment

Fabulous thank you xx

Shame it is for the Sky stuff but like Kate just said, doesn't matter WHY they're inside, they're inside and can't scam anyone else.

Shame their mates are still free to carry on though
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Could we also please send a thanks from LB to Swansea TS and anyone else that was involved in bringing such a great result.
                Enaid x

Comment

And there was me thinking they had raided DVLA. :grin:
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Paul delamare had a go at ripping off on the green energy stuff too with green deal network...only lasted 6 months though
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

According to this he's still at it but maybe it needs updating http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/paul-de-la-mare/71/426/3b2

His directorships http://companycheck.co.uk/director/907154461

Comment

FREE PHONES LIMITED Company is dissolved Company Secretary 27/02/2004 23/11/2006
                        FREE PHONES LIMITED Company is dissolved Director 27/02/2004 14/08/2006
                        ONE CONTACT LIMITED Dissolution (First Gazette) Company Secretary 02/01/2008 20/05/2008 -
                        ONE CONTACT LIMITED Dissolution (First Gazette) Director 02/01/2008 20/05/2008 -
                        SPLASH GLOBAL LIMITED Non trading Company Secretary 26/09/2006 20/04/2009 -
                        SPLASH GLOBAL LIMITED Non trading Director 26/09/2006 06/04/2009 -
                        CELLCOM COMMUNICATIONS LTD In Liquidation Company Secretary 03/08/2006 16/02/2009 -
                        CELLCOM COMMUNICATIONS LTD In Liquidation Director 03/08/2006
                        FREE PHONES DIRECT LIMITED Company is dissolved Director 12/05/2005 23/11/2006 /
                        BLUETOOTH SERVICES LTD Company is dissolved Director 04/02/2005 22/09/2005
                        S T 1000 LIMITED Company is dissolved Company Secretary 19/10/2001 14/08/2006
                        S T 1000 LIMITED Company is dissolved Director 19/09/2001 14/08/2006
                        COMMUNICATIONS SELECT LIMITED Company is dissolved Company Secretary 31/07/2000 -
                        COMMUNICATIONS SELECT LIMITED Company is dissolved Director 31/07/2000 -
                        AURORA LOGISTICS LIMITED Company is dissolved Director 19/02/2009 -
                        PROTECT DIRECT LIMITED Company is dissolved Director 11/04/2011 -
                        MONEY REUNITED LIMITED Non trading Director 12/12/2007 16/02/2009
                        D C S CONNECT LIMITED Company is dissolved Director 09/05/2005 - 05/2007
                        FREE PHONES DIRECT LIMITED Company is dissolved Company Secretary 12/05/2005 23/11/2006 04/2009

Ah I remember the good old days of cellcom and splash....

4 years he's got...not long enough.

Wonder if the others are being better looked at now. http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...hawk-financial are lots of the names together. Gregory Miles James, John Thomas etc

Worth keeping an eye out for CARBON REDUCTION GROUP LIMITED
                        GROVE HOUSE 3RD FLOOR
                        GROVE PLACE
                        SWANSEA
                        WALES
                        SA1 5DF
                        Company No. 08474052

and this guy http://companycheck.co.uk/director/911657309
                        Last edited by Amethyst; 15th February 2014, 17:20:PM.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Was directors disqualification part of the sentence ?

Comment

Originally posted by SpringerSpaniel View Post
                            Was directors disqualification part of the sentence ?
                            I doubt it. You've practically got to commit mass murder to be disqualified as a director, such is the protection offered to directors of limited companies.

Incidentally Martin Lewis took some of the this mob to court in a trade mark dispute (they were cold calling saying they were from 'Money Saving Expert') and the judge held that they were ''riding on the coat tails'' of MSE.

The judgment makes for interesting reading http://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/Ch/2011/1627.html

Note that the solicitors acting for Client Connection Ltd (AKA Lifestyle Claims) were Ultimate Law (proprietor Daniella Lipszyc) and who were also Client Connection's agents in PPI claims. So no conflict of interest there then.

Comment

Ages ago I had a call from the clowns who said that were " Money Saving Expert" declined them thank heavens!
                              Reported it to ME, though not really a member the ads annoyed me.
                              Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X