• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SPML C/O Acenden Ltd unable to retrive data

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SPML C/O Acenden Ltd unable to retrive data

I sent in Nov an DSAR to SPML C/O Acenden Ltd who pretend to look after the so call servicing part of my mortgage.

After being given a run a round and sending many more letters and email, a package arrived long after the 40 day limit.

Most of the information was letters sent by SPML/Acenden to me along with some accounting information like yearly statements or transaction histories about my account, How ever the letter from them included in the package received informed we that they could not retrieve from their systems any accounting Data/information for a two year period on my account which I find very odd.

I again sent them emails and letters requesting why they are unable to retrieve this information and received a reply stating that the matter is closed and I have the right to complain to FOS.

Because I have worked for many large banks and loan companies in the past in computer departments I know that they can,t just lose this information unless they delete it them self's, and in fact if they do they will sill have backups which enables them to recover the data.

Being upset at being treated like some sort of idiot by Acenden I sent a letter to the head of their I.T. dept requesting he explain and confirm in writing in detail how the information was lost or has become irretrievable. I also informed him that a complaint had already been lodged with the I.C.O as SPML/Acenden have failed to up hold the basic principles of the Data Protection Act. I now awaiting a reply from SPML/Acenden I.T. head and the I.C.O about this serious matter.

I look forward to receiving comments or advice from site members about the above.
    Robinhood2003
    Tags: acenden, dsar, spml

Re: SPML C/O Acenden Ltd unable to retrive data

I would tell them to take and good read of theInformation Commissioners Legal Guidance given for the Seventh Principle of the DPA. It lays out this:
    Appropriate technical and organisational measures must be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.

The above was extracted from the Cainet Offices legal Guidance document......which you can accessby clicking this link......on page 8
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...1_Apr-2013.pdf

Sparkie

Comment

Re: SPML C/O Acenden Ltd unable to retrive data

Thank you very interesting
      Robinhood2003

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X